No announcement yet.

The 2024 GQP Thread: Because Deutsche Gopher Fan ENDED the Last One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like the Mayorkas Impeachment is going about as well as the Hunter Biden hearings...already almost dead on arrival before the vote as at least one Republican is already a no and that is pretty much the margin for error. I love a good Conservative Self Own...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Right on cue. Ronna resigns just like daddy dementia told her to

Comment

• Impeachment resolution for mayorkas failed.

Marge complaining that a dem tricked them. They scheduled vote when a dem was supposed to be at hospital for surgery and someone the dem made it back to vote and it’s now “trickery”

at least 3 Rs joined the dems. Moses, er Mikey, looks stupefied

Comment

• Also had the Israel bill fail, then Johnson ran home to cry.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I'm still waiting for schools to hire drag queens to teach CRT and give everyone pronouns.
            I think they’re waiting to announce those changes the same week as Trump’s infrastructure week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Impeachment resolution for mayorkas failed.

Marge complaining that a dem tricked them. They scheduled vote when a dem was supposed to be at hospital for surgery and someone the dem made it back to vote and it’s now “trickery”

at least 3 Rs joined the dems. Moses, er Mikey, looks stupefied
              It was dead before the vote. There was two nos meaning all it took was 1 more and more than a few were against it. What a joke.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• How Vladimir Putin Took Over The GOP

In the ongoing decline and fall of the Republican party, we’ve reached a signature moment. MAGA’s embrace of autocratic and authoritarian leaders and movements, its utter abandonment of America’s role in the world, and its betrayal of the alliances and principles that defined the post-war global order is shocking, but the trend lines now point to a full alliance with the darkest forces on the world stage by the Trump GOP.

I know it’s easy to blame Donald Trump, Comrade Carlson, and the Bannon tendency, and I most certainly do give Trump and his scruffy allies the goat’s share of blame for this, but the deeper rot in the GOP’s hatred of our allies and embrace of our enemies also involves many people who Know Better, at least on paper.

They’ve picked a side, and it’s Putin.

The Smart Guys from the Meritocracy -- J.D. Vance, Josh Hawley, Tucker Carlson, et al. -- have all leaped into the arms of a Russian autocrat hell-bent on realigning the entirety of Europe in his image. They engage in endless moral panics over immigrants, Muslims, “duh Chinese Communist Party” -- and laugh off Putin’s unjustified, illegal, and brutal campaign of war crimes and the deliberate targeting of civilians.

Very few things cause more obvious distress among Republican elected officials than to ask them a simple question: who would you like to see as the victor in Ukraine? At least until recently, one could expect at least some kind of mealy, weaselspeak.

In their moral and intellectual decline, where they cannot force themselves to say, they would prefer to see the Ukrainian people triumph over Vladimir Putin’s illegal invasion.
                These are not serious people.

They are not moral people. They are the Guilty Men of our era, more morally culpable than Chamberlain, Halifax, and the rest of pacifist magical thinkers in the days before World War II.

The entire charade of elaborate maneuvers in Washington in the last few weeks over the border issue has resolved down to a single cause: the desire by a meaningful and growing fraction of the Republican party to ensure Vladimir Putin’s victory in Ukraine.

Today, the majority of the Senate and all of the House Republicans are eagerly paving the road for Russian tanks to enter Kiev, slaughter the Ukrainians at scale, and watch gleefully as Putin reassembles the lost prize of the old Soviet empire. At the rate things are going, don’t be shocked if MAGAs from the House GOP start proposing military aid to Russia.

Trump is primarily to blame for this as part of his generally corrosive effect on a party once centered on national security. Still, more and more Republican elected officials are making it quite evident that they’re not on the side of NATO or any kind of American interests.

Comment

• That is a great piece.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• James Lankford is a RINO. Who had that on their bingo card?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• If you aren't 100% in lockstep you are a RINO...that is where they are at now. I am not even sure "Cult" is the right word for them anymore although they now sound like the Branch Davidians when they talk so...
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        If you aren't 100% in lockstep you are a RINO...that is where they are at now. I am not even sure "Cult" is the right word for them anymore although they now sound like the Branch Davidians when they talk so...
                        I was poking around FR recently, which I do to keep abreast of how nutballs like my conspiracy loving next-door neighbor think. Contrary to popular belief, Freepers aren't always in lockstep on every issue, but historically there are purges when enough of them don't eventually self-correct to the GOP groupthink (such as when the diehard Giuliani supporters got zotted back in 2008). Case in point, when Russia first invaded Ukraine almost 2 years ago, I'd say Freepers were pretty evenly divided on whether to support Ukraine or believe Putin's propaganda. Lately though, you can see the fatigue has set in as the war has ground into a stalemate. I'd wager that most are now in lockstep with the GQP regarding the $60b in continued funding, and the Putinistas now appear to have the upper hand in sheer numbers/enthusiasm.

Comment

• They continue to say the quiet parts out loud and a good % of the country just doesn't care.

Trump wants our economy to fail and the border to be in chaos, all for his own political gain. The GOP is willing to assist him, at the cost of our national security.The Republican Party has shown you their hand time and time again. Stop shaking it.

Comment

• Senate Rs in Missouri blocked rape exception for abortion.

One of the scum, who is running for governor, said a one year old could get an abortion if they pass it.

Comment

Senate Rs in Missouri blocked rape exception for abortion.

One of the scum, who is running for governor, said a one year old could get an abortion if they pass it.
                              but were unable to push a bill to bar Planned Parenthood from receiving Medicaid reimbursements to a vote.
                              They wanted more. I expected more to happen by now to be honest. With everything that has happened I would have thought the ramifications of what the Republicans have done would have been more severe. Instead, people seem to just move on.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Senate Rs in Missouri blocked rape exception for abortion.

How can a state dominated by 2 cities be run by a bunch of inbred death cult crackers?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X