X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    We can all enjoy this. Note the date: just over 2 years ago.
    Given the draft after that season, that was a massive win for the Lions. A lot because that season the Rams sucked, too- so we had two top 10 picks.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    We can all enjoy this. Note the date: just over 2 years ago.

With apologies to the NFL fans in Detroit and Houston, the Jets are the worst team in the NFL right now.

Yes, technically speaking, the Lions have the worst record in the league at 0-8-1 with the Texans, losers of their last eight games, second-worst at 1-8.

But the eye test will tell that even the woeful Lions and Texans are better than the 2-7 Jets.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    The Falcons plan to hire Raheem Morris as their coach. Looks like BB will be watching the games on TV like the rest of us.
    Massive side effect of that is many fewer teams that could take Belecheck. Pretty much down to Washington and Seattle, neither of which fit his theoretical criteria.

But it's sure nice to see so many assistants get promoted over recycling old coaches, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

Sigh. The hedonic treadmill. Unless he's getting out of town before the real stories come.
    From what I've read, this puts the NCAA in a real pickle. Both investigations center on him, and nobody else. Assuming they are worth anything- ESPN still calls one the "sign stealing scandal" when it's actually in person scouting. So maybe that is pretty worthless anyway.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    The Falcons plan to hire Raheem Morris as their coach. Looks like BB will be watching the games on TV like the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Harbaugh's the new Chargers coach.
    Sigh. The hedonic treadmill. Unless he's getting out of town before the real stories come.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Oh, well. I’m hoping we get Sharrone Moore.

edit- and it was pretty inevitable. He's been fishing in the NFL pool for a while to match his brother with a Lombardi. So it's not that shocking. Add that to the NCAA issues. But we won quite a bit, and we managed to meet him after the hype died down (did you know his daughter in law is from Puerto Rico? We do, be he had no idea where.... he's a character)
    Last edited by MichVandal; 01-24-2024, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I would suspect that injuries allow to pick players up off of waivers.
    I guess it's because football has no minor league system so there's no place to go after the roster except FAs. It makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Would have only 2 tight ends on the roster, otherwise. Mitchell had hand surgery and Wright broke his forearm Sunday.
    Shows how much I really pay attention to the team- I didn't realize the news about Mitchell was the same position. Hope he can block- that's mostly what Wright did.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Would have only 2 tight ends on the roster, otherwise. Mitchell had hand surgery and Wright broke his forearm Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

To play this weekend?

Huh. I just assumed there was a playoff roster limitation like MLB.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

To play this weekend?

I think because he was waived and thus not on any team he could do it; certainly no trades at this point; but yeah, I still assumed some basic overall roster freeze.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Zach Ertz signs with the Lions, because apparently you can do that at this point in the season?
    To play this weekend?

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Zach Ertz signs with the Lions, because apparently you can do that at this point in the season?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X