X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

He can talk about it on Road Rules or Fresh Meat or wherever professional reality show contestants go next. Jersey Shore: Samoa?

Leave a comment:

• SPIN CONTROL
    replied

Colby not happy with the way CBS edited Survivor...

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...olby_interview

Not surprised by any of this course as everyone knows they edit it the show for dramatic purposes.

However you'd think they could atleast show us that fat Rupert really wasn't the "hero" in the challenges they made him out to be...

There was a challenge Parvati won and it showed it coming down to the very end and it was Rupert and Parvati , and they were holding these poles up with their hands. And Rupert’s big claim to fame is how he was the one who went toe-to-toe with Parvati every time. Well, that’s not even how that challenge played out. And he wasn’t the last one with Parvati. It was Jerri, they edited Jerri out of that whole thing and made it look like it came down to Parvati and Rupert, and that’s just not the truth.”

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    That's not a target; that's a tramp stamp.
    It's almost as if you don't take her seriously as a symbol of empowerment for young women.

Leave a comment:

• Chickens@NU
    replied

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    Bazinga!

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
    She had a target on her back from the other tribe before the merge... I think that's a Survivor first....

Leave a comment:

• Chickens@NU
    replied

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
    She got voted off the first season she played. She basically charmed and flirted her way all the way to the final six that year. It wasn't until the second season that she realized that she needed to use her head as well if she wanted to actually win the game...

If she played a 4th season I doubt she'd get very far, but then again she had a target on her back from day one this season, so who knows...
    She had a target on her back from the other tribe before the merge... I think that's a Survivor first....

Leave a comment:

• SPIN CONTROL
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Like i said before the final episode. Parvarti has it all. She's the complete package for this game and that's why she's never been voted off.

It will be interesting to see if she gets the chance to play again.
    She got voted off the first season she played. She basically charmed and flirted her way all the way to the final six that year. It wasn't until the second season that she realized that she needed to use her head as well if she wanted to actually win the game...

If she played a 4th season I doubt she'd get very far, but then again she had a target on her back from day one this season, so who knows...

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Parvarti has it all. She's the complete package.
    ... and that's just her looks.

The keys to the final three composition were candace's idiocy + the remaining heroes not aligning with Sandra to get rid of Russell.

Leave a comment:

• MW4Bucky&SNC
    replied

I'm with you Prez. Candace was a moron. Totally different game if she keeps her mouth shut to Russell and they vote him out.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Once Predator starts picking them off one at a time, it truly will be Survivor.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

After watching the show on DVR today, Russell just doesnt get it. His "me first" attitude stinks. I'm going to send in an applicatio for the next couple of cycles, so hopefully I'll be playing one day, and make an All-Star version, then I will be the one to get out Parvati and Sandra, I'll be an idol on USCHO. LOL. Nicaragua should be interesting. I also think the next cycle of All-Stars should be from Nicaragua on, new decade, new reality stars.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
    What I always find interesting is that season after season the jury shows themselves to be the biggest hypocrites when they judge the final contestants for doing things that they themselves have done and would have done. The best example this year being Candace. The holier than thou way she berated Parvati for not knowing when to get out of an "abusive relationship" with Russell was hilarious given the fact the minute she saw the numbers were against her after JT was booted she joined up with Russell. And I have no doubt she would have stayed with him if it meant advancing to the end.

I know you could say this about a lot of things...But, Candice was the sole reason why the final three was all Villains and not all Heroes.

Stupid ^*%*%&

Looking back on the season...very disappointed that Stephenie was sent home so quickly. The Heroes eliminated one of their best assests right off the bat. She was the girl on their side that could have hung with Parvarti in the challenges.

Like i said before the final episode. Parvarti has it all. She's the complete package for this game and that's why she's never been voted off.

It will be interesting to see if she gets the chance to play again.

Leave a comment:

• SPIN CONTROL
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    One of the reasons Survivor is so unexpectedly interesting is the personality characteristics that come up again and again. There's a type who just refuses to see some parts of the game as valid. The epitome is Russell, who actually said (and meant) that "there must be a flaw in the game" if Sandra wins over him. Other competitors over the years have followed Coach in believing that deceit is somehow outside the game.
    What I always find interesting is that season after season the jury shows themselves to be the biggest hypocrites when they judge the final contestants for doing things that they themselves have done and would have done. The best example this year being Candace. The holier than thou way she berated Parvati for not knowing when to get out of an "abusive relationship" with Russell was hilarious given the fact the minute she saw the numbers were against her after JT was booted she joined up with Russell. And I have no doubt she would have stayed with him if it meant advancing to the end.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

One of the reasons Survivor is so unexpectedly interesting is the personality characteristics that come up again and again. There's a type who just refuses to see some parts of the game as valid. The epitome is Russell, who actually said (and meant) that "there must be a flaw in the game" if Sandra wins over him. Other competitors over the years have followed Coach in believing that deceit is somehow outside the game.

The game is an exercise in practical ethics, mostly because of the different way players respond within it. The fact that people again and again endanger their chance at a genuine reward, money, in preference to being perceived to be a certain way, all within the bounds of a completely arbitrary game, is fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• MW4Bucky&SNC
    replied

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
    I wouldn't vote him off, I'd stick right with him. Clearly people won't vote to give him the money the way he plays, and that's the kind of person I would want sitting next to me at the end.
    That's reason #1. Reason #2 is people don't want to make a play for him and then have to deal with the aftermath if it fails. I agree with many of the comments about Russell. He's a funny contrast in that he runs so hot when he thinks anyone is out to get him, yet he has no clue about the emotional side of the game others may be experiencing when he has no idea why they wouldn't vote for him in the end on the merit he is one of the greatest pure strategists Survivor has ever seen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X