NFL 2023-24. Now without Dan Snyder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Add Swifties to the list of groups that want to burn MPLS down.
    What happened? She didn’t show up here today did she?

Comment

• He seemed injured, but is back now and completely fine. Just like Mahomes after any time he limps.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Is Belichick is going to stick around long enough to stagger past Shula if the Pats suck this much for this long?
        I dunno if it's gonna be his choice. Kraft said in so many words before the season started they'd better make the playoffs.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

He seemed injured, but is back now and completely fine. Just like Mahomes after any time he limps.
          Looked like achilles torn to me but can't be as he just scored. fooled me
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Yessir, that ol' defensive genius sure earned his stripes today. Derek effin' Carr tore him a new one.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Add Swifties to the list of groups that want to burn MPLS down.

No, they're going after artificial turf.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Is it a sign of an abusive relationship when even after a never-in-doubt win fans have this nagging questions if this team is real? Asking for a friend.
                Detroit is good. They will walk away with the NFC North. I don't think they are on the same level as Philadelphia or San Francisco. That probably limits them to the Divisional Round. But getting a Playoff 'W' should definitely be the expectation bar (i.e. anything beyond the Divisional Round is gravy, but a Wild Card loss would be disappointing).
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Is it a sign of an abusive relationship when even after a never-in-doubt win fans have this nagging questions if this team is real? Asking for a friend.
                  They're probably for real. A lot like the 1991 Lions. With the same problem. In 1991, it was called the "Washington Redskins". This year, it's called the "San Francisco 49ers."
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

They're probably for real. A lot like the 1991 Lions. With the same problem. In 1991, it was called the "Washington Redskins". This year, it's called the "San Francisco 49ers."
                    I guess the good news is my 'friend' won't need to worry about this feeling again until 2055. ;-)
                    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Detroit is good. They will walk away with the NFC North. I don't think they are on the same level as Philadelphia or San Francisco. That probably limits them to the Divisional Round. But getting a Playoff 'W' should definitely be the expectation bar (i.e. anything beyond the Divisional Round is gravy, but a Wild Card loss would be disappointing).
                      If I'm being honest, and not my poor attempt a humor, I do think they're good. If they can get/stay healthy they should win every game this season except maybe Dallas and Baltimore. It is wild to think they could go a regular season with only 3 losses.
                      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

If I'm being honest, and not my poor attempt a humor, I do think they're good. If they can get/stay healthy they should win every game this season except maybe Dallas and Baltimore. It is wild to think they could go a regular season with only 3 losses.
                        They certainly could go 14-3. Heck, if the Vikings last year could go 13-4, maybe Detroit will go 16-1 this year. : p Realistically, I think they finish somewhere around 12-5. @Baltimore, @Chargers, @Dallas, and then one of the games against the Vikings (very possibly the last game, where Detroit may have nothing to play for). That probably slots them in at the #3 seed.

Given that I can't stand Philadelphia or San Francisco (or Dallas for that matter, if they wind up in the mix), I'll gladly cheer for the Lions to make a run.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• The only two teams who haven't played in the NFC title game since 1991:

The Skins and Lions.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            The only two teams who haven't played in the NFC title game since 1991:

The Skins and Lions.
                            Sounds about right. 9yo me got a fever of 105 the day of SB26 and had to go to the hospital, missing the entire game. I was too young for SBs 17 and 22, and missed 26 after the entire season of lead-up, so I feel I'm still owed!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Yessir, that ol' defensive genius sure earned his stripes today. Derek effin' Carr tore him a new one.
                              To be fair, there was a defensive touchdown against NE's offense, and that same useless offense kept their defense off the field for a whopping 20 minutes. The defense isn't good without their best two players, but when your offense might genuinely be historically bad, we should probably look there first.

I'm glad I gave up on the NFL years ago, because this Patriots team is embarrassing. It may be time for BB to ride off into the sunset before he further ruins his legacy.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

To be fair, there was a defensive touchdown against NE's offense, and that same useless offense kept their defense off the field for a whopping 20 minutes. The defense isn't good without their best two players, but when your offense might genuinely be historically bad, we should probably look there first.

I'm glad I gave up on the NFL years ago, because this Patriots team is embarrassing. It may be time for BB to ride off into the sunset before he further ruins his legacy.
                                He ruined his legacy last year with his choices for Asst Coaches. Either he needs to go completely or go back to being coach only and hire a GM.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X