NFL 2023-24. Now without Dan Snyder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    The only reason I can really come up with that might justify SF's decision is the fact that it gives their D some time to rest. KC spent the last two minutes in a hurry up offense (at the end of a tough game), and the SF defense was hanging on to try to keep KC from doing nothing more than tying it up. If there had been another 30 seconds left in the fourth quarter, there is little doubt in my mind that KC would have scored the go ahead touchdown then.

By taking the ball, and especially by driving it basically 50 or 60 yards over 7+ minutes of game time, they gave their D one last chance to rest up before facing a KC offense that had suddenly seemed to find its groove.
    This. From what I read, SF was concerned their defense was pooped. So, they figured KC was guaranteed to score a TD if their defense didn't get any kind of rest. This way, maybe they could hold them and get that third sudden death possession.

The real debate should be SF's play calling in the last two minutes. If they get a first down after the two-minute warning, the game is essentially over, despite KC's two timeouts. KC could not stop SF's run, so what does SF do most of that late 4th qtr. drive? Pass. That is what people should be debating.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• KC parade, gun shots, people hit.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Broncos cut Russ, will absorb $85M cap hit.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Broncos cut Russ, will absorb $85M cap hit.
          They also have to pay him for not playing. Or pay him if he signs with another team. Imagine playing a player so much money to NOT be on the team.

Comment

• Cousins to Falcons for four years 180M.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Wilson will sign with Steelers for veteran min of $1.2 million. He still has $37.8 million coming from the Broncos.

Saquan Barkley to the Eagles

Jacobs to the Packers with Jones being released

Comment

• Cousins turned out to be drip slime after all.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                  Cousins to Falcons for four years 180M.
                  Never really understood the appeal to pay him so much. He's a really good QB, sure. But not great. And certainly not one of the top 5.

Comment

• Quarterbacks are getting pricey though. Hell, Gardner Minshew's gonna get $12.5/per.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                      Cousins to Falcons for four years 180M.
                      Holy hell. I'm not even mad. Like, that's way way more than I would have paid.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Cousins turned out to be drip slime after all.
                        Because he was offered more money... and he said yes?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Cousins turned out to be drip slime after all.
                          Wait, what?

Comment

• If you only count the guarantees in Kirk Cousins' new contract, he's now made $3M less than Tom Brady in lifetime earnings.

I know Brady took a lot of team-friendly deals, but that's just a ridiculous fact.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              If you only count the guarantees in Kirk Cousins' new contract, he's now made $3M less than Tom Brady in lifetime earnings.

I know Brady took a lot of team-friendly deals, but that's just a ridiculous fact.
                              And THAT is what I don't understand. I don't see him as even one of the top 10 QBs. Let alone always getting the most premium contract. It was odd enough for the Vikings, but now he'll pass 40 with that contract with Atlanta. Why?

Seems that the deal makes it hard to surround him with enough talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Wait, what?
                                What Scooby meant to say is, Cousins believes drip slime is a valid Covid cure.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X