Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: Cause the other one is broken.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Well no ****, people with brain cells don’t vote R

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...3v2cVkMjQylOVg
    What better way to appeal to Gen z (who is killing them) than to make it harder for them to vote.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Ronny Ticking Off His Own State Party
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Its more than you thought they would win...I seem to remember you telling us how hard it would be for Dominion to prove Faux did anything wrong. Oops...
        We were also all drama queens for thinking roe v wade would ever be touched remember

Comment

We were also all drama queens for thinking roe v wade would ever be touched remember
          Worse. We were Drag Queen Drama Queens. The worst kind.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Guilty as charged on this one. I'll own this until I die.

:-(
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Its more than you thought they would win...I seem to remember you telling us how hard it would be for Dominion to prove Faux did anything wrong. Oops...
              Back when the case was announced, the general consensus around here was that this would bury Fox News. Everyone was so excited. My posts (and they are all still there) reminded people that defamation cases are not easy cases. Aside from all of the First Amendment issues, Dominion was still going to have to come in and prove actual damages.

However, I believe that I also predicted that the parties would have their fun litigating the case, and it would then be settled. Oops.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This really surprises me. I assumed he was taking the FL shtick national because he assumed if it played in podunk it would play in the 10,000 podunks in this country. And indeed I was thinking he was probably right.

But if this isn't even selling in FL, what's he gonna be President of? Mississippi?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This really surprises me. I assumed he was taking the FL shtick national because he assumed if it played in podunk it would play in the 10,000 podunks in this country. And indeed I was thinking he was probably right.

But if this isn't even selling in FL, what's he gonna be President of? Mississippi?
                  It's more like the Republican Party isn't monolithic either. But, they all lockstep in when they vote or legislate or Judge a case.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Back when the case was announced, the general consensus around here was that this would bury Fox News. Everyone was so excited. My posts (and they are all still there) reminded people that defamation cases are not easy cases. Aside from all of the First Amendment issues, Dominion was still going to have to come in and prove actual damages.

However, I believe that I also predicted that the parties would have their fun litigating the case, and it would then be settled. Oops.
                    You also said it'd be settled for "Gretchen Carlson tittie money", and scoffed at the settlement being anywhere close to $1.3 billion in more than one post. Does $787 million qualify as tittie money nowadays, or were you just plain f-cking wrong again?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Kate_Riga24/stat...143731215?s=20

This is a Republican wish list, crafted not to become law but as a rhetorical aid. And what policies made it into their dream package? Making it harder for poor people to get food/health care, shredding climate progress, hobbling agencies + blocking any future student loan relief
                      https://twitter.com/RollingStone/sta...721690114?s=20

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell was ordered to pay $5 million to a 63-year-old Trump voter who debunked his claim that China interfered in the 2020 election based on data Lindell provided.

Regarding FNC - they could tell the truth and still get viewers because there's just that much hatred out there on the right. They shouldn't have to embellish at all. None of the yucks that watch would ever switch to CNN or MSNBC even if FNC went straight.

Comment

• Aaah, the debt ceiling. They're hold the full faith and credit of the United States hostage to stream more billions to people who already have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          https://twitter.com/Kate_Riga24/stat...143731215?s=20

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/sta...721690114?s=20

Regarding FNC - they could tell the truth and still get viewers because there's just that much hatred out there on the right. They shouldn't have to embellish at all. None of the yucks that watch would ever switch to CNN or MSNBC even if FNC went straight.
                          They would switch to OANN or Newsmax.

They're f-cked. They played themselves.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Aaah, the debt ceiling. They're hold the full faith and credit of the United States hostage to stream more billions to people who already have it.
                            My offer, Senator, is this.

Give them nothing. Everybody except the cultitsts know the GOP is no longer anything but a terrorist organization. Stop talking to them. Stop negotiating with them. Do not even acknowledge they exist.

Put together our own wish list and get it out there in front of the voters. Accept we will not accomplish anything for the next 2 years. Dare the GOP to destroy the global economy.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• For lack of a better thread..

Some looney toon that considers himself a centrist posted this word salad trying to defend a vote for RFKJr. jfc

RFKJ unites the populist left and populist right. You see the lemmings disqualifying him by trying to tie him to Steve Bannon, as if that's a bad thing. Bannon himself is a revolting figure but he brings with him the populist right. Populist as in a lot of people and a lot of disaffected voters. Getting right wingers to go along with a guy who will give us the GND is a GOOD thing.

It is for precisely this reason that RFKJ would never be the allowed to take the nomination, no matter what. Because the democrat party is a corporate cabal and not a real political party and the DNC primary is a sideshow and not an election.

Ralph Nader predicted a merger between the populist left and right against the corporate oligarchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

You also said it'd be settled for "Gretchen Carlson tittie money", and scoffed at the settlement being anywhere close to $1.3 billion in more than one post. Does $787 million qualify as tittie money nowadays, or were you just plain f-cking wrong again?
                                Maybe dominion can take the settlement money and use it to buy titties for transgender women? Win-win!

Comment

Working...
                                X