Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    The father/daughter team has always been likable the issue for them was they got very little camera time in the first few episodes besides painting the wrong house. Which fwiw was one of the funniest unintentional comedy moments in Amazing Race history.
    Here's the thing about Amazing Race. Was that really this season? Because it feels like it was about 3 years ago. I enjoy the show, but for whatever reason it really drags. Or maybe watching people stand around in airports does not leave a feeling of continuity that comes from compelling drama.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
      The father/daughter team are becoming likable as someone already has said.
      I liked them from the start, but I figured they were an early exit since they got no screen time. I think they have a good shot since they are both in shape and seem relatively sane.
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I love the cowboys. They just get it done. With a smile. Have you noticed that they don't complain? Or get wound up about another team? They just take care of business. And they're funny. "You don't have to pedal a horse."

Poor Miss South Carolina says the dumbest things. I think I heard her say she was going to eat the *bleep* out of the baguette. Really?

All in all, not a tough episode. I think the only team that picked up a place was the cowboys, because the gay brothers are, well...gay. And karma got Mighty Mouth. I thought U-Turning them was a bad move. With his bum knee, I didn't see him as a serious threat. I would have U-turned the cowboys, they are the most serious threat. But I'm sure glad to have them around. They are definitely my favorites. And my favorites to win.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

The cowboys are tiresome, I strongly dislike them. And who ever heard of a cowboy who doesn't drink? Sacrilege.

Carrie Prejean said she was glad the baguette "didn't have any crazy crap in it." Like, I dunno, basil.

I would definitely have U-turned the cowboys, if anybody, they, the firemen, and the models (as long as there are no puzzles) are the strongest teams. It wasn't clear that a blind U-turn burns up your one U-turn chance -- if so, I don't know why anybody U-turns when they're in first; that makes no sense.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            I liked them from the start, but I figured they were an early exit since they got no screen time. I think they have a good shot since they are both in shape and seem relatively sane.
            This. They and the blond with the (excuse me, utterly amazing) boobs are my favorite teams as far as likability, although I wish the blond's boyfriend and the Shrew Lesbian could be erased, leaving the blond with the Pleasant Lesbian.
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              The cowboys are tiresome, I strongly dislike them. And who ever heard of a cowboy who doesn't drink? Sacrilege.

I would definitely have U-turned the cowboys, if anybody, they, the firemen, and the models (as long as there are no puzzles) are the strongest teams. It wasn't clear that a blind U-turn burns up your one U-turn chance -- if so, I don't know why anybody U-turns when they're in first; that makes no sense.
              They don't drink or swear. "Oh my gravy."

Joe and Heidi hurt themselves with their arrogance. Thats why Louie and Mike chose them. They're detectives not firemen.

Your busty blonde will not last long if she keeps forgetting she's in a race.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                Your busty blonde will not last long if she keeps forgetting she's in a race.
                "Put your boobs on the ground and drag them over here."
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  I put that one down to the guy being a major jerk, not the girl dogging it.

I agree she's at risk every week, though. There are still some weak teams -- the girls have worse chemistry, the brothers are not good at... at anything. But unless she and her psycho boyfriend can pull it together, they won't be top 3.

Ever since they said they were undercover detectives I've been hoping they were undercover something else -- firemen, accountants, assassins. Otherwise... well, cover's blown.
                  Cornell University

Comment

lol.

I don't want Big Brother or teen South Carolina to win, but I enjoy watching both teams.

I like the cowboys and the father daughter team (they're still in it, right...they get very little face time).

I was surprised the detectives used the U-turn, especially when in first place. It certainly defeats the purpose of a "blind" u-turn when the team you u-turn is likely in 2nd at that point...they'll know who it was. And agreed that while Joe's attitude may have been annoying, his knee would have probably kept him from being competitive. If you want to win the race take out your strongest competition when you can.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      the father daughter team (they're still in it, right...they get very little face time)
                      They're still in it and I think they're great. They just don't do anything snarky or stupid (except paint that guy's house), and the daughter's not slutty or inane, so they aren't good TV.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        lol.

I don't want Big Brother or teen South Carolina to win, but I enjoy watching both teams.

I like the cowboys and the father daughter team (they're still in it, right...they get very little face time).

I was surprised the detectives used the U-turn, especially when in first place. It certainly defeats the purpose of a "blind" u-turn when the team you u-turn is likely in 2nd at that point...they'll know who it was. And agreed that while Joe's attitude may have been annoying, his knee would have probably kept him from being competitive. If you want to win the race take out your strongest competition when you can.
                        I like team Big Brother, only because the Mrs. and I watched Big Brother. They were entertaining there. I thought they were entertaining then and I think they are still entertaining.
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

It was something she could understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I put that one down to the guy being a major jerk, not the girl dogging it.
                            If you had seen these two on Big Brother you would know Jeff is not a jerk. They poke fun at each other. He did show signs of frustration but his comment could have come from him if they were in first place.

He wants to win the money. I'm not so sure she cares as much.

Comment

Bump. Race on.

Comment

I'm so glad that the idiot couple are still in. Brent and Caite. I don't understand how people that stupid can keep winning.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'd like my top 3 to be the cowboys, the detectives, and Steve and Allie. The cowboys are great because they can make fun of themselves. "Heck, we weren't in the same town!"
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X