• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Tesla recalling all cyber trucks for faulty windshield wiper motor
    *note- barely come to this thread, so this is just a random jump in....

The key fault with the wiper motor isn't a fire (which IS really freaking serious, BTW), it's that you can't see in the rain. Which can easily cause an accident.

Nice to see them actually recall a fault- since most OEM's have to do it all the time for just potential faults. Scary possible faults, mind you- anything that can result in an accident or fire will always result in a recall no matter how minor or low the possibility is.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Is this like "The Freedom Phone" that every Right Wing Influencer was hocking...on their Iphones?

We are probably a month a way from finding out this is bottled at the same plant Aquafina is. I do love that it supposedly clears your chakras...I didn't realize New Age was Anti-Woke. Maybe Marianne Williamson should run as a Republican
    Aquafina... nah. It'll be repackaged Dasani.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

My wife’s old car caught on fire because of a faulty windshield wiper motor so it is actually a really big deal. It wasn’t a Tesla.
    Is the wiper motor located in the engine? I can see how that would be a serious issue. I always assumed they were tiny little things in the linkage.

Note: I have the practical vehicular engineering knowledge of a not particularly bright tree sloth.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    My wife’s old car caught on fire because of a faulty windshield wiper motor so it is actually a really big deal. It wasn’t a Tesla.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Is this like "The Freedom Phone" that every Right Wing Influencer was hocking...on their Iphones?
    They're still selling it for the bargain price of $499. My favorite part is that, in addition to coming pre-loaded with RWNJ social media/"news" apps, their app store is supposedly 'uncensored', which I take to mean that anyone can publish any app to it, including malware.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

Again I don't think you get the point of the video...
    I absolutely do.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I love the smell of Desperation in the morning. Now introducing "anti-woke" water, priced at $21 for a small pack.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2564039.html

We are probably a month a way from finding out this is bottled at the same plant Aquafina is. I do love that it supposedly clears your chakras...I didn't realize New Age was Anti-Woke. Maybe Marianne Williamson should run as a Republican

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Again, I'm perfectly happy to point out the staggering stupidity that is the CT, but this specific video was straight-up taken by the endless number of "OMG EVs R STUPID LOLZ!!11!1" garbage. It used the two points the mutants constantly bring up - "it isn't cheaper" and "it takes forever to charge".

A properly working Tesla supercharger should have that up to the 80% threshold in like a half hour. Yes, that is more than the 120 seconds it takes to fill a gas tank, but not 90 minutes.

Most EV owners charge at home, where electricity is far cheaper, and where the speed of charging matters little.
    Again I don't think you get the point of the video...

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I love the smell of Desperation in the morning. Now introducing "anti-woke" water, priced at $21 for a small pack.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2564039.html

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Weird, can’t imagine why ceos aren’t excited for tariffs on everything
    OTOH, the conservatives' "loot the public treasury and give it to rich donors" has never failed yet.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Again, I'm perfectly happy to point out the staggering stupidity that is the CT, but this specific video was straight-up taken by the endless number of "OMG EVs R STUPID LOLZ!!11!1" garbage. It used the two points the mutants constantly bring up - "it isn't cheaper" and "it takes forever to charge".

A properly working Tesla supercharger should have that up to the 80% threshold in like a half hour. Yes, that is more than the 120 seconds it takes to fill a gas tank, but not 90 minutes.

Most EV owners charge at home, where electricity is far cheaper, and where the speed of charging matters little.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

This is dumb. Charging on a slower charger, during the day where electricity costs the most. And how much would an ICE truck cost to fill up from empty?

F the cyber truck, but these "OH MY GOD IT ISN'T FREE AND INSTANTANEOUS" nonsense videos are stupid.
    That isn't what the video is saying, it is a direct answer to the guy who said how convenient and inexpensive it seemed to drive his cybertruck and she was showing she could fill up her van faster, spend less and get better mileage in her grocery getter. The point isn't that it isn't free or fast charging, it is that these (paid) videos that are pimping all of the perks are fraudulent. If "The Future" is worse in every way why spend the money?

See, ever since the CT basically tanked and it became a joke to everyone Musk has been paying influencers to put out these types of videos to offset all of the bad videos out there. They are always way over the top much like that clown. This response is just trying to show how absurd they are. When someone is dancing a jig because their car charges in 1.5 hours and costs about $70 to fill and gets 300 miles per charge it makes sense to show you can do better than all of that now and save yourself the headaches and a whole lot of cash.

I agree, actual videos that whine it isn't free and fast are stupid. No one with an IQ over 15 thinks that is how it works or at least they shouldn't. This video though is more showing the absurdity of some of the claims. Like her last video mocking the lady who says the car is great because of the hidden drawers (glove compartment) and space to put your purse. (on the floor) In a world where nimrods are influenced by stupid videos on an app, it is best to fight fire with fire.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

There's a follow up video:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNN2mxwY/
    This is dumb. Charging on a slower charger, during the day where electricity costs the most. And how much would an ICE truck cost to fill up from empty?

F the cyber truck, but these "OH MY GOD IT ISN'T FREE AND INSTANTANEOUS" nonsense videos are stupid.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Weird, can’t imagine why ceos aren’t excited for tariffs on everything
    Nor are they excited for Trump to cut off the supply of immigrant grunt labor many of them crave to keep wages low and profits high.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X