Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Wow, how did the cowboys do so good. This episode is a clear example of how getting a crappy cab driver can kill you as it looks like either Steve and Allie or the brothers are going home.
    Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Originally posted by Probert View Post
      Wow, how did the cowboys do so good. This episode is a clear example of how getting a crappy cab driver can kill you as it looks like either Steve and Allie or the brothers are going home.
      Cowboys have solidified my vote for awesome.

I hope the models are done.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Lesbians took the U-Turn and in their comments showed why it happened to them. Running a smart race the Cops should have been U-turned but unfortunately when a team has the choice between a strong team they like and a somewhat strong team they dislike the disliked team gets the shaft. Once again not that good of a leg, really surprised more teams did not pick the ice cream challenge. I am also taking a stab this is a non elimination due to the U-Turn.

Comment

Lesbians took the U-Turn and in their comments showed why it happened to them. Running a smart race the Cops should have been U-turned but unfortunately when a team has the choice between a strong team they like and a somewhat strong team they dislike the disliked team gets the shaft. Once again not that good of a leg, really surprised more teams did not pick the ice cream challenge. I am also taking a stab this is a non elimination due to the U-Turn.
          Having a non-elimination in a U-turn leg is just wrong. Glad you were, too! Not nice to say, but I really disliked the lesbian team. Is it just my imagination, or has every gay and lesbian team been mean, catty, unfriendly, and unlikeable? Their saying that U-turning them was ignorant is not bright - u-turning a team you deem to be a threat is a good move.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            Having a non-elimination in a U-turn leg is just wrong. Glad you were, too! Not nice to say, but I really disliked the lesbian team. Is it just my imagination, or has every gay and lesbian team been mean, catty, unfriendly, and unlikeable? Their saying that U-turning them was ignorant is not bright - u-turning a team you deem to be a threat is a good move.
            Danny and Oswald are amongst my favorite teams of all time on the race and the only other really mean unlikeable team that springs to my mind is Team Guido.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              Is it just my imagination, or has every gay and lesbian team been mean, catty, unfriendly, and unlikeable? Their saying that U-turning them was ignorant is not bright - u-turning a team you deem to be a threat is a good move.

It's just your imagination.

Half of this lesbian team, however, was very annoying, and I'm glad to see her gone. Regardless, it was a typically stupid move by the airheads -- they U-Turned them not because they thought they were a threat (they never won a single leg) but because Carrie Prejean's feelings were hurt. The smart move would have been U-Turning the cowboys or the detectives, each of which is a far stronger team.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fortune Magazine had an interesting article on Blake, of the Blake and Paige team from Season 2. He is the founder of Toms Shoes which was founded partially on his experience on the show.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/16/smal...tune/index.htm

Comment

The Cowboys crack me up "Who knows you could have a career in fashion design" "I could be a natural."

Comment

The Cowboys crack me up "Who knows you could have a career in fashion design" "I could be a natural."
                    I thought their best line was "Don't let the clothes fool ya, we are into the fashion scene."

04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                    Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

"Can we have a shooting challenge, kick a door in, chase a crackhead" For all their complaints everybody seemed to do the fashion challenge pretty quick
                      Last edited by Probert; 04-25-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Hard leg today last roadblocks seemed pretty tough. Glad to not see Mike and Louie get eliminated hopefully the models won't make the final three.

Comment

What I find interesting about this season is that the teams that have behaved badly - the cops - I don't see as villains. Jet & Cord are awesome, they are my favorite team in a while.

Model girl had a great bonehead comment in the 1st portion of the ep tonight.

Shanghai should prove a great backdrop. Getting around there can be tough if you don't speak Chinese.
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I don't really see the cops as villians, but I wouldn't have minded if they had gotten the boot last night.

As much as I don't want the models to win, I enjoy that they are still around for me to laugh at.

The cowboys look to be having fun and I enjoy their humor on the race. I think my favorite teams are always the ones having fun (such as the hippies from whatever season).

Interesting having 2 road blocks and each person having to do one of them.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              As much as I don't want the models to win, I enjoy that they are still around for me to laugh at.
                              Anything that makes it less likely they'll reproduce is good. If those morons get their hands on a million dollars, they will likely not survive the summer.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Seems like most of the teams had a hard time in Shanghai. Would have liked to see how teams would have done the dumpling challenge which didn't seem that hard. I am guessing because the teams had realized the shortage of English speaking people in Shanghai it may have been tough to find the place they were going. I can't believe the brothers wandered around for 2 hours after getting the clue without asking a hotel taxi etc for directions to the garden bridge. Disappointing that Mike and Louie were eliminated rather than the models. Although now I know who to root for in the finals. Go Cowboys.
                                Last edited by Probert; 05-03-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X