The 2024 GQP Thread: Because Deutsche Gopher Fan ENDED the Last One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP Congresswoman Shows Mind-Blowing Hypocrisy on Alabama IVF Ruling

Republican Representative Michelle Steel says IVF helped her start a family. Then what’s up with her voting record?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      GOP Congresswoman Shows Mind-Blowing Hypocrisy on Alabama IVF Ruling

Republican Representative Michelle Steel says IVF helped her start a family. Then what’s up with her voting record?
      Power matters more than humanity.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        TBH, I could see an eventual fracturing of both parties. The GOP because of the Dump cult and all that’s been said here. But if the GOP fractures and the Dems start pulling huge wins I could see that eventually putting the left wing and the centrist wing at odds, especially because the left wing is really going to start pushing for major changes.
        I would agree, but the problem is a split takes money and the Centrists control most of the money. The Left Wing would need benefactors or it would become the Green Party Part Deux.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

The never trump republicans need to become the 21st century version of the Whig party. Leave the MAGAts to their know-nothing tendencies and become a new version of the republican party. They won't because republicans are basically ALL sheep, rubes, dupes, and cowards.
          That and building a political party from scratch is hard work. If it was easy, the progressives would've gotten somewhere.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Sadly, because of millions of people like Haley, the more important question isn't will there be a post-trump GQP, it's will there be a post-trump USA. We need to break this fever before it breaks us, people. Any means necessary if you want democracy (at least in the watered down format we've come to know) to survive. It isn't even Biden or fascism in November. It's much worse than that.
            My biggest fear post-Trump is that the GOP is still going to try this insane nazi **** but they aren't going to literally bus brown people to concentration camps. They'll slowly and quietly strangle them.

Christie, Haley, and the rest of the rust belt "moderate" GOP governors aren't moderate at all.

Anyways, my fear is that they'll take the stigma that seems to have developed around voting GOP and make it easier for people to vote for a Republican.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

There is no post Trump GQP until he dies...and even then it won't happen for a couple years. Remember when Reagan died...it will be way worse.

If Nikki Haley and the Never Trumpers want a chance they need to split from the party...full stop. I don't mean just in rhetoric, they need to start anew with that old school non-evangelical money like Koch or Big Oil. The Republican Party is forever stained by their culture war BS. In a world where everyone has access to everything no one is going to get away with gaslighting on the social issues. A lot of Republicans are learning that right now as they pretend to support IVF and are getting called out for voting against protecting IVF when they had the chance ask Nancy Mace. (it is even worse for the ones who used IVF)

That is also why Haley will do nothing of value in 2028. Her stances won't be forgotten just because she runs as "Not Trump". She will regret being on record with many of the things she is on record for and it will cost her any chance at being a "Moderate Conservative Choice" just like it will DeSantis. These clowns have the strategic thinking of a 3 year old...although I bet a 3 year old could beat them in most instances.
              If they started a new fiscally conservative, socially liberal party it would be very competitive. Even if it's a total bulls_hit marketing line. But they'd be able to pull 25-40% of the vote, the democrats would pull another 40-50%, and the GOP would pull 10-35%. I just don't see how that's going to work when the backers want guaranteed returns for the kind of money it would take to pull this off.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

If they started a new fiscally conservative, socially liberal party it would be very competitive. Even if it's a total bulls_hit marketing line. But they'd be able to pull 25-40% of the vote, the democrats would pull another 40-50%, and the GOP would pull 10-35%. I just don't see how that's going to work when the backers want guaranteed returns for the kind of money it would take to pull this off.
                Agreed...which is why it won't happen until the older GOPers start dying off en masse.

If they want to do it, they need to understand they will lose nationally for a while. They could easily build locally though.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Would a fiscally conservative socially liberal party be a kinder version of libertarian? lol.

Comment

• McConnell to step down as Republican senate lead for Rs in November

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Would a fiscally conservative socially liberal party be a kinder version of libertarian? lol.
                      In theory yes. In practice it would just end up being another group of Heritage Foundation clowns who are looking for a party that doesn't included the unwashed masses of the MAGA movement.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I love the concept of a true centrist party, but I fear that it would basically just peel off enough Democratic voters to make sure the now-uninhibited GQP wins constantly.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• The fix is in...SCOTUS agrees to hear Trumps immunity case with arguments starting in late April...not good folks. This could/will likely push his
                          trial back even further...
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            The fix is in...SCOTUS agrees to hear Trumps immunity case with arguments starting in late April...not good folks. This could/will likely push his
                            trial back even further...
                            This is not good news unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Comment

• Honestly it changes almost nothing unless you thought his trial and sentencing was going to be done before November.

Spoiler alert: its wasn't going to be.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 02-28-2024, 06:35 PM.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Did we really think that SCOTUS wasn't going to suck the Orange Orangutang off?
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X