Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Election Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    The only people who are dems who seem dead set on voting against democracy are some Muslims. I know in Michigan they’re actually prepping to train people to vote dem in all down ballot races but not for pres. They won’t vote for Donnie (unless they are hard right women haters of course) but they don’t give a **** that it could lead to Donnie deporting all their asses to wherever mommy and daddy were born
    That'll teach us!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I know in Michigan they're actually prepping to train people to vote dem in all down ballot races but not for pres.
      I don't know how to tackle that, honestly. I hope Tlaib isn't behind that movement, but it seems like exactly the kind of "let's shoot ourselves in the foot because principles" thing she'd support. She's pretty entrenched, so a primary challenge isn't likely to be much of a threat. I think we just have to hope that a majority of the Muslims eligible to vote are smart enough to consider that handing the state to Dump could be a pyrrhic victory, and they vote accordingly.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

        I don't know how to tackle that, honestly. I hope Tlaib isn't behind that movement, but it seems like exactly the kind of "let's shoot ourselves in the foot because principles" thing she'd support. She's pretty entrenched, so a primary challenge isn't likely to be much of a threat. I think we just have to hope that a majority of the Muslims eligible to vote are smart enough to consider that handing the state to Dump could be a pyrrhic victory, and they vote accordingly.
        Honestly the best move is not to do anything. The more they meet resistance the more they will fight back. Let them have their anger and spout their words and most likely by the end they will either make the correct choice or reap the world wind. I have a feeling that when push comes to shove Tlaib will endorse Biden which will render all of this moot we just need to not make things worse. I mean AOC is already out carrying water for Biden so I don't see the rest of The Squad going rogue.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

          I don't know how to tackle that, honestly. I hope Tlaib isn't behind that movement, but it seems like exactly the kind of "let's shoot ourselves in the foot because principles" thing she'd support. She's pretty entrenched, so a primary challenge isn't likely to be much of a threat. I think we just have to hope that a majority of the Muslims eligible to vote are smart enough to consider that handing the state to Dump could be a pyrrhic victory, and they vote accordingly.
          There was a house resolution today condemning Hamas sexual violence and she voted present

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

            There was a house resolution today condemning Hamas sexual violence and she voted present
            Hey sexual violence is great when it's against people you don't like!

            Tlaib going Right Wing on the bit I guess. This is a stupid self own that she can't blame on emotion.

            When this is all over I want people to remember the so called Liberals that spit in the face of Liberal and Progressive beliefs because of a religious affiliation. Jew, Muslim, Catholic...whatever.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rufus View Post

              No, I'm saying you're a ****ing douchebag twat who should shut your ****ing stupid *** cock holster.

              You said you wished you could change the political atmosphere in this country. That would be a good start.

              That clear enough for ya?
              I am WeAreNDHockey and I endorse this post.

              Comment


              • Let's face it. Elections are big business. And there's usually an exciting primary season, enough to give the chattering class months and months of content. And there isn't this year.

                So if you're a political consultant, or a cable news talking head. What do you do? You need to talk about something...




                It's like sports radio between the superbowl and March Madness. There's no real big story going on. So... make stuff up and rage about it.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                  There was a house resolution today condemning Hamas sexual violence and she voted present
                  She should have introduced a resolution condemning all sexual violence in the Gaza conflict. That would have made her point, and if the derps play that game there would be a talking point during the campaign.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                    Honestly the best move is not to do anything. The more they meet resistance the more they will fight back. Let them have their anger and spout their words and most likely by the end they will either make the correct choice or reap the world wind. I have a feeling that when push comes to shove Tlaib will endorse Biden which will render all of this moot we just need to not make things worse. I mean AOC is already out carrying water for Biden so I don't see the rest of The Squad going rogue.
                    Every Dem is going to endorse Biden. There are a few Dems who have particular issues on which Biden has been soft or prevaricating which those members are trying to shake some sort of more clear statement from the administration.

                    Remember Martin's warning: liberals are always the first to throw unpopular minorities under the bus for "practical reasons". Unless you are part of the squishy center-left, you are expendable. In the end, they get what they want, you vote because you have to. The fat American center has played that game now for a century. They always will, because they aren't on the business end of the day to day fight to survive in America. They are very free writing checks against others' lives and liberty as the "voice of sanity."

                    That's how bougie politics has always worked, from 1848 to Kerensky to Weimar, even to FDR, and then on Clinton and Bams. It is the horse we ride to make change short of bloodshed, so it is preferable. But actual rights and actual equality does deserve a public forum, briefly, and this is that. If there are Dems sniping at Biden in the Summer I'll criticize them, but for now they are using a moment of relative of leverage to try to gain some sort of recognition for unpopular principles, and that's how the Art of the Possible is done.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 02-15-2024, 12:53 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Reporter: what are you giving up for Lent?

                      Biden: You guys

                      While walking to church...but he is so old!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                        Hey sexual violence is great when it's against people you don't like!

                        Tlaib going Right Wing on the bit I guess. This is a stupid self own that she can't blame on emotion.

                        When this is all over I want people to remember the so called Liberals that spit in the face of Liberal and Progressive beliefs because of a religious affiliation. Jew, Muslim, Catholic...whatever.
                        It's a very odd play that feels like she's been spending too much time in Dearborn and not enough time in some of the other municipalities in her district. Muslims are very much a minority even in MI-12.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                          I live in a well-off suburb with a lot of older people. "Crime" here typically tops out at petty neighbor drama. Anyone from the burbs who says their top concern is crime, or says things like "What is happening to this country?!", I just assume has fallen down the RWNJ media rabbit hole and is huffing Tucker's farts.
                          The irony of these "concerns" is that many polls and studies of inner city residents shows that crime is third on their list of concerns. From the people who are living in it.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                            It's a very odd play that feels like she's been spending too much time in Dearborn and not enough time in some of the other municipalities in her district. Muslims are very much a minority even in MI-12.
                            Today, she endorsed an “uncommitted vote” in the Michigan primary and encouraged people to make their voices heard.

                            she can pull her little stunt for now, but if she refuses to endorse Biden in the end I hope she gets primaried to hell and back

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              she can pull her little stunt for now, but if she refuses to endorse Biden in the end I hope she gets primaried to hell and back
                              Yes. This.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

                                The irony of these "concerns" is that many polls and studies of inner city residents shows that crime is third on their list of concerns. From the people who are living in it.
                                Per capita crime is higher in rural than urban districts.

                                The idiocy of the countryside includes criminality. The Right is projecting again.

                                "It is my belief, Watson, founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.… The pressure of public opinion can do in the town what the law cannot accomplish. There is no lane so vile that the scream of a tortured child, or the thud of a drunkard's blow, does not beget sympathy and indignation among the neighbours, and then the whole machinery of justice is ever so close that a word of complaint can set it going, and there is but a step between the crime and the dock. But look at these lonely houses, each in its own fields, filled for the most part with poor ignorant folk who know little of the law. Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser."

                                — "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches"
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X