Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Offseason: The Saints won the Superbowl, and are now Marchin on to the NFL Draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Offseason: The Saints won the Superbowl, and are now Marchin on to the NFL Draft.

Continue on with your thoughts from the Superbowl. Like how the Saint's win here means that there's still hope for a long suffering Lion's fan like myself. Other thoughts and commits about the halftime show perhaps, interesting human interest stories from the game, and I'm sure soon enough we'll start coming up with how the NFL Draft will go down.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

1. People hating on The Who half-time show are stupid
    2. Yeah, nobody can beat the Colts and they're "efficient offense"

Comment

Re: NFL Offseason: The Saints won the Superbowl, and are now Marchin on to the NFL Draft.

Who's your pick, mookie? No pressure or anything...

Comment

Re: NFL Offseason: The Saints won the Superbowl, and are now Marchin on to the NFL Draft.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        1. People hating on The Who half-time show are stupid
        2. Yeah, nobody can beat the Colts and they're "efficient offense"

1. I like The Who, but they sounded worse than complete crap. It was painful.
        2. That was a very even game. One mistake (the INT) pretty much sealed the game. Was there even a punt in the second half? Both offenses just picked apart the other's defenses.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Who laid down a blistering set at the Concert for New York after 9/11. They have played legendary shows. Yesterday's performance did not live up to those standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            1. I like The Who, but they sounded worse than complete crap. It was painful.
            2. That was a very even game. One mistake (the INT) pretty much sealed the game. Was there even a punt in the second half? Both offenses just picked apart the other's defenses.
            On point number two, I hardly think the Colts walked up and down the field in the second half. After the 96 yard drive their lack of offense cost them the game. In fact the stalled drive that ended up having the coach attempt a 51 yarder with Stover (which I felt was the dumbest coaching move of the game) was the turning point of the game.

Give The Who a break. Their 96 years old and on Geritol now. It was a great set for being that ancient.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Give The Who a break. Their 96 years old and on Geritol now. It was a great set for being that ancient.
              The more I listed to The Who yesterday, the more I wished Prince was doing the show.
              "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                The Who laid down a blistering set at the Concert for New York after 9/11. They have played legendary shows. Yesterday's performance did not live up to those standards.
                Indeed, no one was trampled to death or passed out behind the drums.
                Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                  Indeed, no one was trampled to death or passed out behind the drums.

The Who had absolutely nothing to do with the carnage that occured prior to that concert.

Comment

I watched the post-game show on the NFL Network, around 11:20 p.m. EST they played Manning's comments. Yeesh, same look as Brady in Superbowl 42, on 98.5 this morning they were commenting on www.manningface.com and the photos there.

Dion Sanders gave Manning a bunch of trouble: He basically said that everyone looks at Manning and they give him the MVP, yet has only one Superbowl win to show for it. He also alluded that Peyton Manning is the new Brett Favre choking in the big game.

I was rooting for the Saints, just to see someone else win the thing for a change.

Comment

My thoughts:

1) SCREW YOU MANNING, AND YOUR IDIOT FAMILY!!!!!

ahem, sorry...moving on:

2) Couldn't be happier for the Saints. I was down there in December and those fans were really, really into the team this year, kinda like the Pats fans during their 1st SB run. Good for them. Just wish I had been on Bourbon St last night.

3) I didn't get all the so called experts calling this game for the Colts "no problem". I watched both teams play the Pats. The Colts couldn't even stop the poor playcalling offense of the Pats and should have lost the game were it not for an idiot Maroney fumble. Meantime the Saints gave NE a beatdown like I've never seen in the Belichick era. Neutralize a gimpy Freeney and Brees was going to pick apart that weak secondary all day.

4) Its not that I mind Manning per se, but somebody in his entourage needs to speak with him about the term "overexposure". Likewise, as long as Montana exists I don't know how you can even consider Manning "the greatest QB ever" not to mention Elway, etc.

5) Missing in a lot of coverage is the Saints kicker booting 3 critical long field goals to keep his team's momentum. Miss those and not only are the Saints behind two scores, but you give the Colts great field position.

6) Ballsiest call ever on the onside kick.

7) Can't believe the Colts didn't try to score after the goal line stand. 3 time outs, almost 2 minutes left. I could see visions of a killer TD with time running out in the half. Instead they give the ball back and put the Saints back in the game.

8) Wasn't it nice not to have Madden announcing?

9) Refs did a very good job calling this one fair, unlike previous Super Bowl. Never thought I'd say that, but all the ticky tack pass interference penalties the Colts live for never happened.

10) SCREW YOU MANNING!!!! (did I mention that already????)
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The reason for the 2 hour puppy bowl was the Instant Dog Licking Water Bowl Replays and the 15 minute Kitten Halftime Show.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

America really loves underdogs and the Saints certainly were (if you paid any attention to the "experts," that is). Their "D" stood up and held the Colts to 7 points in the second half, proving once again that defense wins championships. After the Colts got 10 points with their first 9 plays, who would have thought that they could lose that game, not me.

I've posted before about how loyal Saints fans have been over decades of absolutely horrible teams. I was in Baton Rouge, listening on the radio, when they managed to lose to Tampa for the Bucs first-ever win. Talk about low points. Personally, I wish Katrina wasn't part of the narrative, but it is.

Wouldn't you like to have a buck for every guy who called in "sick" today in New Orleans? Laissez les bons temps rouler! Et Rouler. Et Rouler.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

C'mon no salary cap in 2010! Make having Dan Snyder as an owner finally pay off!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The looks on the kid's faces during the halftime show were great...they thought it was funny. I kept trying to explain that their first album came out in 1965...so they can't be blamed for looking like they were lost out there...Pete, don't wear the jacket if it gets in the way and we don't want to see your stomach.

Always loved the Who, didn't need to see them in that setting, kinda like seeing Ali as his health really declined.

Manning has one SB and they beat the Bears and Rex Grossman...that shouldn't even count. Joe is Joe, despite the Skechers commercial and TB is one crazy David Tyree catch from having 4 SB's. I'll take Brady or Joe any day. Peyton should be playing golf with Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton and Donovan McNabb in 10 years.

He has lost every big game in HS, college and all but 1 in the NFL...he can't even beat Justin Timberlake in ping pong. That isn't explained away by Reggie Wayne not running a route or stupid kickers.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X