No announcement yet.

NFL 2023-24. Now without Dan Snyder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently she’s said in the past she won’t do the SB until she’s re-recorded all her music so that the old labels can’t make money off it. I think she still has 2-3 albums to remake so maybe in a few years.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Apparently she’s said in the past she won’t do the SB until she’s re-recorded all her music so that the old labels can’t make money off it. I think she still has 2-3 albums to remake so maybe in a few years.
      She’s released three of the six with another coming in October so she has two more to go.

Source: Daughter is a huge Swiftie.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        I don't think it's worth the risk to her brand.

Look at how nit-picked the Halftime show gets. Every one of them is classified as "garbage" by a significant portion of the population. As it stands, she owns the hottest ticket on the planet. There is nothing for her to gain. She can only get bumped down a notch.
        This is what I was thinking. At her shows she can control everything. At the SB she is at the mercy of a bunch of senile owners whose idea of a good concert is Skynard with a lynching afterwards as dessert.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This is what I was thinking. At her shows she can control everything. At the SB she is at the mercy of a bunch of senile owners whose idea of a good concert is Skynard with a lynching afterwards as dessert.
          What does Taylor Swift do that the NFL would want to control? Three of the last four years they had Shakira and J-Lo, West Coast rappers, and a pregnant Rihanna suspended over the field. I can think of exactly one song they might have an issue with given today’s climate, and even then the NFL
          would be trying to stop what would undoubtedly be their biggest show ever now that the money has exploded since MJ.

Their biggest risk might seriously be too many empty seats from Swifties leaving at halftime.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Their biggest risk might seriously be too many empty seats from Swifties leaving at halftime.
            OK now I really want it to happen.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

https://www.thebeststuffonline.net/w...urple-rain.jpg
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

What does Taylor Swift do that the NFL would want to control? Three of the last four years they had Shakira and J-Lo, West Coast rappers, and a pregnant Rihanna suspended over the field. I can think of exactly one song they might have an issue with given today’s climate, and even then the NFL
                would be trying to stop what would undoubtedly be their biggest show ever now that the money has exploded since MJ.

No, what I mean is The National Football League coordinates the SB set -- design, light, electronics, stage (probably not sound, no artist would give that up no matter how much of a has been they are). And they are the level of Disney or the networks. They are giving Middle America the entertainment level expected of Broadway or Branson -- dullwitted, simple, easy.

Swift's people are f-cking mad geniuses, because at that level they do not care about anything but pure balls and dramatic value. Everything everybody learns in the Andrew Lloyd Weber school of safe, sane entertainment is aggressively ignored. This is why those shows are either spectacular or utter disasters, but never easily accessible.

There is no point for someone as talented and successful as Swift to go back to Middle School so her work can be consumed by the Great Unwashed. She is lightyears beyond the flyovers.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-18-2023, 12:45 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sam Darnold wins QB2 job, putting Trey Lance's time in SF into question. I'd feel sorry for the kid, but he made $30 million+ and he hasn't thrown more than 400 passes since High School.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Sam Darnold wins QB2 job, putting Trey Lance's time in SF into question. I'd feel sorry for the kid, but he made $30 million+ and he hasn't thrown more than 400 passes since High School.
                    Traded to Dallas for picks.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post

Traded to Dallas for picks.
                      From 3rd 1st round picks to a single 4th round pick, with maybe 5 or 6 games in the meantime.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

After his wife's podcast Matthew Stafford at practice tomorrow:

Comment

Mortensen stepping away from ESPN to enjoy "modified retirement"
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

As a Lions fan, the worst thing you can have is hope. Last year it was Hard Knocks, and it took most of the season to recover from that. This year it's everyone saying that the Lions already won the Norris, and that this game was possible even before two KC players were out.

While it's not the same Lions- they are competitive, you can feel it's not what everyone hyped up the hope with. Hopefully, in the remaining 1.9 quarters, I'm proven wrong. There's that word again- hope.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                              As a Lions fan, the worst thing you can have is hope. Last year it was Hard Knocks, and it took most of the season to recover from that. This year it's everyone saying that the Lions already won the Norris, and that this game was possible even before two KC players were out.

While it's not the same Lions- they are competitive, you can feel it's not what everyone hyped up the hope with. Hopefully, in the remaining 1.9 quarters, I'm proven wrong. There's that word again- hope.
                              ********. Now I have hope again.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

********. Now I have hope again.
                                So do I. This is messed up.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X