Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2024 GQP Thread: Because Deutsche Gopher Fan ENDED the Last One

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2028
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Dump is allegedly considering Tulsi for Veep. My wife could be one bad election and one heart attack away from the President of the United States being her personal enemy.
      A Hindu Samoan woman? Lol. Maybe the MAGA racists will stroke out.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


      Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rufus View Post
        2028
        That, mostly, but also if someone ever offers you 1,000,000:1 odds you put a buck on it.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

          That, mostly, but also if someone ever offers you 1,000,000:1 odds you put a buck on it.
          Exactly. She thinks she has a shot in 2028 (certainly better chances than Ronny D does) and as long as people like the Kochs will blow money on her she might as well stay in and get some foundation built.

          For the record she won't win in 2028 either...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

            That, mostly, but also if someone ever offers you 1,000,000:1 odds you put a buck on it.
            And especially if it's someone else's buck.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

              Exactly. She thinks she has a shot in 2028 (certainly better chances than Ronny D does) and as long as people like the Kochs will blow money on her she might as well stay in and get some foundation built.

              For the record she won't win in 2028 either...
              Koch
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • She is done after Super Tuesday...

                https://www.threads.net/@cnnpolitics...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

                The influential network associated with billionaire Charles Koch will no longer throw its money behind former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley in the Republican presidential primary and will instead focus on key Senate and House races, the group announced in an email to staff obtained by CNN.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • I think Haley bows out pretty soon with that news, but I agree that she's in it to be "the person" in a post-Trump GQP. If there is one.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    I think Haley bows out pretty soon with that news, but I agree that she's in it to be "the person" in a post-Trump GQP. If there is one.
                    Sadly, because of millions of people like Haley, the more important question isn't will there be a post-trump GQP, it's will there be a post-trump USA. We need to break this fever before it breaks us, people. Any means necessary if you want democracy (at least in the watered down format we've come to know) to survive. It isn't even Biden or fascism in November. It's much worse than that.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      I think Haley bows out pretty soon with that news, but I agree that she's in it to be "the person" in a post-Trump GQP. If there is one.
                      There is no post Trump GQP until he dies...and even then it won't happen for a couple years. Remember when Reagan died...it will be way worse.

                      If Nikki Haley and the Never Trumpers want a chance they need to split from the party...full stop. I don't mean just in rhetoric, they need to start anew with that old school non-evangelical money like Koch or Big Oil. The Republican Party is forever stained by their culture war BS. In a world where everyone has access to everything no one is going to get away with gaslighting on the social issues. A lot of Republicans are learning that right now as they pretend to support IVF and are getting called out for voting against protecting IVF when they had the chance ask Nancy Mace. (it is even worse for the ones who used IVF)

                      That is also why Haley will do nothing of value in 2028. Her stances won't be forgotten just because she runs as "Not Trump". She will regret being on record with many of the things she is on record for and it will cost her any chance at being a "Moderate Conservative Choice" just like it will DeSantis. These clowns have the strategic thinking of a 3 year old...although I bet a 3 year old could beat them in most instances.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Ronna is resigning as national chair of the GQP, effective March 8th. She touted quite the list of fantasy "accomplishments" on her way out:

                        Some of my proudest accomplishments include firing Nancy Pelosi, winning the popular vote in 2022, creating an Election Integrity Department, building the committee’s first small dollar grassroots donor program, strengthening our state parties through our Growing Republican Organizations to Win program, expanding the Party through minority outreach at our community centers, and launching Bank Your Vote to get Republicans to commit to voting early.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                          There is no post Trump GQP until he dies...and even then it won't happen for a couple years. Remember when Reagan died...it will be way worse.

                          If Nikki Haley and the Never Trumpers want a chance they need to split from the party...full stop. I don't mean just in rhetoric, they need to start anew with that old school non-evangelical money like Koch or Big Oil. The Republican Party is forever stained by their culture war BS. In a world where everyone has access to everything no one is going to get away with gaslighting on the social issues. A lot of Republicans are learning that right now as they pretend to support IVF and are getting called out for voting against protecting IVF when they had the chance ask Nancy Mace. (it is even worse for the ones who used IVF)

                          That is also why Haley will do nothing of value in 2028. Her stances won't be forgotten just because she runs as "Not Trump". She will regret being on record with many of the things she is on record for and it will cost her any chance at being a "Moderate Conservative Choice" just like it will DeSantis. These clowns have the strategic thinking of a 3 year old...although I bet a 3 year old could beat them in most instances.
                          The only thing I disagree with here is that the party is forever tainted. The Democrats were the party of secessionists and racists until they weren't. The GOP was the party of progress until it wasn't. Things change.

                          The other thing is that while we here might find their culture war crap just disgusting, a lot of people either fully buy into it or are ambivalent. "Yeah, I don't want gross men that pretend to be women in women's bathrooms." or "I don't want boys competing with girls in sports." Is it woefully misinformed? Well, yeah. But most people don't pay attention to too many things, and honestly the concept of trans people is... alien to many (and look, I say that lovingly to people like MissT here, and to any and all other trans people). I have plenty of friends that are not hateful bigots who, when you say things like "gender is just a social construct", they roll their eyes and tune out.

                          And this stupid "woke" whining is more effective than any of us would believe, which is kind of terrifying in its own right.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                          Comment


                          • You can't compare what is going on now to the reversal of the parties in the early 20th century. Those shifts didn't happen over night they took decades and often without any outside scrutiny. When LBJ ticked off the Dixiecrats and they split off he was playing a game that can't be played anymore. (Playing both ends) Back then the pundits were the gateway. Very rarely were citizens privy to the inner workings of the government. Politics like that doesn't exist anymore...there is no backroom deals and smoke filled rooms everything is done in the bright light of day its how we all know what is coming. The GOP wears their bigotry on their sleeve and openly brags about it. At CPAC they cheered for overthrowing Democracy knowing it would get tweeted out! For a shift like you are describing to happen everyone would have to stop paying attention or quit tbe internet. The ones who aren't paying attention or hate the web are voting GOP anyways. The rest see what is happening and don't even need to make an effort to do so.

                            And sorry but the culture war crap is working only on an ever dwindling group of voters. Each successive election is proving it. CRT worked for one election (in some places) but the rest notsomuch. As long as Dobbs is the case of record the GOP is going to continue down a path of irrelevance much like their predecessor The Whigs.

                            I get what you are saying, but I think you are comparing apples to cellphones. The average non Faux viewer now knows more about what is going on in the world than the elite did back then. Sure The Boomers might not...but they aren't the majority anymore and society is almost rid of their diseased influence.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                              There is no post Trump GQP until he dies...and even then it won't happen for a couple years. Remember when Reagan died...it will be way worse.

                              If Nikki Haley and the Never Trumpers want a chance they need to split from the party...full stop. I don't mean just in rhetoric, they need to start anew with that old school non-evangelical money like Koch or Big Oil.
                              The never trump republicans need to become the 21st century version of the Whig party. Leave the MAGAts to their know-nothing tendencies and become a new version of the republican party. They won't because republicans are basically ALL sheep, rubes, dupes, and cowards.

                              Comment


                              • TBH, I could see an eventual fracturing of both parties. The GOP because of the Dump cult and all that’s been said here. But if the GOP fractures and the Dems start pulling huge wins I could see that eventually putting the left wing and the centrist wing at odds, especially because the left wing is really going to start pushing for major changes.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X