X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not these guys again.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A last name nor even a mother could love.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        As more rich idiots buy football clubs and fail miserably on the pitch it is going to become more evident that what Ryan and Rob have done at Wrexham is special. They bought the club, hired football experts and left them to do their jobs. Unlike at Chelsea, where the new owner asked then-coach Tuchel why he didn't play a 4-4-3 formation. Or any of the clubs that have been or are facing administration or outright expulsion from the EFL over finances.

Since the pair took over at Wrexham the value of the club has increased 4x, the attendance has increased such that they have had to expand the stadium, the men's and women's teams have (or are scheduled) to complete lucrative American tour dates and the Town of Wrexham became the City of Wrexham because of population and economic growth, due in large part to the football club. Oh, they just achieved back-to-back promotions and will be in League One next season. But as has been observed by long time fans, this isn't new. Wrexham were a League One side before and only dropped because of horrible ownership.

Comment

Well now I kind of want Mark Zuckerberg to buy a better club and constantly beat them.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Aston Villa make the semifinals of a European competition for the first time since 1982 with a 4-3 win in penalty kicks. Both legs finished 2-1 to the home team for a 3-3 aggregate.

Martinez made two saves in the shootout but probably shouldn't have been in the game. He received a yellow for time wasting in the first half of regulation and was daring the referee to produce a second yellow in extra time. It was so bad even his own teammates were telling him to get on with it.

Then during the shootout he should have been carded again. The referee walked towards Martinez and took out his yellow but a Villa player sprinted to the referee and intervened. The ref put the card back in his pocket, scolded Martinez and walked back to his position beside the penalty spot. I'll be very interested in hearing any post-match comments about the situation.

Comment

warnings and cautions issued to players and team officials during the match are not carried forward into penalties (penalty shoot-out).
              Law 10, Determining the outcome of a match.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Law 10, Determining the outcome of a match.

​​​​​I just saw a replay and the referee shows Martinez the card straight away, then walked forward to scold him. Neither I nor the announcer (who I think was in a studio, not the stadium) saw that live and there was no color commentator.
                Last edited by ticapnews; 04-18-2024, 06:03 PM.

Comment

The Liverpool players do realize they need two goals in 10 minutes, right? There isn't exactly a sense of urgency in their play.

Comment

https://youtu.be/YlzYl900y0g?si=SkSyOwhKlPqhTDjS

Glad I wasn't the only one confused by what happened yesterday. The reaction in Sky Sports studios show even the pundits didn't know.

UEFA have announced that even though Martinez avoided a sending off, he will be suspended for leg 1 of the semifinals against Olympiacos.

Comment

Looks like La Liga is anticipating playing league matches in the US. Are you ready America for exciting matches like Barcelona vs Alaves or Atletico Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano?!? Does Real Madrid vs Getafe excite you?!? Because that’s what you’re probably getting.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Some fun news from the lower parts of European soccer:

Gateshead of England’s fifth tier National League were excluded from the promotion playoffs because they did meet requirements for EFL membership, namely they don’t have a long term lease for their stadium. Sporting merit!

In the Netherlands and the Eredivisie, Vitesse sits bottom of the table with -1 points after an 18 point deduction because of financial irregularities. Those financial irregularities? The club was apparently being secretly controlled by Roman Abramovich.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Looks like La Liga is anticipating playing league matches in the US. Are you ready America for exciting matches like Barcelona vs Alaves or Atletico Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano?!? Does Real Madrid vs Getafe excite you?!? Because that’s what you’re probably getting.
                          Prem can't be far behind.

That's a helluva gimmick TBH.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Prem can't be far behind.

That's a helluva gimmick TBH.
                            Prem would probably like to but I imagine the backlash would be too severe. Look at what happened with the Super League. And that’s without mentioning what the FA would think (especially considering that the FA does have some real power in England compared to the none the USSF has).
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

This got lost in the Great Server Crapout but, Sergino Dest tore his ACL and will be out for the rest of 2024 including Copa America.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I hadn't seen the EPL tables this year. Very happy to see:

1) Fulham far from the drop Zone
                                2) A 3-way fight for the title
                                3) Villa back as a good side where they belong

Now we just need to resuscitate Sunderland.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 04-27-2024, 02:56 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X