Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Did the batter attempt to hit the ball?

That's literally all the rulebook says on the matter. Nothing on crossing the plate. Nothing on "breaking the wrist". Nothing on coming across the front hip.

Don't move the bat off your shoulder if you don't want risk having a strike called. **shrug**
    Counter point: it was Angel Hernandez. So the call is automatically presumed wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Counter point: it was Angel Hernandez. So the call is automatically presumed wrong.
      Just fire him.

let him sue and when he wins pay the settlement and reinstate.
      then fire again.

wash, rinse, repeat.

its only money
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Not a Jason Benetti fan? Tigers broadcasts are infinitely better now compared to last year.
        As a White Sox fan (yes, I know that in the seventh inning of last nights 10-1 loss to the Royals my team was mathematically eliminated from post season play) I know there are two Jason Benetti's. There's the Jason Benetti who does tons of ESPN pro and college football, pro and college basketball and for these games he is a fantastic, world class broadcaster. Then there was the Sox Jason Benetti. Good lord, you're telling me this is the same guy? You're making me listen to this crap at the same time you're making me watch this crap on the field? *** Jerry? Why couldn't we have ESPN Jason do the flippin' Sox games? I was not sad to see him leave for Detroit.

Comment

The A's will simply be known as the A's while in Sacramento.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Did the batter attempt to hit the ball?

That's literally all the rulebook says on the matter. Nothing on crossing the plate. Nothing on "breaking the wrist". Nothing on coming across the front hip.

Don't move the bat off your shoulder if you don't want risk having a strike called. **shrug**
            I get what the rule says, but I don’t think any reasonable person looks at that and says he’s making an attempt on the ball.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              The A's will simply be known as the A's while in Sacramento.
              Yet they filed for trademarks for the Sacramento Athletics. To keep a trademark you have to actually use it, so there will be some Sac A’s stuff, unless they’re there such a short period of time they can get by without having to use it.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Just fire him.

let him sue and when he wins pay the settlement and reinstate.
                then fire again.

wash, rinse, repeat.

its only money
                Fire him. If the umps want to go to bat for him, robo ump the strike zone and find scabs* with video review for the rest

*probably the only time I'll advocate for busting a union: if they try to protect angel hernandez, the worst ump maybe ever, that's my line.

edit: he makes the product worse and negatively affects the outcomes of games. It would be like a math teacher telling kids 1+1=blue. Just fire his ***. For cause.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I get what the rule says, but I don’t think any reasonable person looks at that and says he’s making an attempt on the ball.
                  He made an attempt to swing. Then, realizing it's coming at him, tenses up and turns the entire upper body while throwing the brakes on his swing.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm surprised the Blue Jays were allowed to have one giant LED ad board behind the plate with the renovation. Seems like you'd at least want a patch of wall behind the plate as a reverse batter's eye for fielders.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

the game tonight was fun.

long…. But certainly interesting

they had a kid throw out the first pitch. Younger boy. He went to the rubber and threw it. This was a home swallows game and a giant got in the box and swung at it (the kid tossed a strike. Nice touch.

the chanting was consistent and cool.

there were cheerleaders.. a nice surprise for mookie.

no ball stays in for more than one batter unless it’s a K. They toss them to the ballboy outside the dugouts, who bow Japanese style to say thanks

beer girls walk the stands with a keg on their back, pouring drafts. They serve through game end. And they have cute outfits with skirts and knee high socks.

Mookie reads the stadium is from 1926, all one deck like Fenway.

they have dominos pizza as a concession. That’s not cool. Hot dogs on a stick. Cone of fries. Saw but didn’t order anything.

Comment

the game tonight was fun.

long…. But certainly interesting

they had a kid throw out the first pitch. Younger boy. He went to the rubber and threw it. This was a home swallows game and a giant got in the box and swung at it (the kid tossed a strike. Nice touch.

the chanting was consistent and cool.

there were cheerleaders.. a nice surprise for mookie.

no ball stays in for more than one batter unless it’s a K. They toss them to the ballboy outside the dugouts, who bow Japanese style to say thanks

beer girls walk the stands with a keg on their back, pouring drafts. They serve through game end. And they have cute outfits with skirts and knee high socks.

Mookie reads the stadium is from 1926, all one deck like Fenway.

they have dominos pizza as a concession. That’s not cool. Hot dogs on a stick. Cone of fries. Saw but didn’t order anything.
                        Between the cheerleaders and the beer girls I’d figure mookie would be a fan of Japanese baseball!
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Between the cheerleaders and the beer girls I’d figure mookie would be a fan of Japanese baseball!
                          I don't have Yellow Fever but even I feel funny when I see this.

Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Oh, and it’s real baseball!!! (Pitchers bat)

Comment

Oh, and it’s real baseball!!! (Pitchers bat)
                              Only in the Central League.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I don't have Yellow Fever but even I feel funny when I see this.

What about the beer girls?
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X