Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psych
    replied
    Do these people not realize Nancy Pelosi is a 49ers fan? They tried to f-cking kill her husband for Christ’s sake.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    I had absolutely zero interest in rooting for Kansas City, but the orcs might just do it.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    So I watched Dan Campbell's post game presser, and thinking about it a little more- the Lions were more in that game other than two really bad plays against them.

First was the long lucky catch after the ball bounced off the defender's head. While it was first and 10, the Lions had been doing a credible job containing SF. Even that play was defended really well, since the ball was overthrown. But instead of bouncing away, they had it first and goal- where SF is really outstanding. Had it not been for that, who knows if they would have been able to get a TD to turn the momentum a massive amount.

Which, IMHO, lead to the next big play- were Gibbs went to the wrong side of Goff- making the handoff really bad and the turnover. Setting SF up again deep in Detroit where they are so effective.

14 points that totally turned the momentum of the game upside down.

The 4th down prior to the first play is the only one I would really question, but even with that, I forgot that the Lions are really bad kicking the ball- so the odds of getting the first down was pretty close to getting the FG.

The second time they went for it, Campbell saw the momentum and knew that he needed to turn it around- he mentioned this in the presser. And during the season, they had been able to hit that and get the game back to them.

And since they didn't get it, they all started over playing- not containing Purdy when he scrambled- leading to 10 more points.

As the season wore down, they had figured out a way to deal with the bad open field tackling as well as the defensive backs. But those came back to bite them when it mattered so much.

So in terms of working the team- they really need to find a kicker, they really need to solidify the defensive backfield, especially the corners, and they need to find a good replacement for Ben Johnson. If they can pick up a good long term replacement for Goff, that would be awesome, too- but he's shown that he's capable enough to run this offense- they did score 31 on one of the best D's in the league. The receivers need to pick it up to help St Brown and LaPorta- just a handful of catches and they keep the ball moving. They don't need to be *as good* as those two, just better.

Lastly, they need to work with all of the running backs to recognize rushes better and protect better- that line is so very good, but they can only do so much. This is really important when the Lions get behind and have to throw- when they don't, they were really able to carve up the D with running and play action pass.

Anyway, needed to get that off to let the season go. They were so very good, and so much better than most expected. They could have won that game.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    DraftKings has SF -1.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

It was a team effort to lose that game.

Detroit is a handful of players from being a really good D. Mostly in the secondary.

Hopefully the the team does learn and improve instead of taking steps backwards next season.
    Lot of poor tackling by Detroit in that game.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    The Taylor Swift angle is just too damm good. Go Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    NFC game was for 2nd place anyway. No one beats Mahommes

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

And they win.

I'll take boring and winning any day of the week.
    Yup. It's what they do.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Joe Santriani & Stevie Vai
    I am seeing these guys when they play in DC. :-)

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Kepler has his eye on Ricky Martin the one night (slight nod over Tina fey & Amy prohler). The that trio playing murmur one night and reckoning the next. Then air supply after a night with joe santriani & Stevie vai
    book en Dano

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Whew the maga crew are completely melting down on social media. You hate to see it.

Go chiefs!!

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Bobby Layne showed up with a vengeance in the second half.

Dance with who brung ya and all that, but I think you gotta kick it on the 4th down in the 3rd to try to make it three scores. Especially when he already went conservative at the end of the first half kicking it from the three. And then there was running it on the last possession when you really couldn’t afford to get stopped and burn a timeout.
    And that run was curious, as SF got massive penetration on the prior play. But it is what it is.

Dan and all of the coaches as well as the players need to improve. Even the line let Purdy get out way too easily- they had him in a promising position and let him win the game with his legs. Let alone the number of times they had a chance to stop with a solid open field tackle. Add that to the drops on the offense- Goff is not good under pressure, and it seemed like Reynolds psyched himself out of some catches.

It was a team effort to lose that game.

Detroit is a handful of players from being a really good D. Mostly in the secondary.

Hopefully the the team does learn and improve instead of taking steps backwards next season.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Bobby Layne showed up with a vengeance in the second half.

Dance with who brung ya and all that, but I think you gotta kick it on the 4th down in the 3rd to try to make it three scores. Especially when he already went conservative at the end of the first half kicking it from the three. And then there was running it on the last possession when you really couldn’t afford to get stopped and burn a timeout.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Should Campbell have taken the points? The attitude he's brought in and the way he built the Lions up has been tremendous, but in the playoffs do you take the points when you can get them?
    While it is easy to second guess the decisions after they blew up in his face, the main one I heavily criticize is the fourth down attempt in the 3rd. You had a 17 point lead at half. Your defense had just held San Francisco to 3 points. Take the FG, and push it back to 3 scores.

I also disliked the call to go for it when it was 27-24. Take the FG, and tie it up.

It almost seemed like Campbell felt like he made a bad decision at the end of the first half to take 3 instead of going for the TD, and decided he was going to be hyper-aggressive in the second half. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Ugh. Go Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Niners are like watching paint dry, but they did come with the best unis they have, and one of the best in NFL history. Just zzz.... they're so inconsequential, like the Angels or the Devils. They're not cool, they're not dumb, they're not hateful, they're what if Lowes had a football team.
    And they win.

I'll take boring and winning any day of the week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X