Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    So apparently Spain’s manager Luis de la Fuente is interested in the USMNT job.

It’s normally one that seems preposterous, Euro winning manager suddenly jumps to the US? And it kind of is, de la Fuente apparently only makes €600k a year in Spain so it’s clearly a leverage ploy. But even if it is a leverage ploy, it’s still worth pursuing.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I knew that was going to happen, but the delay to get it started was really long. Like this will end up being 30 min instead of the extended 25 min.
    Just saw some news that the show was shorted by about 10min. Didn't say why, but it was shortened.

If I were FIFA, and saw how lethargic the teams came out after half time, I would never, ever even entertain the thought to expand the half time by even a min. Seems that the extra time tightened both teams up, and made them more likely to get small injuries (or make real ones worse). Although that could also be the surface.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    That should win it.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    They will play extra time tonight if it's tied, unlike the other rounds that went straight to penalties.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Well there goes Inter Miami’s Supporters Shield hopes…

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

I knew that was going to happen, but the delay to get it started was really long. Like this will end up being 30 min instead of the extended 25 min.
    Be interesting if FIFA raises a stink over the extended halftime. FIFA and IFAB have been pretty adamant over the years about halftime being a maximum of 15 minutes, even denying a German proposal to extend it to 20 minutes to increase beer sales.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Shakira halftime show.

Never forget that Gerard Pique cheated on this woman.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Something is up with this halftime show. It’s been constant ads for 10 min on Univision.
    Shakira halftime show.

Never forget that Gerard Pique cheated on this woman.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Something is up with this halftime show. It’s been constant ads for 10 min on Univision.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I'm just amazed that people had the balls to just show up without tickets and have the balls to just rush the gates, climb through ventilation ducts, etc.

Like, that idea just doesn't cross the mind of an American sports fan. Even in Hillbilly Land when you have something like #1 Alabama vs #2 Auburn or whatever equivalent you want to use.
    At first I thought if the Iron Bowl were held every four years, and then this year they decided to play it in London, and for some reason there was a huge Alabama diaspora in London, then it could happen. But after thinking about it more, probably not. There just seems to be a different mindset when it comes to soccer fandom. The most you get at football games are videos of one or two drunk fans fighting, and sometimes that's even between fans of the same team. But there have been videos almost daily coming out of Europe of huge groups of people in the streets attacking other fans who were just minding their own business pregaming at a bar.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I'm just amazed that people had the balls to just show up without tickets and have the balls to just rush the gates, climb through ventilation ducts, etc.

Like, that idea just doesn't cross the mind of an American sports fan. Even in Hillbilly Land when you have something like #1 Alabama vs #2 Auburn or whatever equivalent you want to use.
    There were thousands of Colombians marching down an Interstate last night in Florida. It’s a weird mindset.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    MVP of the tournament is whatever company makes the tape that keeps the headset attached to the referees' faces. That stuff stays no matter the temp/humidity/rain.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

The bill they are going to get from the Miami PD will be pretty high seeing all of those lights outside the stadium.
    Hopefully with a similarly high fine as well.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    According to Univision, not enough security to prevent fans from rushing the field. Fun.

CONMEBOL being cheap...
    The bill they are going to get from the Miami PD will be pretty high seeing all of those lights outside the stadium.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X