Business, Economics, and Taxes: Eat Cereal for Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I can’t remember where I saw it to link it, but there was a graph of McDonald’s menu items and pretty much everything had doubled or more since 2013.

McChicken used to be a 1.00 item, now it’s 3.00. A quarter pounder meal went from 5.50 to 12.00.

But the most egregious has to be the hash brown. In some markets it’s three dollars.
    Yeah, but it was pointed out that those were cherry picked as the items with the largest jumps and might not have been representative of overall costs. One person I follow even pointed out that the total menu costs have been very much in line with food costs overall.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      In different news:

40K and rising, and under Joe Biden's watch too!!
      Wait, Palestinian deaths or the Dow?
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Wait, Palestinian deaths or the Dow?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Listening to the beebs and heard Singapore airlines, off record profits, is paying all employees a bonus of 8 months salary
          Based on those ads I'm sure mookie's okay with that.

Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            In different news:

40K and rising, and under Joe Biden's watch too!!
            I mean, my retirement accounts are looking pretty great, but I was already doing better than most of my peers. Who'd have thought one of Senile Hitler's dire predictions about a Biden presidency would be wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I mean, my retirement accounts are looking pretty great, but I was already doing better than most of my peers. Who'd have thought one of Senile Hitler's dire predictions about a Biden presidency would be wrong?
              We could have had taco trucks on every corner with a Hillary election too. *wipes tear*
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Speaking of "my accounts are doing great", in December of 2019 I rebalanced my 403(b) into medical technology, devices, software, analytics, etc. Fast forward 4 months, and the market did a nose dive everywhere, except... medical technology, devices, software, analytics...

Yeah I made out pretty well!
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Insider trader! Haha!
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I totally agree, prices are through the roof these days. Speaking of which, I've been looking into diversifying my investments and came across The Hartford Gold Group. They have some solid reviews and seem like a trustworthy option for precious metals.
                    Last edited by tyrone; 05-21-2024, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• How does a social media company with almost no users manage to spend $327M in a quarter?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        How does a social media company with almost no users manage to spend $327M in a quarter?
                        A single catering invoice to DJT Catering Inc for services rendered

Why yes, it is a coincidence that this is roughly equivalent to what trump owes in lawsuits.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

A single catering invoice to DJT Catering Inc for services rendered

Why yes, it is a coincidence that this is roughly equivalent to what trump owes in lawsuits.
                          You don't think...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• They must make some hella good fried chicken!
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              They must make some hella good fried chicken!
                              They cook something!
                              Code:

Comment

• Not Boeings fault- but that flight today where a man died and many more injured from turbulence was a Boeing. Just feels like every incident with an aircraft recently has been Boeing.

clear air turbulence is on the rise. From nbc:

“Nelson and a group of researchers say such incidents of clear-air turbulence — which is difficult to forecast and avoid because it is not associated with storms — are on the rise due to climate change.

A 2023 study published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters found that severe clear-air turbulence increased by more than 50% over the North Atlantic Ocean from 1979 to 2020.

The uptick in turbulence likely owes to the effect of climate change on wind speeds in the upper levels of the atmosphere, the researchers found. Some of the most pronounced increases in clear-air turbulence in recent decades were over mid-latitude regions, including over the North Atlantic and flight routes over the United States, according to the study.”

Comment

Working...
                                X