Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, I'm aware of the circumstances that are causing the issue. The problem is that no one is speaking directly to the people that are currently hurting the economy. No regulations are being put in place to limit the corporate rape that is occurring. If you price people out of your game, eventually the bubble goes pop. Actively show that you're trying to help these people. Pass legislation that will help someone who is forced to buy food that is about to go out of date cause it's at a discount. Do something to allow people to put away part of their paycheck instead of needing to spend it all on essentials every week. Don't just say that the economy is doing great and point to Globex Corp. making $Texas as a reason for that.

You can't have people being able to afford X, Y, and Z and not expect them to get angry when they have those extra luxuries taken away.

It's like when pro sports teams price people out of the arena and then wonder why they can't build relationships with younger consumers who never had the experience of seeing a game live.

Running on a "lesser of two evils" strategy is NOT a long term winner.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

And how can the Dems explain it any better than they have? Sorry but why was it 5 years ago all anyone cared about in the economy was the market, inflation and unemployment and now those are at ridiculous levels that isn't what anyone cares about?

It's not just corporate greed btw...consumer greed plays in a well. People buying things they don't need on credit and upgrading every chance they get.

We have spent 40 years destroying the Middle Class that took decades to build (often by the actions of the Middle Class acting against their own interests) and now the Dems are fixing it but they are being punished for not doing it fast enough? Sounds about right for this selfish azz country.

If people vote against Biden because of Inflation i rank it up there with Muslims voting against him over Israel or anyone due to his age. Next time you gane a complaint don't call me I will call you. I'm sure prices will drop under the GOP...and wages for sure will go up!

Maybe I should take the tact some do with abortion in Red States...if you can't live on your wage move or get a new job! (No I don't mean that)
      Separate tangent here:

This has a lot to do with society. You have an entire generation that was told that if you rent outside of a major city, you're a loser. If you have a car that keeps falling apart, you're a loser. If you don't take vacations, you're a loser.

Society stigmatizes people not having money to burn. Because a generation of people realize they're effed on having a retirement fund, they have instead opted to "live in the moment" and enjoy some life experiences instead. You choose to have some fun now, cause when you're older w/o medical coverage and living off of ramen noodles, you're not gonna be able to do so.

This is another social norm that Boomers instilled here in the US and it's killing the middle class.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• They can do a better job messaging, no doubt. Why his staff didn’t have him out in Dearborn trying to listen to people woulda been a nice idea too

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Look, I'm aware of the circumstances that are causing the issue. The problem is that no one is speaking directly to the people that are currently hurting the economy. No regulations are being put in place to limit the corporate rape that is occurring. If you price people out of your game, eventually the bubble goes pop. Actively show that you're trying to help these people. Pass legislation that will help someone who is forced to buy food that is about to go out of date cause it's at a discount. Do something to allow people to put away part of their paycheck instead of needing to spend it all on essentials every week. Don't just say that the economy is doing great and point to Globex Corp. making $Texas as a reason for that.

You can't have people being able to afford X, Y, and Z and not expect them to get angry when they have those extra luxuries taken away.

It's like when pro sports teams price people out of the arena and then wonder why they can't build relationships with younger consumers who never had the experience of seeing a game live.

You want regulations...take back the House and hold the Senate. Biden can't just unilaterally impose regulations otherwise my student loans wouldn't exist.

You are basically blaming the coach for decisions the GM made.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Separate tangent here:

This has a lot to do with society. You have an entire generation that was told that if you rent outside of a major city, you're a loser. If you have a car that keeps falling apart, you're a loser. If you don't take vacations, you're a loser.

Society stigmatizes people not having money to burn. Because a generation of people realize they're effed on having a retirement fund, they have instead opted to "live in the moment" and enjoy some life experiences instead. You choose to have some fun now, cause when you're older w/o medical coverage and living off of ramen noodles, you're not gonna be able to do so.

This is another social norm that Boomers instilled here in the US and it's killing the middle class.
            Exactly what I was getting at. The Boomers taught us to spend like there will never be a rainy day...the check never comes due. This is what happens when you live long enough yo see it. That is why I hear friends of my parents whining about social security not covering their needs after 30 years of whining about taxes.

You want to know the real cause of all this...things are finally catching up. The government and businesses artificially kept wages below liveable and spent without taxing. Everyone whined they didn't like taxes so instead of sensible tax rates (like say the Clinton Rates) they are ridiculously low while spending never goes down. It was bad enough when the government just did it but half this country does.

Imagine how bad it would get if things cost what they really should. How expensive would a cellphone or other tech be without Asian Slave Labor?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• BTW in a move straight from the University of Wisconsin the Right was circulating pictures of Black MAGA signing up voters. One of the people had 3 arms because the picture was an AI photoshop!
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

BTW in a move straight from the University of Wisconsin the Right was circulating pictures of Black MAGA signing up voters. One of the people had 3 arms because the picture was an AI photoshop!
                That was amazing! The three armed man

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

That was amazing! The three armed man
                  I almost spit out my drink at the airport when I saw it!

Also...Fox polling has Biden at 50% against Trump up 3 points from December.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They can do a better job messaging, no doubt. Why his staff didn’t have him out in Dearborn trying to listen to people woulda been a nice idea too
                    In Dearborn? If you think the protesters in Palo Alto were unhinged, imagine the reception he'd get in the largest Islamic community in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

In Dearborn? If you think the protesters in Palo Alto were unhinged, imagine the reception he'd get in the largest Islamic community in the US.
                      I’m aware. I’m saying he should have been attempting to listen to those communities before they had a chance to launch their unhinged campaigns against him. He has an incredible ability to listen with empathy.

Some women have been turned away from recent campaign events and made a fuss- turns out they’re women who have been disrupting and ruining all kinds of events so ya, now they’re banned
                      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 02-01-2024, 10:39 PM.

Comment

You want regulations...take back the House and hold the Senate. Biden can't just unilaterally impose regulations otherwise my student loans wouldn't exist.

You are basically blaming the coach for decisions the GM made.
                        Ds had the house and senate.
                        it isn’t D v R.
                        it’s rich vs poor.
                        if you ain’t rich you’re poor.
                        every pol is rich
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

But isn't this the way most voters have seen most presidential elections for a long time now? And I'm sorry but elections like 1992 or 2008 or most of the ones in my lifetime may have been a choice between "the lesser of two evils" but for the last 3 cycles now the choice has not been the lesser of two evils. It has been a choice between an actual traitor in every sense of the word as it pertains to American government and the ideals of this country, and someone who doesn't quite have all of the interests in the average American as their most important tasks.

I'd vote for some of you on this forum if it was a choice between you and Joe Biden (or Hilary Clinton). But none of you are running are you. The notion that anyone out there who is a woman, a racial, ethnic or religious minority, a working or middle class wage earner, a young person, a person with an emotional or physical difficulty, a person who believes in the potential of people, or pretty much anyone who isn't a bigoted, racist RICH white male could vote for anyone BUT Joe Biden this time around is nonsense. We live in a world where we often have very few choices. At least we have this one. Americans who DON'T see this are being willfully blind. Or they are racist white males. It's hard for me to have sympathy for any of them. In fact at some point its hard for me to see them as anything BUT the enemy.

Comment

I’m aware. I’m saying he should have been attempting to listen to those communities before they had a chance to launch their unhinged campaigns against him. He has an incredible ability to listen with empathy.
                            I see your point. He should at least try, even if it's Tlaib Territory.

Comment

..consumer greed plays in as well. People buying things they don't need on credit and upgrading every chance they get.
                              Correct. Sort of like buying a CR-V with a loan to cover 48.5% of the cost, when the Accord was only a 2017. And the stock market is at an all time high. And unemployment is the lowest in the history of mankind. And you have a Doctor wife and more intelligence in your little keyboard finger than the rest of us combined. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

But isn't this the way most voters have seen most presidential elections for a long time now? And I'm sorry but elections like 1992 or 2008 or most of the ones in my lifetime may have been a choice between "the lesser of two evils" but for the last 3 cycles now the choice has not been the lesser of two evils. It has been a choice between an actual traitor in every sense of the word as it pertains to American government and the ideals of this country, and someone who doesn't quite have all of the interests in the average American as their most important tasks.

I'd vote for some of you on this forum if it was a choice between you and Joe Biden (or Hilary Clinton). But none of you are running are you. The notion that anyone out there who is a woman, a racial, ethnic or religious minority, a working or middle class wage earner, a young person, a person with an emotional or physical difficulty, a person who believes in the potential of people, or pretty much anyone who isn't a bigoted, racist RICH white male could vote for anyone BUT Joe Biden this time around is nonsense. We live in a world where we often have very few choices. At least we have this one. Americans who DON'T see this are being willfully blind. Or they are racist white males. It's hard for me to have sympathy for any of them. In fact at some point it’s hard for me to see them as anything BUT the enemy.
                                In my defense, this is only the second presidential election I’m legally allowed to run in…
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X