Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2024: SLC Puck

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NHL 2024: SLC Puck

    Looks like the “Coyotes to SLC” rumors are swirling again.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

  • #2
    Does Houston just not want a team?
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Looks like the “Coyotes to SLC” rumors are swirling again.
      One source even suggests that an announcement will be made the day after the 'yotes season ends next week.

      Given what just happened in KC about their stadiums, IMHO, we need owners who step up and spend their own money as opposed to the shoulders of tax payers. Wouldn't a brand new, self bought, stadium fix the problem in Phoenix?

      Kind of a good example of how rich people try to take advantage of normal people.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sounds like the Jazz owner is interested in buying and relocating them, with a quick path to a new arena in Salt Lake (hopefully he's not counting on public money for that given current trends). Question is, will he get the opportunity?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Sounds like the Jazz owner is interested in buying and relocating them, with a quick path to a new arena in Salt Lake (hopefully he's not counting on public money for that given current trends). Question is, will he get the opportunity?
          SLC is going to need a new arena for the 2034 Olympics anyway, having a long term tenant for it isn’t a bad idea.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

          Comment


          • #6
            In World Championships news, the US apparently has commitments already from Gaudreau, Caufield, Thompson, Luke Hughes, Pinto, Brady Tkachuk, Seth Jones, and Zegras.

            Sounds like Guerin’s “if you want to play in the Olympics, you’d better show up for the World Championships” message (something that should’ve implemented years ago) has been received.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
              Wouldn't a brand new, self bought, stadium fix the problem in Phoenix?
              It wouldn't solve the problem of owners needing to bribe pols to hand over the public treasury to them or otherwise that's the end of the free market, or something.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Does Houston just not want a team?
                Needs an owner willing to pay the extortion, I mean ransom, I mean fee the league wants to charge for relocation.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                Live Radio from 100.3

                Comment


                • #9
                  For the third year in a row, Vegas announced that mark stone is skating riiiight before playoffs start.

                  who could have spleen this coming?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hate them so much
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Hate them so much
                      It will be nice when Detroit gets enough depth to be able to do it.

                      As for the Red Wings- sure looks pretty improbable now to make the playoffs. Had they gotten the Caps and the Penguins, they would be in, for sure. But neither went their way, and being behind Pit and NYI with the addition of losing the tie breaker to Caps- we are 4th for the last 2 (right?).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                        It will be nice when Detroit gets enough depth to be able to do it.

                        As for the Red Wings- sure looks pretty improbable now to make the playoffs. Had they gotten the Caps and the Penguins, they would be in, for sure. But neither went their way, and being behind Pit and NYI with the addition of losing the tie breaker to Caps- we are 4th for the last 2 (right?).
                        Yeah the Wings look pretty doomed after holding an 8? point lead over everyone before Larkin's injury. Shocking how bad the 2-4th lines are when missing one good player. Yzerman needs to have a great offseason to fix the skill issues on this team, otherwise he will be in hot water.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bronco View Post

                          Yeah the Wings look pretty doomed after holding an 8? point lead over everyone before Larkin's injury. Shocking how bad the 2-4th lines are when missing one good player. Yzerman needs to have a great offseason to fix the skill issues on this team, otherwise he will be in hot water.
                          I can't see Yzerman being that hot, at least a few more seasons. The improvement is pretty clear, and it seems that he's doing it on a budget, so that when the mid season trigger needs pulled, he'll have money. Or if *the guy* is available in free agency, it would be affordable. I could be missing something, though.

                          Like the Lions, they need a more solid D, especially the catcher...... Wait, too many sports there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                            I can't see Yzerman being that hot, at least a few more seasons. The improvement is pretty clear, and it seems that he's doing it on a budget, so that when the mid season trigger needs pulled, he'll have money. Or if *the guy* is available in free agency, it would be affordable. I could be missing something, though.

                            Like the Lions, they need a more solid D, especially the catcher...... Wait, too many sports there.
                            Most of the cap space should get eaten up by resigning Seider and Raymond. The problem they have is the second line is on par with most teams third line. The team aside from 3-4 players are all 3rd and 4th line players, playing up a line because they don't have anyone better to take the spot. There might be some players coming from Grand Rapids, but Larkin is still not really a great 1C. And that doesn't even consider the defense. First pair is good, after that... it gets iffy to bad real quick.
                            Let's Go Broncos!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sounds like coyote players have been informed of the move to Utah and it will be announced on the 17th, during final game at mullet lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X