Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Has the season opener ever been met with a rematch in the Super Bowl? That would be the case if KC and Detroit win.

Nvm, I looked it up. Since they started it in 2004 it has not happened. In fact most years it’s not possible because it’s usually an intra-conference game. But in 2016 they did make the opener a rematch of the previous Super Bowl between Carolina and Denver.
    Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 01-22-2024, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Bet the farm on KC, ravens choke, KC beats whoever in Super Bowl. Couldn’t be better for nfl, just think how many swifties tune in.
    KC's defense just might be good enough to deal with the Ravens and Mahomes, is Mahomes. I like the Chiefs chances to win it all again.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    There's a soft side of me that would love for DET to win a SB, and a petty side that thinks, "eff them I can't stand to see ANOTHER team win a SB before the Vikings". [sigh]
    On one hand, that means you are rooting for SF, Baltimore, and KC to win. Think about that for a while... yikes.

On the other hand, I don't see either SF or Detroit beating either KC or Baltimore... So you have my odds on the side of your thinking.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post

Not to mention on that final drive, Allen had wide open receivers that he could have gone to on consecutive plays, but either never saw them or chose to go elsewhere for incompletes.
    Between that and their rather sieve defense, they very much can't blame the kicker. For as close as they were to winning that game, that was a team loss. Everyone contributed to that, which sucks.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

They were gifted second chances twice in the fourth alone. First the fumble out of the end zone and then Allen's fumble that went by seven Chiefs before Buffalo recovered it.
    Not to mention on that final drive, Allen had wide open receivers that he could have gone to on consecutive plays, but either never saw them or chose to go elsewhere for incompletes.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Bet the farm on KC, ravens choke, KC beats whoever in Super Bowl. Couldn’t be better for nfl, just think how many swifties tune in.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I'm coming down on the side of: I don't want everyone to feel the misery I do. I want a better life for everyone outside of Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Iowa.

Go ****in Lions.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    There's a soft side of me that would love for DET to win a SB, and a petty side that thinks, "eff them I can't stand to see ANOTHER team win a SB before the Vikings". [sigh]

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Buffalo was lucky to even be in a position to win or tie it at the end- their D was terrible all day except one drive.
    They were gifted second chances twice in the fourth alone. First the fumble out of the end zone and then Allen's fumble that went by seven Chiefs before Buffalo recovered it.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Buffalo was lucky to even be in a position to win or tie it at the end- their D was terrible all day except one drive.
    To be fair, their defense was banged up. They had zero backup linebackers. Their performance was expected.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    The Lions went 0-16 this century and still made the NFC Championship game before the Dallas Cowboys.
    The Lions have more wins in January than the Pistons.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Detroit, you're our only hope now.
    that’s like pinning your hopes on the Princeton Tigers.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    The only one happy in Buffalo right now is Scott Norwood.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Detroit, you're our only hope now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X