No announcement yet.

Covid 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember when immature little kids used to collect and trade baseball cards. No harm, no foul, and lots of silly fun.

Now they collect and trade ideas on which vaccine(s) to get. This is NOT progress ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• I guess Aladdin Trudeau-Castro Jr. oop North has let the Wuhan Flu affect his failing memory ...

Justin Trudeau Says He Never Forced People To Get Vaccinated And That We've Always Been At War With Eurasia | Babylon Bee

Comment

• If you are unsure of which version of the vaccine to get, the correct version is the one that's available. That's the message I've read repeatedly. Don't stress waiting for Moderna or Pfizer. I would recommend waiting for these versions to be made available (vs. getting one now, unless your doctor directs you otherwise), because anything CVS may give out now is last year's.

And again, I'll add that sure this could all easily look like a conspiracy if you've no idea how vaccines - or medicine in general - work.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          If you are unsure of which version of the vaccine to get, the correct version is the one that's available. That's the message I've read repeatedly. Don't stress waiting for Moderna or Pfizer. I would recommend waiting for these versions to be made available (vs. getting one now, unless your doctor directs you otherwise), because anything CVS may give out now is last year's.
          Jeb2020 I think you're on the right track with your observations today. Rev. Jim Jones would indeed be proud ...

Comment

If you are unsure of which version of the vaccine to get, the correct version is the one that's available. That's the message I've read repeatedly. Don't stress waiting for Moderna or Pfizer.
            This is good to know. I thought you were encouraged to stay within one once you started, so I have always had Pfizer. AFAIK the USG's vaccination regime has always been Pfizer so it has been convenient.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Guys, just stop your hysterical conversations about the basic news and facts of upcoming vaccines, it apparently hurts calm and collected Chuck's and Jeb's feelings or something to hear such things.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This is good to know. I thought you were encouraged to stay within one once you started, so I have always had Pfizer. AFAIK the USG's vaccination regime has always been Pfizer so it has been convenient.
                The original 2-dose course should be of the same brand, so far as I'm aware, but once you're beyond that it matters less.

Think of the flu shot. You got it first many years ago most likely (well, hopefully!). Each year, do you have the faintest idea which brand developed the one you got? Probably not. Because it doesn't mostly doesn't matter and if it does matter, you and your doctor will know.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

The original 2-dose course should be of the same brand, so far as I'm aware, but once you're beyond that it matters less.

Think of the flu shot. You got it first many years ago most likely (well, hopefully!). Each year, do you have the faintest idea which brand developed the one you got? Probably not. Because it doesn't mostly doesn't matter and if it does matter, you and your doctor will know.
                  Thanks.

Does COVID just roll into the flu shot eventually? It's funny how the MAGAts don't scream conspiracy because there's a new flu shot every year.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Thanks.

Does COVID just roll into the flu shot eventually? It's funny how the MAGAts don't scream conspiracy because there's a new flu shot every year.
                    On the off chance that right wing brains might be able to hold an idea, please don’t give them any!
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

On the off chance that right wing brains might be able to hold an idea, please don’t give them any!
                      Conversely, ...

Also, I've heard high voltage warning signs are Big State oppression, and that high levels of electricity are how Jesus speaks to His most faithful.

(We srsly have to start a snake handling cult for the 240V line in your house. Same principle: if you believe, God will protect you. If you don't support this you're an atheist.)

Last edited by Kepler; 09-07-2023, 11:55 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

As I understand it (could not quickly find a concise source to confirm), the CDC actually designs the flu vaccine each year, then provides the formula to private manufacturers to “build to print.” Therefore, there really should be no variation by brand name. Definitely not the same situation as the ‘Rona vaccines, even if the result (all brands roughly equal effectiveness) is the same.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended

Comment

Thanks.

The pharmacist who gave me my most recent booster (last winter), she thinks that rolling into a flu type regimen is the end state, but said there are still too many variables to make an absolute prediction.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Conversely, ...

Also, I've heard high voltage warning signs are Big State oppression, and that high levels of electricity are how Jesus speaks to His most faithful.

(We srsly have to start a snake handling cult for the 240V line in your house. Same principle: if you believe, God will protect you. If you don't support this you're an atheist.)
                              I think I've seen the same think about wearing helmets while riding motorcycles. It's a grand conspiracy to enrich Bell Helmets at the expense of experiencing nature. God will protect you.

Well, until he doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                The pharmacist who gave me my most recent booster (last winter), she thinks that rolling into a flu type regimen is the end state, but said there are still too many variables to make an absolute prediction.
                                If they did that, wouldn't they need to change the process? Didn't the COVID vaccine originate from a fairly new method of understanding the virus, meaning it actually can somewhat quickly react to change vs. the prediction for the flu vaccine?

Comment

Working...
                                X