X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    IRS, thanks to the increased staffing and enforcement budgets from the Biden admin, has collected over $1 billion since October in past due taxes from wealthy and corporate cheats.

Thanks Joe, you senile, dementia-ridden old ****.
    Explains the coordinated attack

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    IRS, thanks to the increased staffing and enforcement budgets from the Biden admin, has collected over $1 billion since October in past due taxes from wealthy and corporate cheats.

Thanks Joe, you senile, dementia-ridden old ****.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Powell says today “the labor market appears to be fully back in balance.”

sure. I’m sure companies will slow down the layoffs now
    Meaning....they don't have to offer ungodly wages to attract new employees?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Powell says today “the labor market appears to be fully back in balance.”

sure. I’m sure companies will slow down the layoffs now

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Article on the Boeing deal with the Department of Justice. Nice quote: “This airplane was designed by clowns, who in turn are supervised by monkeys.”

https://open.substack.com/pub/bariwe...ndroid&r=fxy5t

Leave a comment:

• alicestevens
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

My wife’s old car caught on fire because of a faulty windshield wiper motor so it is actually a really big deal. It wasn’t a Tesla.
    What did the insurance company say about it? I'm planning to talk to ACT Insurance customer service later today and will definitely ask for their opinion about the case. It's crucial to spend some time choosing the right insurance company, don't you think? There are so many factors to consider, and getting professional advice can make all the difference in finding a policy that truly meets your needs. Ensuring you have the right coverage and support is essential, especially in complex situations.
    Last edited by alicestevens; Yesterday, 03:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Corporations do enjoy cutting off their nose to spite their face...

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Some chatter picking up now as the number of people unemployed 27 weeks or more really spiked.

despite all the celebrating about jobs and the economy, it’s not telling the whole picture. No one will weep for educated white collar workers like myself unable to get a job, but the effects will continue to spread and have downstream effects

corporations are achieving exactly what they wanted by the layoffs. They are grabbing the power back after the great resignation because we can’t let the people have some progress

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The mean home price in Manhattan is two point seven million dollars.

Median is only one million.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I watched this and suddenly Youtube is suggestion a zillion "Why I left <big channel>" videos. A quick google search of some of them reveals that it's almost entirely people fleeing small media companies that sold to PE within the last 5-10 years. This guy does a pretty good job of explaining what seems to be happening all over: PE company sees the success and wants to buy it, so they do. They have absolutely no idea what led to the success and don't really care. But they begin "cutting redundancies" and trying to make it more efficient and lean. Creatives get annoyed and leave, and the result is a hollowed out shell. Sometimes the result is Deadspin. But in almost all cases, it's bad.

Late stage capitalism is a bunch of fun.
    TBF, the last stage in this specific situation is “creative leaves to stream on Twitch or start own YouTube channel (or both) and immediately becomes successful (or at least popular enough to make a decent living).”

Granted, when your wellbeing is dependent on the whims of fickle people and the generosity of Amazon and Google, it’s not all that great.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Private equity’s latest victims: Popular YouTube channels.
    I watched this and suddenly Youtube is suggestion a zillion "Why I left <big channel>" videos. A quick google search of some of them reveals that it's almost entirely people fleeing small media companies that sold to PE within the last 5-10 years. This guy does a pretty good job of explaining what seems to be happening all over: PE company sees the success and wants to buy it, so they do. They have absolutely no idea what led to the success and don't really care. But they begin "cutting redundancies" and trying to make it more efficient and lean. Creatives get annoyed and leave, and the result is a hollowed out shell. Sometimes the result is Deadspin. But in almost all cases, it's bad.

Late stage capitalism is a bunch of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Private equity’s latest victims: Popular YouTube channels.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    This was the right move. Visa and MC need to take it up the *** for their practices.

Judge rejects $30B Visa, Mastercard ‘swipe fee’ settlement

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Tesla recalling all cyber trucks for faulty windshield wiper motor
    I thought I heard that it could stop for 30 seconds to make the CT more aerodynamic.

LIKE WHAT THE ****

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Aquafina... nah. It'll be repackaged Dasani.
    Doesn't Coke own Dasani? They would sue

Leave a comment:

Working...
X