NFL 2023-24. Now without Dan Snyder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Can someone asplain to me how onside kicks are supposed to work now?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...w-kickoff-rule
    This is a legit question, as they passed on a "4th and 20" option being made available in a Free Kick situation. I don't think there is an answer formulated as of yet.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

This is a legit question, as they passed on a "4th and 20" option being made available in a Free Kick situation. I don't think there is an answer formulated as of yet.
      The kicking team has to declare an on sides kick. Then they line up as prior. They let the kicking team have an unbalanced line up- as if that helps. But no more surprise on sides kicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The NFL also removed the hip-drop tackle. It’s going to make open field tackles very difficult because defenders can’t grab high on a jersey, and now they can’t use their body weight if pursuing from behind and somehow do manage to get ahold of the ball carrier.
        They could try, oh I don't know, tackling technique?

Hardly anyone really tackles anymore. If they aren't just plowing a shoulder into them, they're just grabbing onto and throwing them down. Hit someone, and wrap your arms.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Hit someone, and wrap your arms.
          ...gently gaze into their eyes...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

They could try, oh I don't know, tackling technique?

Hardly anyone really tackles anymore. If they aren't just plowing a shoulder into them, they're just grabbing onto and throwing them down. Hit someone, and wrap your arms.
            When the ball carrier is a WR, matching your speed and an arm’s length ahead, what is the proper tackling technique? I grew up playing on the D line, so my tackling situations were much different.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              When the ball carrier is a WR, matching your speed and an arm’s length ahead, what is the proper tackling technique? I grew up playing on the D line, so my tackling situations were much different.
              You either dive to try to get a hand on him, or you don't, and either someone else gets him on an angle, or he scores.

Hip drop tackle doesn't help in this situation either.

Comment

You either dive to try to get a hand on him, or you don't, and either someone else gets him on an angle, or he scores.

Hip drop tackle doesn't help in this situation either.
                That dive and grab is going to be defined as a hip-drop... You will not be able to grab a ball carrier from behind and use you weight to pull him to the ground. That's what the NFL is trying to eliminate: Someone grabbing on and becoming dead weight.

Comment

• That's not what the hip drop is.

Comment

That's not what the hip drop is.
                    The definition is going to be "Grabbing a runner from behind, leaving your feet, and applying your body weight to pull a runner down".

Comment

• I know not all that many people will watch the UFL games, but one thing I like about them is that they end up being extended auditions to get to the NFL. Which is important considering how bad many teams are at evaluating players before the draft in a few weeks.

Comment

The definition is going to be "Grabbing a runner from behind, leaving your feet, and applying your body weight to pull a runner down".
                        Good grief. That's... going to make for some interesting calls this year
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That's not just called a "tackle"?

Srsly, I would like to go back and review my high school stats, because 85% of the times I was brought down that describes it. How did I know every one of those times it was illegal?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I guess Arena Football League 3.0 is trying to be a thing, LOL.

Comment

• Is that the league that just folded? Yeah I had never heard of it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Is that the league that just folded? Yeah I had never heard of it either.
                                AFL 2.0 recently folded and this is another reboot attempt that has been seen in flames since it was announced.

Comment

Working...
                                X