Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

So, basically another All-Star version of Survivor, reviving people's 15 minutes. I though, am looking forward to it tonight. Are ther more or has the USCHO tribe spoken on the fate of the show?

Jeff Probst renewed his contract to host the show for two more seasons.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

I certainly am.

I lost touch with Survivor when I went to college and missed out every season after the last all-star season until this past season so I'm not going to know half of the heroes and villains.

Still, always look forward to this show because they find ways to change the game every season to make it interesting. Plus how could you not want to watch it with Russell back again to see how everyone reacts to him after last season.

Plus Boston Rob is returning.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

I did not watch the last All-Star version and I don't know that I will watch this one either.

Comment

I'll watch, but have a concert to go to this evening.

Not all that interested in all-start matches here, since some of the most interesting interactions is how people who have no idea about each other start interacting.

OTOH, it will be interesting to see how they react when they *think* they know the other players. Say, Russell from the most recent season- the self proclaimed best player ever, especially for the loosers of the game....

But I'm addicted to Survivor for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          I'll watch, but have a concert to go to this evening.

Not all that interested in all-start matches here, since some of the most interesting interactions is how people who have no idea about each other start interacting.

OTOH, it will be interesting to see how they react when they *think* they know the other players. Say, Russell from the most recent season- the self proclaimed best player ever, especially for the loosers of the game....

But I'm addicted to Survivor for some reason.
          I read on MSN that the 19 players from previous seasons don't know that Russel is the 20th member. I wonder if that is true....
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
            I read on MSN that the 19 players from previous seasons don't know that Russel is the 20th member. I wonder if that is true....

Well, considering that H vs. V was being filmed in Samoa during the previous season's airing, my guess is that they did not know who Russell was when they saw him. The producers wanted to cast someone from the most recent season, so I think they were waitng to see how things panned out with Russell. Obviously, it worked and he's on the show. My guess, if the Villians go to tribal, Boston Rob is the first to go, and if the heroes go to tribal, TOm unfortunately is the first to go, since he's the only one on that tribe that's won before. Not even a half hour in and medical is already being called.

Edit: JT is on the hereos tribe and he also won, but it was Sugar who went home.
            Last edited by jericho; 02-11-2010, 09:05 PM.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

boobs all over the place on that first challenge.

Comment

This has to be the oldest group in Survivor history (which makes sense).
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There is going to be a big power struggle in the villains group between Boston Rob and Russell.

I can't tell if people know Russell's reputation or not yet but they'll quickly learn if they don't.

Apparently Boston Rob and Amber are still married. I was wondering about that.

The sleeper in the villains group through is Sandra. She has won already and she might be a sleeper that could end up controlling that group after the Boston Rob or Russell fall out. If either of them were smart they would definitely align with her. (although from the preview for next week's episode Boston Rob might be out due to medical)

Heroes group...thank god they got rid of Sugar. What the heck was she thinking trying to get all chummy with Colby when he was having none of it?

The heroes group is going to be intriguing because there are some big time schemers in that group. Ciera, JT, and Stephanie are dangerous players that know the game.

Amanda and James are going to be pawns. Rupert is the outcast of the heroes group and I think he might get sacraficed to the wolves early.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

What will be interesting is to watch the heros be so cutthroat, behind everyone's backs, when the villans will do it out in the open. Also, was loosing the first challenge a wake up call that they can't all be Type A's to lead the team?

I predict that Russell will not last long. They may not know who he is, or his style of play, but it sure seemed as if they figured him out quickly. He's the only one I want to see gone- the guy has the biggest ego for Survivor, it's not even funny. How can you consider yourself the "best player ever" and didn't win?

Comment

What will be interesting is to watch the heros be so cutthroat, behind everyone's backs, when the villans will do it out in the open. Also, was loosing the first challenge a wake up call that they can't all be Type A's to lead the team?

I predict that Russell will not last long. They may not know who he is, or his style of play, but it sure seemed as if they figured him out quickly. He's the only one I want to see gone- the guy has the biggest ego for Survivor, it's not even funny. How can you consider yourself the "best player ever" and didn't win?
                      Let's see how many idols he finds first...
                      Originally posted by Bakunin
                      Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        There is going to be a big power struggle in the villains group between Boston Rob and Russell.
                        OTOH, if they team up, look out.

Apparently Boston Rob and Amber have turned their tired little schtick into a full-time cottage industry, complete with corporate speaking engagements. If my company hired Rob to speak, I'd sell all our stock and firebomb the building with him in it.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And Psycho James steps up to the plate!
                          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            And Psycho James steps up to the plate!
                            Previews have him doing more next week. They all think they are right, and everyone is equal. Sometimes, a dictator will be better.

It's amazing how good they are when team is the #1, and how bad they are when 1 leader is most important.

Bummer for Steph- we've liked her, and I think she got shafted. Kinda part of the Rupert move to get her out, since he thought she was a problem for his strategy.

BTW, the editing is interesting- the whole focus on the villans camp was how miserable they are- barely surviving and all. But somehow they have more than enough energy to comepte in a heavy lifting challenge. I really think the Russell going after the chickens didn't happen IMMEDIATELY after Rob brough back the clams. Probably that was when they realized chickens were around.... I'm not sure if I like this kind of bait and switch.

Comment

Bummer for Steph - we've liked her, and I think she got shafted.
                              The final vote count was a landslide. IIRC only Colby, Tom and Steph voted for Amanda. I didn't see it breaking that way at all. I think the others were freaked out by the strength of Tom-Steph, both their alliance and their strength as players.

No idea what's going on with James. Is he that immature or is it just bad strategy? Throwing a tantrum never got anyone anywhere.

Anyway, I figure Ruppert's gotta go next from the Heroes unless James throws a real nutter, because he's just too valuable in challenges, while Ruppert has weirdly alienated himself this time.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 02-19-2010, 09:22 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                              X