NHL 2024: SLC Puck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    With Dallas out, I have absolutely no reason to want either side to win over the other. Just the way I like it.
    Come on it will be fun to see Gary give the cup to a Canadian team that’s not the leafs

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Come on it will be fun to see Gary give the cup to a Canadian team that’s not the leafs
      **** that, the Curse of Marty McSorely must live forever.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        **** that, the Curse of Marty McSorely must live forever.
        Penguins, Kings, and Bruins have already broken it.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          With Dallas out, I have absolutely no reason to want either side to win over the other. Just the way I like it.
          Canada vs Florida is objectively good vs evil.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing Edmonton win. There's something about the Panthers that makes them unlikeable as far as I'm concerned.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• I can't root for anything good to happen to Florida in any capacity
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Seeing Florida lose back to back Stanley Cups would be hilarious. As much as I didn't want Ken Holland to win a cup after leaving Detroit, in Ken we trust!
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Other than signing Hyman (who knew he could score 50 in the show?), Kenny was basically handed the keys. McJesus, Draisaitl, RNH, Bouchard,and Nurse were all drafted before he was hired. I guess he gets credit for finally hiring the coach who has put it all together and finally gotten them over the 2nd round hump.

Comment

• I'm a little conflicted as one of my favorite former Terriers plays for Florida so I would like to see him get his name on the Cup. However, I dislike the Panthers and want nothing good to ever happen in the state of Florida. So, go Edmonton but I hope Evan Rodrigues scores 11 goals. Or something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Other than signing Hyman (who knew he could score 50 in the show?), Kenny was basically handed the keys. McJesus, Draisaitl, RNH, Bouchard,and Nurse were all drafted before he was hired. I guess he gets credit for finally hiring the coach who has put it all together and finally gotten them over the 2nd round hump.
                      Sounds an awful lot like his tenure with the Wings, since Jim Nill was the architect and handed the keys to Kenny...
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I agree with the Holland comments, but I will point out that the 08 Cup was Holland mostly. The 97-98, not Holland, and 02 was Mr. I's pocketbook.

I see Florida stomping the Oilers. I don't trust Skinner, and there is no way the Panthers go 0 for the series on the PP. I think the Rangers would have wrecked Edmonton too. I'm fine with either team winning. And if it is Edmonton at least I won't need to listen to the second coming in conference this time.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          I wouldn't mind seeing Edmonton win. There's something about the Panthers that makes them unlikeable as far as I'm concerned.
                          Agree.

But -- and I'm not saying this because I saw my Rangers get beat by Florida -- I just don't see anyone beating this Florida team. One of the best disciplined, coached defenses I've ever seen. And they are relentless on both ends of the ice with their checking -- without being dirty. And their goaltending is more than good enough to win.

Heck, I said two rounds ago whoever comes out of the East wins the final. Maybe Dallas could have won it as a Western team, but they didn't even make it.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Goaltending has been Edmonton's playoff Achilles heel for years with McDavid and company. If Skinner is on, the Oilers win. If not, they end up out in 5 giving up 30+ goals like every other spring.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                              I agree with the Holland comments, but I will point out that the 08 Cup was Holland mostly. The 97-98, not Holland, and 02 was Mr. I's pocketbook.

I see Florida stomping the Oilers. I don't trust Skinner, and there is no way the Panthers go 0 for the series on the PP. I think the Rangers would have wrecked Edmonton too. I'm fine with either team winning. And if it is Edmonton at least I won't need to listen to the second coming in conference this time.
                              By stomping, you mean winning by 1-0 or 2-0 for 4 games. Florida doesn’t score much, but with their forecheck and goaltending, they don’t need to. I agree that they will bottle up edmontons big guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

By stomping, you mean winning by 1-0 or 2-0 for 4 games. Florida doesn’t score much, but with their forecheck and goaltending, they don’t need to. I agree that they will bottle up edmontons big guns.
                                Florida can score, the ECF were low scoring because Shesterkin is a damn good goaltender. Again, there is no way the Oilers keep the Panthers powerplay 0 for the series.
                                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X