Business, Economics, and Taxes: Eat Cereal for Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Tesla recalls the Cybertruck for faulty accelerator pedals that can get stuck

how it started / how it's going:

Basically the Cybertruck is like a Gremlin:

1. Don't expose them to bright light 2. Never get them wet 3. Never feed them after midnight.

Or it's like Happy Fun Ball.

AMC made a car called a gremlin
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think that's because the EPA put out new guidelines that lowered the allowable level of contamination in the water. The actual amount of PFAS and the concentration gradient hasn't changed. The only thing that would change that is if the plume changes, but that's not a change in how bad the damage is.

As far as I've heard. it's certainly possible I missed something. But I would have expected to hear about it.
      Ok, then it’s still worse than originally believed. That matters to me and I’m guessing the people who live in that area. I don’t really care if 3M hasn’t done an additional dump of poison into the area- if we’ve learned what’s worse for our health, it’s worse.

in speaking of behemoth twins cities companies, the fortune 5 across town - who is more evil than 3M could dream of being- laid off thousands again. And again it’s not in the news

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The VW plant on voting for unionization: 75% Yes.
        Fantastic!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Break The Chains!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Well, I just lost a bet for a bottle of scotch. Tesla’s P/E all the way down to 33, just like all the other normal, healthy, well-run companies.

Who could have guessed?
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Well, I just lost a bet for a bottle of scotch. Tesla’s P/E all the way down to 33, just like all the other normal, healthy, well-run companies.

Who could have guessed?
              That must have been a delightful earnings call.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's gonna be something when Tesla experiences their Phoenix moment at some point down the road.

It almost makes me wonder if it's worth buying in a small amount here as things crater out. I admit that I'm not a business person and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but doesn't all this pivot in a positive direction once the Clown Price steps away? (And yes, I realize there is probably a solid chance that never happens, but I have to figure that there is some hostility among the people towards the top that Elon is just sh*tting all over their life's work/top achievements).
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Right now, Elmo is likely busy working with his lawyers to figure out how he can re-define the job duties of all of his senior engineers to include "policy-making", or whatever fits the exemption for senior execs in the new NCA rule.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    It's gonna be something when Tesla experiences their Phoenix moment at some point down the road.

It almost makes me wonder if it's worth buying in a small amount here as things crater out. I admit that I'm not a business person and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but doesn't all this pivot in a positive direction once the Clown Price steps away? (And yes, I realize there is probably a solid chance that never happens, but I have to figure that there is some hostility among the people towards the top that Elon is just sh*tting all over their life's work/top achievements).
                    Stay as far away from Tesla (short or long) as you can. It's a stock that doesn't behave like one because it's a stock in name only. You are significantly better off putting that money in FXAIX or VTSAX and getting a 90% chance at 7% annual return every year than a 50:50 shot at half or doubling assuming you time it right.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You are significantly better off putting that money in FXAIX or VTSAX and getting a 90% chance at 7% annual return every year than a 50:50 shot at half or doubling assuming you time it right.
                      LOL. I own both of those ;-)

Edit: In different accounts from different broker folks.

Comment

If Tesla bottoms out I could see picking some up cause there is little risk then...but honestly that could take a while and then you pray Elmo is forced to sell. (He won't be)

You would have been better off buying Trump stock...that pump and dump could have made you bank if you timed it right.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          If Tesla bottoms out I could see picking some up cause there is little risk then...but honestly that could take a while and then you pray Elmo is forced to sell. (He won't be)

You would have been better off buying Trump stock...that pump and dump could have made you bank if you timed it right.
                          The problem is with defining "bottom" for that company. When the market cap reaches tangible assets? A P/E in line with the big three? Some mystery valuation based on AI potential? Chapter 11? Chapter 13?

You can't know where bottom is.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The problem is with defining "bottom" for that company. When the market cap reaches tangible assets? A P/E in line with the big three? Some mystery valuation based on AI potential? Chapter 11? Chapter 13?

Yeah...maybe wait until sale rumors petcolate. But that could be years.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Same as Twitter. Bottom is when Musk sells it.
                              Cornell University

Comment

You are significantly better off putting that money in FXAIX or VTSAX and getting a 90% chance at 7% annual return every year
                                FSKAX here. Because all of us are smarter than one of us, particularly when the one of us is I.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X