Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2023-24. Now without Dan Snyder!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    U-Tree did a video talking about how RB's have basically become plug-n-play across the board. Basically the assets they used to possess are now also in the hands of QB's, so that's where the star power lies.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

    Comment


    • #17
      It's reported on Threads that Taylor Swift was asked to do the 2024 Super Bowl, and politely told the NFL "No."

      It would also be the next day after playing four days straight at the Tokyo Dome.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

      Live Radio from 100.3

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by aparch View Post
        It's reported on Threads that Taylor Swift was asked to do the 2024 Super Bowl, and politely told the NFL "No."

        It would also be the next day after playing four days straight at the Tokyo Dome.
        I honestly think Taylor Swift is too big for the Super Bowl. She will end up doing it eventually, but she is the hottest thing right now and doesn't need them.
        Let's Go Broncos!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bronco View Post

          I honestly think Taylor Swift is too big for the Super Bowl. She will end up doing it eventually, but she is the hottest thing right now and doesn't need them.
          That is fascinating.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bronco View Post

            I honestly think Taylor Swift is too big for the Super Bowl. She will end up doing it eventually, but she is the hottest thing right now and doesn't need them.
            I agree.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

            Comment


            • #21
              If her schedule allowed it she'd have accepted I have zero doubt.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                If her schedule allowed it she'd have accepted I have zero doubt.
                I wouldn't if I were her. She can already charge $Texas for as many shows as she can sing, so she doesn't need the publicity. I don't know what the Superbowl pays for a 15-minute concert, but it surely is a fraction of what she'd get for selling out that same stadium herself. (i.e. her opportunity cost is enormous and there's no upside)
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                Comment


                • #23
                  I thought there was some belief that the NFL switching from Pepsi to Apple for their halftime show was party a plot to get here, since she had deals with Coke (and thus wouldn't do Pepsi) and had some deals with Apple, so she would be a shoe-in for it at some point. IIRC last year she was still busy recording?

                  Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                  KDR

                  Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                  Test to see if I can add this.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    If her schedule allowed it she'd have accepted I have zero doubt.
                    I'll add my opinion that I don't think she would, either. It's not that common to have currently relevant acts do the halftime. It happens, but I don't recall the top of the top ever doing it.

                    Besides already being on tour, there's additional time to do a unique show like the SB, so how that would fit in would be tough. And if it were me, the half time show needs her more than she needs it, so she *should* be asking for a literal mint for her and ALL of the performers on the field to do it. I doubt they could sell enough ads to pay for it just for halftime.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

                      I wouldn't if I were her. She can already charge $Texas for as many shows as she can sing, so she doesn't need the publicity. I don't know what the Superbowl pays for a 15-minute concert, but it surely is a fraction of what she'd get for selling out that same stadium herself. (i.e. her opportunity cost is enormous and there's no upside)
                      The Super Bowl actually pays negative dollars now. They stopped giving a fee like ten years ago and the artists have to pay for the show’s production. But the bump in exposure everyone has received after the SB seems to make it worth it.

                      I would’ve loved to see what ticket prices would’ve been had she accepted. Based on what they’re going for for her tour, I’m sure there are thousands of people that would spend at least a thousand just to say they got to see her Super Bowl performance in person. It could be the worst match-up possible and would probably still see record ticket prices.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                      1966, 1986, 2007

                      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                        The Super Bowl actually pays negative dollars now. They stopped giving a fee like ten years ago and the artists have to pay for the show’s production. But the bump in exposure everyone has received after the SB seems to make it worth it.

                        I would’ve loved to see what ticket prices would’ve been had she accepted. Based on what they’re going for for her tour, I’m sure there are thousands of people that would spend at least a thousand just to say they got to see her Super Bowl performance in person. It could be the worst match-up possible and would probably still see record ticket prices.
                        She definitely doesn't need it, and I wouldn't expect her to upset an existing tour schedule for it, but it would definitely have a good chance of setting some viewership records. This is not a review of her music either positive or negative, but she gets a LOT of publicity, every time her tour comes to a town it seems to be all that is ever talked about for a week. Even with the SB being the SB, this would definitely up the already-insane amount of talk the SB gets. Think of how Michael Jackson changed the whole scene with his show; does she care enough about non-money stuff like that to feel it worth her time?

                        Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                        KDR

                        Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                        Test to see if I can add this.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Like I said if she wasn't on tour and/or had a heavy schedule to work around I think she'd do it. Agree to disagree.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I came for a concert and a football game broke out.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              I came for a concert and a football game broke out.
                              Well yeah, the actual football is now like the 17th more important thing at the Super Bowl.

                              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                              KDR

                              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                              Test to see if I can add this.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I don't think it's worth the risk to her brand.

                                Look at how nit-picked the Halftime show gets. Every one of them is classified as "garbage" by a significant portion of the population. As it stands, she owns the hottest ticket on the planet. There is nothing for her to gain. She can only get bumped down a notch.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                                Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                                Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                                Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X