Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Election Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not a great omen that the country where the people who founded the US sailed from elected a far right leader. More turbulent times ahead.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

    Comment


    • Lmao rolling stone says trump plans to run as a moderate on abortion, anti abortion people have no leverage on him

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Lmao rolling stone says trump plans to run as a moderate on abortion, anti abortion people have no leverage on him
        He just gave an interview where he bragged about helping bring down Roe v. Wade. I’d ask how gullible his followers are, I don’t know how to describe the depths of such slavish devotion.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

        "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

        "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

        Comment


        • Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Not a great omen that the country where the people who founded the US sailed from elected a far right leader. More turbulent times ahead.
            Is that a worse omen than the US actually electing a far right leader? Cause, already happened.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

            Comment


            • In a majorly irrelevant victory, Nikki Haley has secured the support of the Koch Foundation. Maybe now the anti-Trump segment that remains in the GQP can coalesce around her and get her all the way to 30%, so she can lose by infinity to Trump.


              I mean, really. The time to do this was in 2015/2016. You aren't getting the toothpaste back in the tube. The GOP as we knew it is dead. Kick and scream all you like, but it's dead and will take multiple electoral losses before those cretins are excised from the party. If they ever are.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                In a majorly irrelevant victory, Nikki Haley has secured the support of the Koch Foundation. Maybe now the anti-Trump segment that remains in the GQP can coalesce around her and get her all the way to 30%, so she can lose by infinity to Trump.


                I mean, really. The time to do this was in 2015/2016. You aren't getting the toothpaste back in the tube. The GOP as we knew it is dead. Kick and scream all you like, but it's dead and will take multiple electoral losses before those cretins are excised from the party. If they ever are.
                The Koch Brothers are part of the disease that has destroyed the Republican party. I'd like to see them go bankrupt supporting someone other than Trump. That would be some small justice.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Swansong View Post


                  You aren't getting the toothpaste back in the tube. The GOP as we knew it is dead. Kick and scream all you like, but it's dead and will take multiple electoral losses before those cretins are excised from the party. If they ever are.
                  Never gonna happen. The GOP is now and forever will be the MAGA GQP. And until the next world war, it's probably not gonna change much. Has there been any reason for it to be anything else since trump? They won the house back, the have a decent chance at retaking the senate in 2024, and if the polls are to be believed, a similar chance at the presidency. They control governors mansions in 26 states and more state government trifectas (22) than the democrats (17).

                  No one knows what November of 2024 is going to bring as far as control of anything, but one thing I would bet my life on is we're going to be closely divided one way or another, and the republican party is still going to have a lot of life left to it, and no matter what they end up controlling, it is still going to be a large swath of the country.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                    The Koch Brothers are part of the disease that has destroyed the Republican party. I'd like to see them go bankrupt supporting someone other than Trump. That would be some small justice.
                    Remember that discussion on some thread about Elon Musk never going bankrupt? Same applies to the Koch brothers.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

                      Remember that discussion on some thread about Elon Musk never going bankrupt? Same applies to the Koch brothers.
                      Brother singular, IINM. The opera one croaked; the wine one is still alive.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                        The Koch Brothers are part of the disease that has destroyed the Republican party. I'd like to see them go bankrupt supporting someone other than Trump. That would be some small justice.
                        Brother
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                        Comment


                        • Damn it. Kepler beat me to the punch
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            ...Maybe now the anti-Trump segment that remains in the GQP can coalesce around her and get her all the way to 30%, so she can lose by infinity to Trump. ...
                            Chris Christie was on CNBC this morning, and while I don't recall the exact percentages, of New Hampshire registered Republican voters, some 3/5th to 4/5th-ish majority would vote for Trump. But, in a follow up question, almost 3/4ths of those voters could be swayed to vote for 'any R but Trump.'

                            The private hand wringing we hear from the R side is bleeding into their voters as well.


                            Christie also seems to be finding more ground to plant firmly within, he seems to have stepped off the idea of riding Trump's coattails as policy, instead promoting a more 'let the people guide us (state voters) instead of us blanketing the people.'
                            Last edited by aparch; 11-29-2023, 12:15 AM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                            Live Radio from 100.3

                            Comment


                            • So Newsom and desantis are debating tonight?

                              saw a clip. Gavin is so good at this. And his closing line :

                              “But there's one thing in closing that we have in common, is neither of us will be the nominee for our party in 2024.”

                              Comment


                              • That's.... a really good closing line
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X