Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    I'm surprised that their are so many former winners left. Last time they did a show like this they were the first to go.

Sandra, Pavarti...and Rupert won the fan favorite(was that a million or 100,000?)
    I believe he won 100K for being the fan favorite.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

That sucked. So much for the heros. Rupert really messed up by turning on Sandra so fast. Clearly it was going to be Rupert whether the idol was played or not....he got 3 votes. Do we see a Pavarti/Sandra final? How crazy would that be that two former winners get there. Sandra will take Russel out....
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

That sucked. So much for the heros. Rupert really messed up by turning on Sandra so fast. Clearly it was going to be Rupert whether the idol was played or not....he got 3 votes. Do we see a Pavarti/Sandra final? How crazy would that be that two former winners get there. Sandra will take Russel out....
        He got four votes. Russell voted for Rupert too.

I don't know what Rupert was thinking with the fire while everyone was trying to sleep. He was on the chopping block already and really F'ed himself over at that point.

Rupert and Colby's best chance was to try and align with Sandra and Pavrati to take Russell out...But they didn't see it and now they're gone.

Pavrati is ridiculous at this game. Not only she is a very good game player, she's also very good at the challenges.

Deceitful, hot, strong player...Very dangerous combination on Survivor.

I'd say she's the odds on favorite to win. But I can't figure out who would be best for her to take to the finals to try and win.

Obviously not Colby, if Colby is there, he wins.

I think Russell is an obvious choice to take...But could she really beat Sandra or Jerri?
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          "Hot"?

Way, way too much downside.

LIANA: You work for money, I take it?
          CORSO: What else?
          LIANA: I have a great deal of money.
          CORSO: I'm very happy for you.
          LIANA: You could stage a theft. I'm sure your client is well insured.
          CORSO: I'm a professional, ma'am.
          LIANA: You're a professional mercenary. Mercenaries work for the highest bidder.
          CORSO: I make a living.
          LIANA: I could throw in a bonus.
          CORSO: This has happened before someplace.
          LIANA: I know. In the movies.
          CORSO: She had an automatic in her stocking top.
          LIANA: See? No automatic.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's pretty clear that they have been around the block enough times. You can't take a chance on eliminating the other team just to change your team- that's backfired more than once. Rupert didn't do himself any favors by turning his back on Sandra, either- she went to him quickly to oust Russell, and he only partially took her seriously. And when she "sided" with Candice the one time, she also turned back.

Sandra is very consistent in her game- she tries not to be in the middle of anything, and just get through the easiest way she can. Sticking WITH the women at this point was the only play she had. Just by happenstance, Russell is still part of that.

Oddly enough, while I like Rupert, I didn't think he played all that well this season- kind of all over the place. And to trust a single villan- that was as bonehead as anyone.

Colby- I have no idea how he has lasted this long. But you can still see that he and Jeri have a good rivalry. He'll lose this time, IMHO.

Russell- no way he wins. He's playing far to agressively- too many threats, too many people don't like him. Plays well, yes, but just TOO much.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Pavrati is ridiculous at this game. Not only she is a very good game player, she's also very good at the challenges.

Vey hot indeed.....

I'd say she's the odds on favorite to win. But I can't figure out who would be best for her to take to the finals to try and win.
              Russell.

In fact the key to victory for everyone left in the game is to take Russell to the end. I don't think he would get 1 vote on a jury that clearly hates his guts.
              Fighting the good fight

Comment

My guess is Sandra, Jerri, and Colby are the final 3.

There's no way Sandra wants to keep Russell around, so with her and Colby, that's 2 votes for Russell and Jerri knows she's not getting taken by either Russell or Parvarti if they win the final challenge. So that's 3 votes if they were smart, but this is Survivor so that won't happen.

Colby's done nothing this game, but I think it's by design. Hasn't really said anything at camp, flames out quickly on challenges, but still seems strong. He's my darkhorse right now with Sandra actually in control...especially if she masterminds dumping Russell, the jury will love her for that.
                Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                  In fact the key to victory for everyone left in the game is to take Russell to the end. I don't think he would get 1 vote on a jury that clearly hates his guts.
                  The way Colby has played, if any juror were to pick him over Russell, regardless of personal like or dislike, she should have her ears boxed on national television while listening to Coach recite the Saint Crispin's Day speech.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                    There's no way Sandra wants to keep Russell around, so with her and Colby, that's 2 votes for Russell and Jerri knows she's not getting taken by either Russell or Parvarti if they win the final challenge. So that's 3 votes if they were smart, but this is Survivor so that won't happen.
                    Why would she want to get rid of the one player that she could beat if she makes it the end?

Fighting the good fight

Comment

• Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

Why would she want to get rid of the one player that she could beat if she makes it the end?

Risk.

IMHO, Sandra knows that people will see her as a previous winner, and even if she makes it to the end, there's no reason to give her another million. Not that russell needs it either, but I think she hates him so much that she rather see anyone but him win.

the only way you make sure that he can't win is to keep him out of the final 3.

Comment

Sandra needs to win the final challenge to get to the finals if she sticks with Russell and Parvati, which has roughly a 0% chance of happening. She won't get to the finals if Parvati and Russell are around with her in the final 3.
                        Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                          Sandra needs to win the final challenge to get to the finals if she sticks with Russell and Parvati, which has roughly a 0% chance of happening. She won't get to the finals if Parvati and Russell are around with her in the final 3.
                          That's one angle I didn't think of and it does make sense.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          IMHO, Sandra knows that people will see her as a previous winner, and even if she makes it to the end, there's no reason to give her another million. Not that russell needs it either, but I think she hates him so much that she rather see anyone but him win.
                          If she was up against Jerri or Colby I agree 100%. Not Russell. I just don't see that jury voting to give him anything at all. He has made way too may enemies.
                          Fighting the good fight

Comment

If she was up against Jerri or Colby I agree 100%. Not Russell. I just don't see that jury voting to give him anything at all. He has made way too may enemies.
                            Yes, but.

The last show, he made a HUGE point about playing the game better than anyone else. I'm not so sure I want to go up against anyone who has played the game so hard from day one when I've not really done much.

People think really strangely at the end, and the one way I can see people not voting for Russell is IF (and only IF) Colby is left. Otherwise, I can see many voting for Russell as the hardest player of the least desireable. Jerri and Sandra largely played under the radar, Parv was of equal evil to Russell.

If the players of this game were rational, and saw what we saw, I'd be with you 100%, but they've done odd things in the past. And a lot of how the game finishes is making sure who you don't like doesn't win, since odds are still pretty thin- I can see Sandra taking out Russell.

Comment

Remember that Russell obliterated his final opponent in the last show and got hosed. He may even be more irritating in person than the editing shows him to be, which is hard to imagine but would explain the seemingly nonsensical result last time.

I must be the only person who actively detests Sandra. Everything about her screams "entitlement queen" to me. Didn't get why she won her $1M (the bump on a log strategy) and don't get why anyone would vote for her this time.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Yes, but.
                                The last show, he made a HUGE point about playing the game better than anyone else.
                                Yes he did. And then he lost the $1 million by a 7-2 vote margin.

Fighting the good fight

Comment

Working...
                                X