• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    The first one's actually true.
    The second is just fodder for people like you.

Hiring a higher profile coach could actually raise the stature of the job all it takes is one coach to actually take a chance and go sure I'll do it. Klopp would have been wonderful but he was a pipe dream because he's stepping away from managing... it's why he left Liverpool. But it doesn't mean you stop going after people who maybe considered reaching for the stars hires

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    The first one's actually true.
    The second is just fodder for people like you.

Hiring a higher profile coach could actually raise the stature of the job all it takes is one coach to actually take a chance and go sure I'll do it. Klopp would have been wonderful but he was a pipe dream because he's stepping away from managing... it's why he left Liverpool. But it doesn't mean you stop going after people who maybe considered reaching for the stars hires

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Echoing a Reddit comment, it’s good for US Soccer to publicly ask candidates like Klopp because

a) it never hurts to ask

b) when the offers are quickly rejected like this it helps to show the delusional portion of the fanbase (and media, looking at you ESPN) where the stature of the job actually lies.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Pep Guardiola.
    Carlo Ancelotti.

Either of them will be eager to work with a powerhouse like the USMNT!
    The powers that be at US Soccer have no ambition if they don’t hire Pep!

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    And Klopp has already turned down US Soccer.

Time to see which unrealistic candidate the insanos on Twitter and r/ussoccer will settle on next. Zidane would be my bet. And then they’ll be out with the torches and pitchforks again when Cherundolo is inevitably hired.
    Pep Guardiola.
    Carlo Ancelotti.

Either of them will be eager to work with a powerhouse like the USMNT!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    And Klopp has already turned down US Soccer.

Time to see which unrealistic candidate the insanos on Twitter and r/ussoccer will settle on next. Zidane would be my bet. And then they’ll be out with the torches and pitchforks again when Cherundolo is inevitably hired.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    And then Uruguay players climbed into stands and started fighting fans??
    Apparently some inebriated Colombia fans started going after family members of Uruguay players, including elderly parents and at least two newborn babies. Will be interesting to see what the fallout is. One Uruguay player came just short of calling for Colombian fans to be cut off from alcohol - no way in hell that happens.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    And then Uruguay players climbed into stands and started fighting fans??

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Colombia beats Uruguay playing a man down the entire second half. Final was 1-0 but the last ten minutes it could have easily been 4-0. Colombia missed three wide open shots with Uruguay having to play aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    ESPN is reporting that Gregg Berhalter is out as USMNT coach.
    Confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    ESPN is reporting that Gregg Berhalter is out as USMNT coach.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Sigh. Guess I’m cheering for England
    I'm there too.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Sigh. Guess I’m cheering for England

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Early scoring by both teams here in the euro semi

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Must be nice to have money to throw away.

Argentina took a shot at music artist Drake after the Canadian lost $300,000 on a bet his country would beat the defending champions in Tuesday's Copa America semifinal, using rap rival Kendrick Lamar's song to send him a message.
    The World Cup winners responded to Drake's post with a photo accompanied by the caption: "Not like us," the title of a 'diss' track released by Lamar in May which criticised the Canadian artist and which has been streamed nearly half a billion times on Spotify.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X