NCAA Hockey - 2023/24 **Insert Witty Tagline**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
    Didn't listen to the podcast, but I'm surprised that most coaches are fine and will have zero complaints when they are the 1 seed and head to the 4th seed's home arena. Because that's what you are asking for. I remember the outrage Michigan got when they hosted as a lower seed, and I'm sure many examples of that are why it was changed in the first place. Just shows that everything old is new again.
    The lower seed Michigan beat SCSU in Yost. That was about 20 years ago and still frustrating.

Correction, SCSU was the 5, Michigan 4. They knocked out DU, which was the number 1 seed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002...key_tournament
    Last edited by St. Clown; 02-08-2024, 06:16 PM.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      The lower seed Michigan beat SCSU in Yost. That was about 20 years ago and still frustrating.

Correction, SCSU was the 5, Michigan 4. They knocked out DU, which was the number 1 seed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002...key_tournament
      That's the one I'm pretty sure. There was a 2 or 3 year stretch where Michigan hosted at Yost and people were talking about the fairness of it.

Now we just need to get the Frozen Four in Detroit again...
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• I haven't listened to Adam before, but I had read both Brad's article and Adam's followup one.

David clearly dominated the interview with reason and ideas that honestly made Adam seem like he knew nothing.

The biggest takeaway I had was that David laid out the best-case future scenario and then Adam would kind of agree but keep bringing up this notion that Brad recommends a best of 3 war the way to go.

That's completely untrue as Brad and David have the same idea of single game at top 8 seeds. Then, the next weekend a single game at the top 4 seeds.

So, it just turned into Adam saying over and over "well yeah, that's better than the 3 game idea."

He may be a great debater but as others have said, he had nothing to stand on in this interview. It was a bit embarrassing honestly and considering this was the first entry too his show for a lot of fans, it's likely his position and inability to directly offer better alternatives will limit how much those people tune in.

Comment

• Personally, if they’re going to go to full weekends for a single round I’d rather it be best of 3, but it seems like a lot of coaches aren’t on board with that. And I’d rather have a single game than two game aggregate.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I love campus sites but I want single elimination. It preserves the advantage but flattens it, and it is easier logistically for everybody. The unknows of a game three are extremely disruptive.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Rhett Pitlick is a force
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I look at the 16 team tournament at neutral sites as a good faith experiment that some people foolishly believed would "grow" the sport. It didn't and that ship has sailed. It would be nice if the powers that be would do what is best for the sport, admit they were misguided, and go to higher seeds hosting. Single game elimination at 1-8, re-seed and do the same with 1-4 the next weekend, and then a neutral site final four.

Comment

• Best of three only works with an eight-team field.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Whomever is responsible for the abominations that UMn wore today needs to be sacked.
                    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                    Groucho Marx
                    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                    Ron White
                    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                    Milo Bloom

Comment

• Love the gold jerseys.

never gets old hearing the battle hymn of the republic. Such a banger

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                        Whomever is responsible for the abominations that UMn wore today needs to be sacked.
                        Pics or GTFO.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Pics or GTFO.
                          I refuse to perpetuate the shaming of UMn's usual classic look by sharing whatever it is that they wore today. Look it up but be warned. NSFW
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post

I refuse to perpetuate the shaming of UMn's usual classic look by sharing whatever it is that they wore today. Look it up but be warned. NSFW
                            All-time terrible take.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Our long national nightmare has ended. Stonehill has won a D1 hockey game. 1-28.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Our long national nightmare has ended. Stonehill has won a D1 hockey game. 1-28.
                                Has a D1 team ever finished winless?
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X