Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Maybe A National Divorce Is A Good Idea After All

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sounds like he was yelling that he didn’t have food or meds and would get those in jail.

    there’s sub doing and then there’s killing

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      They also want third grade and up to start combat training- dressing gunshot wounds.

      we are beyond traumatizing our kids. But hey at least drew gets his pew pew guns
      Grooming them for their right wing fascist corps.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rufus View Post

        Grooming them for their right wing fascist corps.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

        Live Radio from 100.3

        Comment


        • Was he brandishing a weapon? Did he swing first? Basically, was there a legit imminent threat of bodily harm or death?

          If none of the above mitigating circumstances are present, then the perp should fry for aggravated assault and, at a minimum, negligent homicide. Perhaps manslaughter. Maybe even murder 2 if he kept choking the guy after he stopped fighting and was down/out. You don't get to just assault and/or kill homeless people because they're inconveniencing your morning commute.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            They also want third grade and up to start combat training- dressing gunshot wounds.

            we are beyond traumatizing our kids. But hey at least drew gets his pew pew guns
            And they want to rob people like you and I of our bodily autonomy.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

            Comment


            • A judge has refused Rep Zooey's legal bid to re-enter the Montana state house.

              She was booted for "violating decorum," which is code for "you got uppity. Shoulda kept your mouth shut. Shoulda stayed out of the way."
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

              Comment


              • Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Nice one, KY:

                  https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/03/busin...lle/index.html

                  i read stories like this and all I can think is, “what this country needs is fewer damn regulations.”
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Was he brandishing a weapon? Did he swing first? Basically, was there a legit imminent threat of bodily harm or death?

                    If none of the above mitigating circumstances are present, then the perp should fry for aggravated assault and, at a minimum, negligent homicide. Perhaps manslaughter. Maybe even murder 2 if he kept choking the guy after he stopped fighting and was down/out. You don't get to just assault and/or kill homeless people because they're inconveniencing your morning commute.
                    Sounds like he wasn’t attacking anyone, just being loud and behaving erratically. I know the policy at my hospital is to kill any patient, without question, when they are loud and behaving erratically. Start with the most restrictive measure, death, and work our way backwards from there.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Nice one, KY:

                      https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/03/busin...lle/index.html

                      i read stories like this and all I can think is, “what this country needs is fewer damn regulations.”
                      There’s a good chance with all of their heavy meth and fentanyl use that they looked to be in their 20s. Can’t speak for why a blue state like Maryland would have the same problem though.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by psych View Post

                        There’s a good chance with all of their heavy meth and fentanyl use that they looked to be in their 20s.
                        The two 10 year olds were children of the night manager, who brought them to work with him. The story doesn't say, but I'd be willing to bet it was some sort of daycare issue. It isn't even clear they were "employed" by the restaurant.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                        Comment


                        • There is no way they were "employed" legally, so either Hovey's suggestion that the manager brought them in with him, or it's out and out fraud.


                          Now, to me the interesting story is why the manager brought them in with him. Was it a lack of childcare? Is he a complete god damned moron? Both?
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            There is no way they were "employed" legally, so either Hovey's suggestion that the manager brought them in with him, or it's out and out fraud.


                            Now, to me the interesting story is why the manager brought them in with him. Was it a lack of childcare? Is he a complete god damned moron? Both?
                            Yeah, these are good questions. Questions that the very terrible CNN story didn't even begin to address.

                            It's really what bothers me about that story, and especially the headline.

                            I don't know what the deal is with this night manager, but obviously he or she is working a crappy shift trying to support at least two young children. Getting daycare can suck, especially at odd hours such as that. They aren't going to be at school at those hours, and leaving young kids at home alone isn't an option.

                            So I could see this night manager taking the only way out and bringing them with him or her to the restaurant, obviously a less than ideal situation.

                            But now, because of the OMG, 10 year olds Caught in Slave Labor Racket story pushed on us by CNN, I have no doubt the night manager will probably lose his or her job, and that sucks.

                            Violating child labor laws isn't acceptable, but that story reeked of National Enquirer level journalism.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                            Comment


                            • Maybe he figured his crotchfruit were his to use as work units. Free market efficiency. Murray Rothbard would approve.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • The kids were not sitting at tables in the restaurant coloring while their daddy worked. They were in the back, performing tasks normally done by employees. Color ME unsurprised that our resident conservatives are not horrified by this.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X