Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Not sure how Rob can be by far the best player on the Villains when Russel just got the best of him. Russel will likely be going home soon due to the numbers being heavily stacked against him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him last far longer than he should. It will be interesting to see if he can sway Coach to his side after last nights tribal.
    If Russel can last until the merge, he's golden.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      If Russel can last until the merge, he's golden.
      Rob's gotta think that one of his faithful swayed to the otherside...which will cause some trouble for him. I can't imagine he would believe that Tyson would have signed his own death certificate.

If Rob goes on a witch hunt and alienates someone he could be going...which would be great. He is a great player but I don't like him.

I was glad to see James go on the Heroes side. I don't know whats goin on with those folks, but they aren't being very smart.
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Boston Rob was sent home tonight.
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
          Boston Rob was sent home tonight.
          Didn't even put up much of a fight from what was shown.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            Didn't even put up much of a fight from what was shown.
            There wasn't much he could do.

He put up a fight at tribal council and called Russell out but in the end Coach and Jerri were idiots and turned on him.

I think the game kind of wore on Boston Rob emotionally. The game is a lot different from when he played and I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting back home to Amber and his kid.

I have a lot of respect for Rob since the all-stars show...I think marriage and a kid really turned him around and he sees outside the game now and is a bit more moral in the way he conducts his business.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              He put up a fight at tribal council and called Russell out but in the end Coach and Jerri were idiots and turned on him.
              Obviously you have a crush on BR, but that doesn't make Jerri and Coach idiots. Russell is pretty straight-forward - you're either with him or against him and I see nothing wrong with that. I loved to dislike him last season, but he's entertaining and the last two tribals indicate he's a very good player.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              I have a lot of respect for Rob since the all-stars show...I think marriage and a kid really turned him around and he sees outside the game now and is a bit more moral in the way he conducts his business.
              Poppycock - BR pulled no punches, he simply got out-dueled.

Comment

This is going to play right into Russel's game. He fed on turmoil last season and will do it again this season.
                Originally posted by Bakunin
                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Obviously you have a crush on BR, but that doesn't make Jerri and Coach idiots. Russell is pretty straight-forward - you're either with him or against him and I see nothing wrong with that. I loved to dislike him last season, but he's entertaining and the last two tribals indicate he's a very good player.

Poppycock - BR pulled no punches, he simply got out-dueled.
                  Coach can't form a logical thought on his own. He belongs with Amanda and Rupert on the heroes side.

Jerri threw coach under the bus and went with Russell without even consulting Coach when they were deemed "a team".

I know Russell is a great player. He's easily the best there has ever been with the stunts he pulls. I loved it how he called out Sandra and Courtney right in front of them saying they were the two weakest players and one should go.

If he would have stuck to his guns and actually taken one of them out, it would have been priceless. When's the last time someone did that right in their face?

I think we're two weeks away from the merge. I think they'll merge at 10.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                    This is going to play right into Russel's game. He fed on turmoil last season and will do it again this season.
                    That's his game...create confusion and then bring the masses to him by being the man with the plan.

He plays it beautifully. I'm waiting for Pavrati to turn on him. That would be classic. Pavrati would win over a lot of people if she turned on him at the right moment once we get to the jury.

I'd rather see Russell on a jury this time rather than in the final two or three. I'd like to see how he would address everyone and what his question would be.

I think this game is setting up for someone like JT or Pavrati to win.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

I got a good chuckle last night out of Rob's uphappiness over people choosing their own alliances over the strength of the team. Good thing he would never do that by trying to keep only the strong players like Sandra and Courtney.

My wife hates Russell, but he's entertaining as heck.
                      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

We hate Russ, too- can't really figure how he manages to keep all this out of the face of everyone the way he does... Somehow, he manages to get to people when they are at their weakest, and convince them that he's right.

Coach... the guy can't admit that he's not playing the game, and never has. He's in it for the adventure and "glory" whatever that means to him. To be so "hurt" by Jeri, and then just following along- I don't know if he's really thinking about him, or just going along.

I see the villans just coming apart at the seams so bad that they'll have to follow Russell without fault when the merge comes. He's got that side in the bag.

Heroes- nice to see them come together. I wish it wasn't James that was the cancer, but it sure looks like it.

Comment

I see an easy road to the final two for the heroes, unless the foreshadowing shows and JT gives the idol to russel somehow....that would be epically stupid. If they don't merge would love to see Sandra and Courtney somehow take Russell out. Once the merge happens you know them two will flip to the heroes side right away.
                          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            I see an easy road to the final two for the heroes, unless the foreshadowing shows and JT gives the idol to russel somehow....that would be epically stupid. If they don't merge would love to see Sandra and Courtney somehow take Russell out. Once the merge happens you know them two will flip to the heroes side right away.
                            This is getting ridiculous.

JT could seriously be ***** everything up if he gives up that idol like the preview indicated and thinks that Russell is in the minority. Coach getting voted out only furthers JT's thinking that its a girl alliance when its really not.

Sandra is going to have to do some major talking to try and convince the Heroes that she and Courtney are on the outs.

I still don't get how incredibly stupid Jerri was last week and then this week she admits it by voting out Rob. I didn't understand it from the beginning how she could jump ship so fast.

Russell's alliance is shaky right now but if he gets JT on his side look the hell out. Game over. Those two are going to the final two if they hook up and can keep the numbers.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

If Russell connives JT into giving him the idol he is without doubt the best player of all time, but his manner and tactics mean he will always lose on the jury vote. Even if he carried a non-entity like Courtney all the way to the final she'd probably get more votes -- he lost to an even less deserving player last time.

Sandra and Parvati are interesting among the remaining players. I've never understood how Sandra survives, but she is doing exactly what she did when she won -- slip under the radar, vote "anybody but me." Parvati just has to hold on until merge and it looks like she has. I imagined her engineering a blindside against Russell but if he is serious about immediately swapping into a Heroes alliance after merge she won't get the chance.

Coach's fall was a cross between Macbeth and Lear. I would hire that guy for regional rep theater any day.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                                When the merge takes place they should just have some sort of formal challenge to see who gets the right to align with the heroes because the scramble for subgroups within the former Villian tribe to line up with the heroes is going to look like the Cannonball Run.

Last night was too bad. Sure he gave himself a nickname which you never do and sure he made up one of the most ridiculous stories ever told about being kidnapped by pygmies in the South American jungle, but Coach seems to be a decent guy who competes. It would be neat to see people with integrity stick around instead of people who have no skills outside of making up lies. I hate to see people as physically worthless as Sandra and Courtney stay around.
                                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                                X