Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

This season seems to be shaping up to be a season where I root against most of the teams. About the only one I can say I am rooting for is the cowboys. I am utterly amazed with such a long layover that only 3 teams looked for a better bus connection. For a Race that is supposed to be "really" tough this year the detour and roadblock were really simple. I expected the Lesbian couple to have a breakdown but it looks like it happens even earlier than I expected it.
    Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Re: Amazing Race 16 - Villains, Barbie Dolls, and Wierdoes In Exotic Locales, Oh my!

I was really dissapointed with the one detour....I thought they were going to have to hit the target. Turns out they could just fall off the dock and swim to the clue. Lame.

I also can't believe that only 3 teams looked for better bus routes. What did the other teams do for the nearly full day while waiting to get on their direct bus?
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        They just kept looking for better bus connections. And a little luck that some other teams ended up in the wrong bus station and then stupidly tried to get to the right one when it should have been obvious that they wouldn't catch their bus, thereby missing the one that the cowboys were taking. That really cracked me up.
        Yet those two teams somehow caught up which is the part I missed.

I thought the cowboy team would be weak seeing how the first week went for them. I do like them and it looks like they may be stronger than they originally looked.

My favorite is big brother. I find the interaction between Jeff and Jordan entertaining. He is comical and takes her ditsyness in stride.

I can't stand the diva's (all three of them). The remarks about Caite were high school remarks. He (Jordan) needs to grow up.
        Last edited by BearPaw; 02-23-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
          Yet those two teams somehow caught up which is the part I missed.

I thought the cowboy team would be weak seeing how the first week went for them. I do like them and it looks like they may be stronger than they originally looked.

My favorite is big brother. I find the interaction between Jeff and Jordan entertaining. He is comical and takes her ditsyness in stride.

I can't stand the diva's (all three of them). The remarks about Caite where high school remarks. He (Jordan) needs to grow up.
          I watch Big Brother so the Mrs and I are kinda rooting for them. But the cowboys are fun to watch.
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Beer drinking detour.

Comment

I'm still not in to this version of the Race. pretty mundane tonight though they brought back the Intersection for the first time in a while. Don't really like this were you have to wait for another team to show up. It looks like only one team succumbed to the sauerkraut and beer with a puke fest but they didn't even do the sauerkraut challenge. I would have thought more teams would have done the sauerkraut challenge unless you can't eat it at all that seemed like a really easy challenge.

Comment

Tonight was a violation of my rule: do not do the food challenges. It actually looked doable.

I'm really glad Bemused and His Boobs were not eliminated, they have become my favorite team. Dad and Daughter get cooler each week, too.

OTOH, Carrie Prejean just gets more hateful every episode.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The sauerkraut didn't look that bad, but I like sauerkraut. Of course, when deciding not knowing how big the plate of sauerkraut was or how long the song was might make it a tough decision. Besides, soccer sounds fun too.

I was dissapointed that not every team was excited to drink a boot of beer. The one girl's face was hilarious.

Ok episode. I'm glad it was non-elimination as it would suck to lose because of an idiotic cab driver. (that was the team with stupid cab driver...right? I get big brother and miss south carolina teams confused).
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    The sauerkraut didn't look that bad, but I like sauerkraut. Of course, when deciding not knowing how big the plate of sauerkraut was or how long the song was might make it a tough decision. Besides, soccer sounds fun too.

I was dissapointed that not every team was excited to drink a boot of beer. The one girl's face was hilarious.

Ok episode. I'm glad it was non-elimination as it would suck to lose because of an idiotic cab driver. (that was the team with stupid cab driver...right? I get big brother and miss south carolina teams confused).
                    Yeah, that was team big brother...
                    Originally posted by Bakunin
                    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Germany is a boring destination. The trains are well organized and run on time, and there's no language barrier.

Did anyone catch that the Big Brother blondie was drinking a Coke while she let her partner down the boot of beer?

Miss SC had a bonehead comment, too (I forget exactly what she said), she's running on a pace of about once a week.

Also: disappointing that they went from Chile to Bariloche via bus. There is a supernifty sea-land-sea-land-sea Cruce de Lagos that includes a place called Puerto Blest. The hotel there would have made an awesome pit stop - it's the closest thing to the hotel in The Shining as you can get. It was creepy on a sunny Tuesday.
                      *****http://i48.tinypic.com/5cngpz.jpg******
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                        Germany is a boring destination. The trains are well organized and run on time, and there's no language barrier.

Did anyone catch that the Big Brother blondie was drinking a Coke while she let her partner down the boot of beer?

Miss SC had a bonehead comment, too (I forget exactly what she said), she's running on a pace of about once a week.

Also: disappointing that they went from Chile to Bariloche via bus. There is a supernifty sea-land-sea-land-sea Cruce de Lagos that includes a place called Puerto Blest. The hotel there would have made an awesome pit stop - it's the closest thing to the hotel in The Shining as you can get. It was creepy on a sunny Tuesday.
                        *****http://i48.tinypic.com/5cngpz.jpg******
                        The Hotel In the Shining

Agree was a pretty boring leg, not really anything challenging, just get stuff done and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          Yeah, I know. The one in Argentina is creepy as hell, though.
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I've been to the one where they shot the outdoor scenes (Timberline Lodge, Oregon). They didn't use the interiors but they should have -- it's one of the most beautiful hotels in the US. Spooky as all hell at night. All WPA work, too.

Germany's always fun because you can see the old guys sitting around in the bars thinking, "how on earth did we lose to these idiots?"

Logistics, baby. It's all about the guys with clipboards.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

I hate to see a team leave because of a cab error or mechanical problems. I'd rather have them lose for not being able to accomplish a task or a navigation mistake of their own.

Big brother team and Miss SC team are similar. The ditzy girls are with level headed guys. How they dared let those girls venture out on their own was a scarey thought.

The father/daughter team are becoming likable as someone already has said.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                                I hate to see a team leave because of a cab error or mechanical problems. I'd rather have them lose for not being able to accomplish a task or a navigation mistake of their own.

Big brother team and Miss SC team are similar. The ditzy girls are with level headed guys. How they dared let those girls venture out on their own was a scarey thought.

The father/daughter team are becoming likable as someone already has said.
                                The father/daughter team has always been likable the issue for them was they got very little camera time in the first few episodes besides painting the wrong house. Which fwiw was one of the funniest unintentional comedy moments in Amazing Race history.
                                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X