No announcement yet.

Business, Economics, and Taxes: Eat Cereal for Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the time hockey and basketball seasons start up a deal will be struck in some capacity. Its the playoffs so regional networks have less value. Plus, Peacock is bidding to take the NBA away from TNT so Comcast will be able to corner that market if they want. $2.8 billion...I figure we are a couple years away from Comcast/Universal going Di$ney on the bit and start canning everyone because ratings aren't good enough. If ESPN can't get good enough ratings no way NBC/Peacock will.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There's a smoking gun waiting to be found. That's 2 whistleblowers who have unexpectedly died.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...tems-has-died/
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That's the second one, isn't it?

I don't get down with conspiracy theories. Boeing and their suppliers employ an enormous amount of people. Sometimes people get sick and die for no "good" reason, even now (there's always a reason, but sometimes that reason is rather unsatisfying).

That said...
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I don't get down with conspiracy theories. Boeing and their suppliers employ an enormous amount of people. Sometimes people get sick and die for no "good" reason, even now (there's always a reason, but sometimes that reason is rather unsatisfying).

That said...
          Yeah....we just had a guy drop dead at his desk a few weeks ago. People on a telecon with him heard a loud thump as his head bounced off his keyboard, and by the time they got there to check on him, he was gone. Otherwise healthy 38-year-old father of 2. No rhyme or reason.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Woof, I'm sorry to hear that.

We've all known people that just up and died. Sudden heart attack. Aneurism. Infection they just couldn't kick. It sucks and it's heartbreaking. And it's likely what's going on with the two whistleblowers.

But all the same...
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Yeah....we just had a guy drop dead at his desk a few weeks ago. People on a telecon with him heard a loud thump as his head bounced off his keyboard, and by the time they got there to check on him, he was gone. Otherwise healthy 38-year-old father of 2. No rhyme or reason.
              It was the jab.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Well the first one committed suicide but also apparently told people if something happens he didn't kill himself...

I mean 99% it's suicide but...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Vaccinated? ;-D

Dammit, rufus beat me to it. That really sucks for the guy and his family though.

Comment

father of 2
                    One nearly killed me; I get it.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Nobody on this cruise will be anyone who anyone would ever want to see.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Lemme guess, the nude cruise out of Florida next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Lemme guess, the nude cruise out of Florida next year!
                          I don't know what the Caribbean did to deserve this.

Fig. 1 Old, fat, drunk, white people temporarily not in the Midwest.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• McDonald’s has noticed a drop in sales and particularly that people making under $45k are no longer buying their **** food.

i haven’t eaten at one in two decades but all I hear is how expensive it now is, and that many sit down restaurants are the same price.

more people need to stop buying this crap. These companies all put people over profit and they should suffer

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

That said...
                              I thought I heard this guy was battling an illness for a while
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                McDonald’s has noticed a drop in sales and particularly that people making under $45k are no longer buying their **** food.

i haven’t eaten at one in two decades but all I hear is how expensive it now is, and that many sit down restaurants are the same price.

more people need to stop buying this crap. These companies all put people over profit and they should suffer
                                I'd be curious if that's more because they can't afford it or the fact that the wages of the bottom quartile have outpaced inflation and that 45k number doesn't represent the same population size anymore. In other words, can the people previously in that bucket now afford something else?

will be interesting if this is also something that impacts YUM, etc.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X