Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: Cause the other one is broken.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I mean it's either the VFW, the church, or the strip club, right?
    Close. Day care center.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

This is a work, and I'm surprised it fooled Beau.

Fox knows exactly what they're doing here. They have multiple goals:
      • Humanize the empty suit that is Jesse Waters, after years of Tucker. Let Waters establish himself as "just a dude with a mom that he loves".
      • Let someone friendly but hopelessly naive express non-conservative views so they can simultaneously claim to be "fair and balanced" and also use it to rail against. "Sure, she thinks that, but she's like 100 and has no idea how the world works."
      It's actually not entitely a work...his Mom is pretty outspoken as thinking his beliefs are trash.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Close. Day care center.
        Had no idea there was anybody under 60 in those MI towns.

Which tells you about the strip club.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It's actually not entitely a work...his Mom is pretty outspoken as thinking his beliefs are trash.
          Perhaps, but from Fox's perspective, she's there to be a foil.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Grand Haven, MI, is hosting Kyle Rittenhouse and other MAGA loons this weekend, but will not disclose the location.
            Probably the county commission boardroom where Ottawa Impact meets.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Grand Haven, MI, is hosting Kyle Rittenhouse and other MAGA loons this weekend, but will not disclose the location.
              And afterwards, he is reportedly headed to another event in Ionia on this extension of his poutrage tour.

Comment

• I'm sure I'll see a bunch of signs with something like "Murder is a sin" or something like that, right??
                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• CMT pulled Jason aldean video for his song that talks about what he’d do if someone came for his guns.

video shot where a certain high profile lynching took place. What a piece of ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    CMT pulled Jason aldean video for his song that talks about what he’d do if someone came for his guns.

video shot where a certain high profile lynching took place. What a piece of ****
                    Aldean’s statement:
                    In the statement associated with the release, he said: "When u grow up in a small town, it's that unspoken rule of 'we all have each other's backs and we look out for each other.' It feels like somewhere along the way, that sense of community and respect has gotten lost. Deep down, we are all ready to get back to that. I hope my new music video helps y'all know that u are not alone in feeling that way. Go check it out!"
                    The lyrics:
                    "Cuss out a cop, spit in his face / Stomp on the flag and light it up / Yeah, ya think you're tough / Well, try that in a small town / See how far ya make it down the road / Around here, we take care of our own / You cross that line, it won't take long / For you to find out, I recommend you don't / Try that in a small town,”
                    Real sense of community and respect there guy.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Nashville never fails to sink to new lows. I used to casually like Toby Keith's music. It was basic pop-twang - cheeky and sophomoric, but catchy. Then after 9/11, he staked his profits on the Meal Team Six crowd and went full derp.

Looking up the lyrics, this Aldean song appears to be exactly what you'd expect for a suburban, jacked pickup, redneck cosplay anthem given the current state of the American Overton window in 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Nashville never fails to sink to new lows. I used to casually like Toby Keith's music. It was basic pop-twang - cheeky and sophomoric, but catchy. Then after 9/11, he staked his profits on the Meal Team Six crowd and went full derp.

Looking up the lyrics, this Aldean song appears to be exactly what you'd expect for a suburban, jacked pickup, redneck cosplay anthem given the current state of the American Overton window in 2023.
                        My enjoyment of country music stops with the swelling of bro country in the mid aughts. There is a swinging of the pendulum with 9/11, but it was about 2004 when bro country started its choke hold.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Nashville never fails to sink to new lows. I used to casually like Toby Keith's music. It was basic pop-twang - cheeky and sophomoric, but catchy. Then after 9/11, he staked his profits on the Meal Team Six crowd and went full derp.

Aldean is from Macon and has lived in LA and Nashville, he knows about as much of small towns as a kid from Brooklyn. When Bo Burnham wrote Pandering he was pretty much talking about Aldean.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Aldean is from Macon and has lived in LA and Nashville, he knows about as much of small towns as a kid from Brooklyn. When Bo Burnham wrote Pandering he was pretty much talking about Aldean.
                            That's the kicker though: ALL Conservatives can "relate" to small towns, even if they can never make it to one. It's become part of the lifestyle.

I've posted several times about my disdain for "Chicago Conservatives" (lifelong city or "close-in" suburb residents) who abhor all the typical "big city" tropes. But surprisingly none of that stuff EVER happens in their neighborhood. It's always **insert actual rough/downtrodden neighborhood** that they make the whole city seem like.

Many of these types listen to "Pop Country".
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That's the kicker though: ALL Conservatives can "relate" to small towns, even if they can never make it to one. It's become part of the lifestyle.

I've posted several times about my disdain for "Chicago Conservatives" (lifelong city or "close-in" suburb residents) who abhor all the typical "big city" tropes. But surprisingly none of that stuff EVER happens in their neighborhood. It's always **insert actual rough/downtrodden neighborhood** that they make the whole city seem like.

Many of these types listen to "Pop Country".
                              Yeah, it’s a universal thing. We have plenty of them here in Alaska too.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Yeah, it’s a universal thing. We have plenty of them here in Alaska too.
                                So up there it's people who live in "downtown" Anchorage, yet act like they are Marty from Mountain Men?
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X