Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't think without a teleprompter.

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    As someone who worked with a teleprompter is college when doing TV stuff, I think I can chime in on this debate.

Everyone uses a teleprompter. I've seen them used in TV debates for congressional races. Anyone who complains that a certain candidate uses it, needs to check themselves.

The key is how a person comes off while using one. If you sound like you are reading one, then you are going to get skewered. The trick is to sound like you are making the remarks semi off the cuff. Everyone needs notes. People don't expect you to memorize a whole speech and say it without any errors.
    Sometime in the future will we have debates between (among) teleprompters? One of the advantages is that we could see right through their misstatements.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

the same people whining about teleprompters are the ones who would suggest a public figure be fired if they mistakenly said Alaska was one of the original 13 colonies (it wasn't, was it?)

the more likely outcome is nobody says anything, if a candidate wants to appeal to you they will:

r u going 2 vote? plz pk me!!
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

No teleprompter here. Ronnie used 3X5 cards. And was mocked and criticized for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i-TRJGPRw4

FWIW: I covered that speech at the JSC. And have never seen anything like the grief on display there. Never.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 04-20-2012, 05:56 PM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
        X