Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Originally posted by Probert View Post
    I will be interested to see if the Brothers are penalized for the 1st class move. I know the rules specifically state you can only fly coach, I am not sure if allowing to move up in flight would specifically qualify as breaking the rules though.
    The rules only say they have to buy coach class tickets. There have been instances where the flight was sold out in coach, but the team convinced the airline employee to let them sit in First/Business class.

Props to the brothers for thinking of that and convincing the flight attendant to let them move up.
    UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

That was pretty much an underlying current for several episodes at least with the brunette lesbian but you probably missed the episode where they got U-turned and eliminated.
      At least she doesn't hold a childish grudge Not clapping, throwing a tantrum...What a baby...her partner was completely embarrassed, and I certainly don't blame her for being so.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
        The rules only say they have to buy coach class tickets. There have been instances where the flight was sold out in coach, but the team convinced the airline employee to let them sit in First/Business class.

Props to the brothers for thinking of that and convincing the flight attendant to let them move up.
        Honestly I doubt it gave the brothers that much of an advantage since they had to clear customs, it would have moved them up in line a little bit which depending on which line you get sent to or if you get an overly inquisitive customs agent could play just as big a part as when you get off the plane.
        Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Honestly I doubt it gave the brothers that much of an advantage since they had to clear customs, it would have moved them up in line a little bit which depending on which line you get sent to or if you get an overly inquisitive customs agent could play just as big a part as when you get off the plane.
          Getting off a B777 if you're near the back takes a solid 30 minutes. That probably made the difference.

And with the show, I'm sure customs/immigration goes smoother than it would for a normal traveler. CBS probably clears everything important ahead of time.
          UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

I will be interested to see if the Brothers are penalized for the 1st class move. I know the rules specifically state you can only fly coach, I am not sure if allowing to move up in flight would specifically qualify as breaking the rules though.
            I thought it was BS that they were able to move to first class. Huge advantage.

Also, the bag thing in the line was also awful.

Sorry, he was in line, you putting your bag there should be against the rules.
            His bag was there too, he was sleeping on it.

Does second place get anything?
            Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 05-09-2010, 11:39 PM.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

The Cowboys, the straight brother and the blond lesbian can come to my cast party. The Barbies, the gay brother and the brunette lesbian can suck it.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-10-2010, 09:43 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The bag move was awful. Of course, on the last leg you don't need to make friends.

I'm surprised by the move up to first class. On an international flight like that, it's huge. I believe that may have been why the brothers won. Well, that and however long it took the cowboys to read the star wars clue. With editing you never know, but it looked like the models were a bit behind with their cab driver...and they caught up while the cowboys were at Lucas films.

Fun season. At least the models didn't win. Brunette lesbian needs to let it go. How far back were they booted off? What's the estimate in real time, it had been a week or at least a few days? Move on.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  The bag move was awful. Of course, on the last leg you don't need to make friends.

I'm surprised by the move up to first class. On an international flight like that, it's huge. I believe that may have been why the brothers won. Well, that and however long it took the cowboys to read the star wars clue. With editing you never know, but it looked like the models were a bit behind with their cab driver...and they caught up while the cowboys were at Lucas films.

Fun season. At least the models didn't win. Brunette lesbian needs to let it go. How far back were they booted off? What's the estimate in real time, it had been a week or at least a few days? Move on.
                  The whole Race was 24? days. Couldn't have been longer than a week or so.
                  UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

I think moving to the front of the plane was the difference, bro. If you think about it, even if they have to wait in the customs line and it's reasonably first-in, first-out, then it's a wash, bro.

I wish the cowboys had won, they were fun, ran clean, and competent, bro. They also helpfully refrained from referring to each other as bro, bro. At least bro got to fulfill his dream, bro. (How sick of that was I by the end, bro?)

The bag move was bush league, bro - but in the end it didn't make a difference. I think it's more of an unwritten rule that you get to go in the order you arrived. Bro.
                    Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

• Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                      The whole Race was 24? days. Couldn't have been longer than a week or so.
                      I believe the race took 23 days, Phil said it at the end however many days and miles when he made the winners announcement. One of my friends sisters made it past the first selection process to the interview stage and they told her she would have to take off 3 weeks from work. With the 12 hour rest period between stages there is no way they could do it in a week.
                      Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Working...
                      X