Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Barcelona eliminating all tourist apartment rentals in 2028- over 10k licenses will not be renewed

good. **** Airbnb and all those multi property owners

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Yeah like how he censored the Ted Cruz donor info
    Or the opposition during the (very close) Turkish election.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Yeah like how he censored the Ted Cruz donor info

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Elmo and Linda Yaccarino are at Cannes Lions this week, trying to walk back the "GFY" comment from last year and woo advertisers back to Xitter (national ad spending on Xitter is down 65% from May of last year). They are touting AI-enabled ad campaign targeting as a solution for advertisers concerned about their content appearing next to or near fascist content in people's feeds.

It's all a faux-pology though, as he has reiterated that he will not censor content advertisers find objectionable. No comment on the censorship of content Elmo and his mega-rich friends find objectionable.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    After he booked a flight on a 737 MAX 8?
    Damnit...well played!

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    https://www.threads.net/@forbes/post...sFbczyt_QHbrAg

I wonder how this guy will die unexpecunexpectedly
    After he booked a flight on a 737 MAX 8?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://www.threads.net/@forbes/post...sFbczyt_QHbrAg

Boeing allegedly hid faulty plane parts from federal regulators and then lost track of them, some of which may have been installed in new planes, according to a whistleblower complaint. Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tylerro...ampaign=forbes
    I wonder how this guy will die unexpecunexpectedly

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Weiss and Maher are similar in that both fall on the liberal end of the spectrum, but they discombobulate many liberals because of beliefs they might express on a single or handful of topics.

If someone like Maher or Weiss says, or writes, that Donald Trump is the greatest threat to Democracy seen to date, and the devil incarnate, but then the next day expresses the opinion Brett Kavanaugh is a perfectly fine choice for Supreme Court justice, some people can't wrap their minds around it. They'll say things like "Maher was fine, until ...." It's like Maher or Weiss had a conversion, or something, when in fact they might just have views on two subjects, one of which you completely agree with, and one of which you think is crazy.
    Not really. Maher even admits he is to the right of where Dems are...he just doesn't like being called a bougie centrist which he is. Where he runs afoul of most of us is his stance on Islam or how he thinks comedians get canceled. Even in the face of real facts he just doesn't budge. Oh and his Anti Doctor nonsense...but he always was that way it's why he thinks he is a libertarian.

He shows his true colors when he goes on shows like Megyn Kelly (who book him on his Woke stance) and he spends the while time saying the right wingers like her are nuts.

Bari Weiss is a sellout who holds her religion above the rights of others. She is no better than Christian Nationalists. She also realized she had little future in mainstream media so she embraced new media hoping (like Matt Taibbi) that she could find a niche there. She got in bed with clowns like Musk and then lost what little credibility she had with any liberals. Then she decided to go with the outrage machine instead to try and make money. She is just Russel Brand with less reach.

Very few expect agreement on alm issues, it's the issues you die on a hill for that define you though.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Yeah, no, that ain't it.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Bari Weiss was "ok" (on a steep curve) before the Pennsylvania Synagogue shooting. That was where she used to go (and I think she knew some of the victims) and she went off the reservation after that. Maher likes her because she plays into culture war crap (People Hate Me Cause They Are Woke!11!!1) and because she is super Pro-Israel and Islamophobic. You couldn't pay me to read her crap or listen to her lies. I am pretty sure she has been accused of flat out making quotes up in the past.
    Weiss and Maher are similar in that both fall on the liberal end of the spectrum, but they discombobulate many liberals because of beliefs they might express on a single or handful of topics.

If someone like Maher or Weiss says, or writes, that Donald Trump is the greatest threat to Democracy seen to date, and the devil incarnate, but then the next day expresses the opinion Brett Kavanaugh is a perfectly fine choice for Supreme Court justice, some people can't wrap their minds around it. They'll say things like "Maher was fine, until ...." It's like Maher or Weiss had a conversion, or something, when in fact they might just have views on two subjects, one of which you completely agree with, and one of which you think is crazy.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Maybe don't use youtube...good lord.
    Yeah, I mean, YouTube never claims to be something you use in case of an emergency.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Capitalism in one story.
    who the hell doesn’t know how to pull cpr nowadays

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Bari Weiss was "ok" (on a steep curve) before the Pennsylvania Synagogue shooting. That was where she used to go (and I think she knew some of the victims) and she went off the reservation after that. Maher likes her because she plays into culture war crap (People Hate Me Cause They Are Woke!11!!1) and because she is super Pro-Israel and Islamophobic. You couldn't pay me to read her crap or listen to her lies. I am pretty sure she has been accused of flat out making quotes up in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Capitalism in one story.
    Maybe don't use youtube...good lord.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

"University of Austin" or something like that? Yeah, same crowd.
    The fact that bill maher likes her about says it all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X