Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cF[Authentic]
    replied
    Sure winning is nice, but it's already so difficult to win the Super Bowl. Take the money, even if it handicaps the team. His career could end on the first play next year - might as well get as much money as possible while he still can.

As fans, our priority is the team. As a player, the priority should be about themselves and getting money before the game destroys their bodies.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    The problem with Cousins' teams are not his ability but the fact that he soaks up so much ****ing cap room for other potential players.

Hanging a $45M anchor around the Falcons' neck is going to be a hell of a thing to overcome. It don't work for the twins and it ain't going to work for the falcons.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    I read that and thought Jones at NE.
    Yeah, but at least Cousins is an NFL caliber QB.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Cousins at MN had to deal with for the first few years a revolving door at OC, a completely horsecrap OL for the first 3 or 4 years at least (and now it's at best serviceable), and over the past 3-4 years a defense that ranged from ok to terrible. Not to mention some godawful special teams.

The team won 13 games 2 years ago including a record (8? 9?) come from behind wins which previously was considered a sore spot. Then suddenly the argument filpped to, "if he was better they wouldn't always have to come from behind". The year before they lost 4 or 5 games because the defense couldn't hold a late 4th quarter lead. He had faults but this has been a very poorly run org for several years running.
    He's a very good QB, I agree with that. Was he worth paying top dollar for? Or still paying top dollar for? Did his salary contribute to the thin OL? Will his salary leave the Falcons short a handful of players that would be required for him to take them over the top?

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Cousins at MN had to deal with for the first few years a revolving door at OC, a completely horsecrap OL for the first 3 or 4 years at least (and now it's at best serviceable), and over the past 3-4 years a defense that ranged from ok to terrible. Not to mention some godawful special teams.

The team won 13 games 2 years ago including a record (8? 9?) come from behind wins which previously was considered a sore spot. Then suddenly the argument filpped to, "if he was better they wouldn't always have to come from behind". The year before they lost 4 or 5 games because the defense couldn't hold a late 4th quarter lead. He had faults but this has been a very poorly run org for several years running.
    I read that and thought Jones at NE.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    I would put Stafford and below roughly on par with Cousins.

Maybe better, maybe not. They're all in that middle area, interchangeable.
    At least Matt has won something. And put a receiver in the HOF. Cousin's biggest achievement was being the top paid QB for a while. Again, he's good. But I just don't see the value that he's being paid. If Viking's fans had a beef with him, it would be the cap space he took up preventing quality players to be part of the team.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    I would put Stafford and below roughly on par with Cousins.

Maybe better, maybe not. They're all in that middle area, interchangeable.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Who are the ten that are better? I can see maybe 5 or 6 right off, but after that, it's a pool of mediocrity, which Cousins is right in the middle of.
    Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, Stafford, Hurt, Goff, Purdy, Herbert, Stroud, and Love- and some players have gotten better, like Lawrence, Tua, Mayfield.

Somewhere in there are the accomplishments of Cousins. He's now got a contract north of Josh Allen.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Who are the ten that are better? I can see maybe 5 or 6 right off, but after that, it's a pool of mediocrity, which Cousins is right in the middle of.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Wait, what?
    What Scooby meant to say is, Cousins believes drip slime is a valid Covid cure.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    If you only count the guarantees in Kirk Cousins' new contract, he's now made $3M less than Tom Brady in lifetime earnings.

I know Brady took a lot of team-friendly deals, but that's just a ridiculous fact.
    And THAT is what I don't understand. I don't see him as even one of the top 10 QBs. Let alone always getting the most premium contract. It was odd enough for the Vikings, but now he'll pass 40 with that contract with Atlanta. Why?

Seems that the deal makes it hard to surround him with enough talent.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    If you only count the guarantees in Kirk Cousins' new contract, he's now made $3M less than Tom Brady in lifetime earnings.

I know Brady took a lot of team-friendly deals, but that's just a ridiculous fact.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Cousins turned out to be drip slime after all.
    Wait, what?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Cousins turned out to be drip slime after all.
    Because he was offered more money... and he said yes?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X