Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    According to Univision, not enough security to prevent fans from rushing the field. Fun.

CONMEBOL being cheap...

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Also, Univision isn’t saying that the game will be canceled.
    Might've just been the Mexican broadcast then. Rumors are definitely flying. Going to be a ****show once the match starts as well, fighting in the stands guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Also, Univision isn’t saying that the game will be canceled.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Univision is now hearing 9:15 if it starts.

As well as team family members with tickets not getting in.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Also, couldn't have happened to a nicer stadium owner in Stephen Ross aka Mr. I want to host La Liga games in Miami. **** that guy.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

So is that why nobody in South America is hosting this tournament? I get having in the US as a novelty a few years ago, but this should be in South America since it’s their tournament. The US is just invited.

lots of mad people with tickets are not getting in. Should be a fun aftermath.
    Fox is sitting on info apparently, according to the Mexican broadcast and Univision the stadium is way overcapacity and the Miami Fire Department is considering canceling the whole shebang.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

I learned a long time ago that I'm not worthy to be a fan, because I also wanted to make the MLS more serious. Don't worry, the MLS won't miss you, apparently.
    Oh I enjoy watching it when I can (don't have Apple) but I also understand how it's perceived worldwide and that needs to change.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Again, any issues are on CONMEBOL and them wanting to do everything themselves, including field installations, despite others having plenty of (and better) knowledge of installing the fields in these stadiums.

US Soccer and FIFA have already planned out to install the grass fields months before the World Cup (like February/March) and are requiring stadiums to make modifications to allow wider fields.
    So is that why nobody in South America is hosting this tournament? I get having in the US as a novelty a few years ago, but this should be in South America since it’s their tournament. The US is just invited.

lots of mad people with tickets are not getting in. Should be a fun aftermath.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Switched over to see if there are pics, and saw a different controversy- the pitch. It looks like carpet, but it’s really tight cut grass that was recently put in. Saw that there have been a few complaints of surface conditions during this tournament. Atlanta, Dallas, and Miami have had issues with the pitch.

Hope that all gets worked out in two years.
    Again, any issues are on CONMEBOL and them wanting to do everything themselves, including field installations, despite others having plenty of (and better) knowledge of installing the fields in these stadiums.

US Soccer and FIFA have already planned out to install the grass fields months before the World Cup (like February/March) and are requiring stadiums to make modifications to allow wider fields.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Seems like a bunch of Colombia fans stormed the gates at the Copa America final and have had the place on lockdown since. So your $3000 ticket won't get you to your seat until kickoff, lol.
    Kick off is being pushed back by at least a half hour, probably an hour at this rate.

This whole tournament feels like a concerted effort by CONMEBOL (the ones actually organizing everything) to make everything soccer in the US look bad (not just US Soccer, but the stadiums and cities as well).

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Seems like a bunch of Colombia fans stormed the gates at the Copa America final and have had the place on lockdown since. So your $3000 ticket won't get you to your seat until kickoff, lol.
    Switched over to see if there are pics, and saw a different controversy- the pitch. It looks like carpet, but it’s really tight cut grass that was recently put in. Saw that there have been a few complaints of surface conditions during this tournament. Atlanta, Dallas, and Miami have had issues with the pitch.

Hope that all gets worked out in two years.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Big day for Spain with alcaraz and then euros
    Just saw Spain win SailGP in SF, taking the season championship with it. And they mentioned Garcia won a golf tournament today. Very good day to be from Spain.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Big day for Spain with alcaraz and then euros

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Spain become the first to win the tournament four times.

Spain's men's team are European champions and the women are the World Cup champions. Not a bad 12 months for Spain.
    Not over yet. Spain have to be pretty good favorites for both Olympic tournaments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X