X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The home team ties up Switzerland in extra time

whew

Comment

• USMNT up 2-0 on Bolivia at halftime, we now go to back to the Fox Sports studio so we can see how Lalas and Lloyd will turn this into a negative…
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• USMNT wins 2-0 to start off Copa America.

I'm sure this will be spun as something bad for Gregg Berhalter.

And Joe Biden.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          USMNT wins 2-0 to start off Copa America.

I'm sure this will be spun as something bad for Gregg Berhalter.

And Joe Biden.
          Nothing bad, but I would have even more confidence going forward if they had buried 2-3 more of their great setups in the 2nd half. The finishing is still just not quite world class.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Nothing bad, but I would have even more confidence going forward if they had buried 2-3 more of their great setups in the 2nd half. The finishing is still just not quite world class.
            All of the other matches have also been pretty tight, so despite the lack of finishing it really wasn't a harm.

Because of the draw and Brazil and Colombia being in the same group, there's not really a huge difference in advancing as first or second. Beat Panama on Thursday to secure advancement then throw on the backups against Uruguay.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• 15 years ago today, the USMNT ended a 35 match unbeaten streak.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• And then blew a 2-0 lead at the half (with one of the best counterattack goals I've ever seen to make it 2-0) against Brazil in the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

And then blew a 2-0 lead at the half (with one of the best counterattack goals I've ever seen to make it 2-0) against Brazil in the final.
                  Yeah, that one still hurts a little bit.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Brazil and Costa Rica tie 0-0.

There might actually be a reason for the USMNT to try to win their group.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• For those curious, CONMEBOL posts videos of VAR decisions on their website.

Also, since the referee decision announcements are being made in Spanish here’s a quick guide from someone who doesn’t speak Spanish but at least knows the important phrases:

Goal/No Goal is the same though it’s spelled gol.

Offside is fuera de juego.

Foul is falta.

Handball is infraccion por mano.

Red card is tarjeta roja.

Penalty kick is penal.

Free kick is tiro libre.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Slovakia (Romania) and Czechia (Turkiye) need some Slavic magic tomorrow.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Group E, for Eastern Europe, has been a lot of fun.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Alex Morgan left off USWNT Olympic roster.

The last of the superstars is gone. I’m sure NBC is thrilled.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Alex Morgan left off USWNT Olympic roster.

The last of the superstars is gone. I’m sure NBC is thrilled.
                              On the other hand, nice to see a coach have the balls to leave an elder behind and get the youth some experience. Something that has plagued that team for ages

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

On the other hand, nice to see a coach have the balls to leave an elder behind and get the youth some experience. Something that has plagued that team for ages
                                Yeah, finally. Morgan has zero goals this season in the NWSL and should be nowhere near the roster. If there was any doubt about Hayes having full control of the roster, this should put those to rest.

I'm sure the Twitter stans are up in arms though.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X