Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

What in the ****ing hell is this BS?
    Im confused on what it means. Back in my younger days I was engaged to a foreigner and the process was pretty clear- had to apply for visa, no guarantee it’s granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I’m terrified of Chevron. I live in one of the bluest states and your employer has poisoned most of my family already. We get rid of chevron and I cannot imagine what non blue states will look like - we’ll see kids with 3 arms being born in our lifetime
      I mean, yeah it's not great, but we're working on it. I'd be happy to explain why I know what I know off the public forums. Not because I can't discuss it, just don't like revealing too many details about my identity.

I'm also confident that living in a blue state won't protect us. It might for enough time to get out of the potential future hellhole but eventually some mine or chemical company is going to sue that state regulators don't have authority. The Supreme Court will then vest all authority into the federal agencies which have all been thoroughly castrated.

I just wrapped up reading Handmaiden's Tale a month or two ago and it's looking eerily similar to our current trajectory. It's kind of crazy.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

What in the ****ing hell is this BS?
        I think that's a misreading of the ruling from what I can tell. The ruling seems to state that you don't have a right to know precisely why they weren't admitted. Which isn't that great either!

But honestly, I'm not sure there is a right to have a non-citizen spouse admitted. Where is that right granted? It's certainly possible that congress passed a law establishing it, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it in a constitutional text. Could easily be talked out of this position though.

That said, I don't think the feds should be able to tell you to pound sand because you want to know why your husband wasn't granted a visa.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I mean, yeah it's not great, but we're working on it. I'd be happy to explain why I know what I know off the public forums. Not because I can't discuss it, just don't like revealing too many details about my identity.

I'm also confident that living in a blue state won't protect us. It might for enough time to get out of the potential future hellhole but eventually some mine or chemical company is going to sue that state regulators don't have authority. The Supreme Court will then vest all authority into the federal agencies which have all been thoroughly castrated.

I just wrapped up reading Handmaiden's Tale a month or two ago and it's looking eerily similar to our current trajectory. It's kind of crazy.
          Wasn’t meant to be personal! I’ve no doubt that company will continue to find ways to shortcut and poison. Just like my former employer finds new ways to harm people. I wonder which one is responsible for more deaths….could be close!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I think that's a misreading of the ruling from what I can tell. The ruling seems to state that you don't have a right to know precisely why they weren't admitted. Which isn't that great either!

But honestly, I'm not sure there is a right to have a non-citizen spouse admitted. Where is that right granted? It's certainly possible that congress passed a law establishing it, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it in a constitutional text. Could easily be talked out of this position though.

That said, I don't think the feds should be able to tell you to pound sand because you want to know why your husband wasn't granted a visa.
            Is that the case where the spouse was a criminal?

EOs existed before Chevron so I would assume there is something in place to keep them relevant.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              I'm telling you. They're dumping the reasonable ones now to butter us up for the destruction of EMTALA, the final nail in the Chevron coffin, a decision that "interfering with a government activity" (or however the plain text reads) doesn't actually mean that and wipe out hundreds of January 6th convictions, and finally an absurd baby-splitting decision that some Presidents have immunity, specifically former presidents currently on trial for insurrection and stealing classified documents.

EMTALA should be 9-0 and the decision should simply site the Supremacy Clause.
              Immunity should be 9-0 and should simply say "LOL GTFO, Traitor".

But they won't. Because at least 3, if not straight up 4, members of this SCOTUS are "conclusion first, reasoning whenever" *******s.
              Chevron is dead.

Immunity is likely going against Trump which is why it hasn't been announced yet. They are stalling as long as they can so the cases won't start before November.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Is that the case where the spouse was a criminal?

EOs existed before Chevron so I would assume there is something in place to keep them relevant.
                Maybe, but like, only based on vague tattoos. Not an actual record.
                Code:

Comment

Court has decided to take on case regarding health care for trans people

of course they are

Comment

of course they are
                    In a sane world, they'd do this so they can say "of course it's legal, you neanderthals". But we don't live in a sane world.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

of course they are
                      Seems it's specifically regarding state-level bans on gender-affirming care for trans minors.

Fingers crossed that Roberts and maybe Justice Handmaid will at least defer to privacy in medical decisionmaking when it's a birthed and living child. Not holding my breath for this court though.

Comment

You know how this will go. "I control-*** the constitution and didn't see the words "trans" or "gender" in it, so these laws are perfectly fine".
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Immunity is likely going against Trump which is why it hasn't been announced yet. They are stalling as long as they can so the cases won't start before November.
                          Yeah, doubtful it has anything to do with the fact that the case was just argued at the end of April.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Yeah, doubtful it has anything to do with the fact that the case was just argued at the end of April.
                            You do realize not all cases heard before the Court take extra long to get decisions from right?

But I am sure this decision is taking a lot of time because they need to look up a lot of precedent and Constitutional Language...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

How long did it take to get a decision in the Watergate case? I'll hang up and listen.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You do realize not all cases heard before the Court take extra long to get decisions from right?

But I am sure this decision is taking a lot of time because they need to look up a lot of precedent and Constitutional Language...
                                Extra long?

I have no idea as to the average length of time between oral argument and decision, but it certainly seems to me that it's longer than two months. I would think that's even more likely with a case where there is going to be a lot of attention drawn to it.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X