Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - and this is informational for me and I'm not challenging this - but is there a sliding scale at 80k? I like this as a concept, but as always the devil is truly in the details. If my AGI is $79,999, do I get the full benefit, but if it's $80,000 do I get nothing?
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I don't know they just negotiated the deal and have not read it yet. I honestly didn't even know it was a thing...

This would have changed everything for me. Money cost me two years...I would have easily graduated in 5 with no debt and likely am on a different path. Of course I also miss out on a ton as well so...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        Question - and this is informational for me and I'm not challenging this - but is there a sliding scale at 80k? I like this as a concept, but as always the devil is truly in the details. If my AGI is $79,999, do I get the full benefit, but if it's $80,000 do I get nothing?
        The way it was written when introduced, and the way it's been reported in the papers, is that at $79,999 you get the full benefit, at $80,000, you get zip. And you have to complete the FAFSA, so it makes me wonder to what extent they attribute your parents income in calculating the "adjusted gross household income."
        Last edited by SJHovey; 05-10-2023, 11:20 AM.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Of course Tennessee.

This is vile: In Tennessee, a teacher planned a Mother's Day lesson that was sensitive to kids without moms. Activists smeared her as a groomer. The lesson was canceled. Incredibly, one of the books they objected to is about a bear who raises goslings!

Caroline Mickey, a teacher and librarian, planned a lesson that would celebrate those who "fill motherly roles in our lives." She announced readings of "Stella Brings the Family" and "Mother Bruce." Enraged right wing activists got the lesson killed:

I interviewed this teacher about the right's deranged assault. “We have students who don’t have mothers," she said. "But everyone has somebody who loves them the way a mother does.” This was attacked as pedophilia, anti-birth moms, and anti-Christian:

These books are not controversial. They are about a girl's anxiety about having two dads on Mother's Day, and a bear's struggles to take on a motherly role toward goslings. Yet the far right is successfully bullying officials into doing their bidding:

It's crucial to see that this form of politics is really about the manufacturing of enemies. The point isn't just to marginalize LGBTQ people. It's also actively designed to encourage parents to see leftist groomers lurking around every corner. It's vile:

Comment

• That bear was just grooming those goslings to be lunch.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Of course Tennessee.
              Whoever called Moms For Liberty "Klanned Karenhood" deserves a prize!
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Klan Karenhood is better, but yes.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Those farkers are behind every book ban in the country. Cute nicknames are too good for them.

Comment

• This is so Texas. Stay for the "wait, what?" moment.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      This is so Texas. Stay for the "wait, what?" moment.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is so Texas. Stay for the "wait, what?" moment.
                        So the hogs won?

Also, were there 30 to 50 of them and were they feral?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Jeebus. When I lived in KS, I met a guy who hunted feral hogs in TX with dogs. Nasty business. They trained the dogs for different specialties: detecting, tracking, fighting, etc. The prize dogs were the "catch" dogs who would leap and lock their jaws on the throat of the hog. Once the dogs had done all the work and the hog was exhausted and bleeding out, the mighty hunter would then approach and kill the hog with a knife. So manly. So virile.

But at least there were no helicopters involved.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• You okay, Grand Rapids?
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Hey, if he wouldn’t have been able to bring the backpack, he would have never had a gun at school!!

Comment

You okay, Grand Rapids?
                                I live there.

We're really not okay.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X