Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
    [/FONT]

Sorry, the story doesn’t change. This wasn’t chain immigration because it occurred before 1965,and yes, they had to be sponsored. They had to apply like everyone else. In 1965, Ted Kennedy implemented his "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" package that DID include his new plan for chain immigration, the end result being more Dem power. See any reason the nation should be very wary of more "Comprehensive Immigration Reform"?

Bottom line on the original story;
    1) 50 Venezuelan POC's were dropped off in Martha's Vineyard (still waiting for RPI's picture showing 40% were red haired/green eyed Irishmen)

2) The "Compassionate" People of MV rallyed quickly to help them out ….. for 44 hours - Translation - we gave a few photo ops, said nice things and then hired a tour bus to bring Enrique and his pals off the island, under the watchful eye of the MA National Guard mind you, to the beautiful living conditions of a former air force base. Question: How many do you think will be "resettled" on the Vineyard? Anyone have the over under?

3) Marthas Vineyard capacity to handle 50 "Guests" - If they cant successfully care for 50 People of Color on short notice, then how can the island possibly care for 3500+ Anglers taking part in the Annual Sept/Oct Fishing Derby? Or for the annual wine festival that can accommodate 2500? Where do these people get housed and fed? Answer - yes, all of these attendees are also being housed at Joint Base Cape Cod, and day tripping over. :-)

https://www.weneedavacation.com/even...luefish-derby/
    Chain migration didn't begin in 1965. In the broadest sense it's a common practice that predates immigration limits in which family and others known to previous immigrants follow them to their new country. The town where my dad grew up had about 1/2 of the population from an Italian village that came over to work in the mills (until they closed during the Depression). Government became involved and the issue became contentious when immigration limits were invoked but preferences were given for chain migration, including those that were sponsored like members of your family tree. Frankly I don't have a great problem with the concept, but we've been told by conservatives that it's a critical part of what's wrong with our immigration system. In fact, it's such a threat that the 2022 Texas Republican Convention adopted in its platform for candidates, "Chain migration and the diversity visa lottery shall be eliminated." Of course, given that they combined those two elements in a single goal, one could infer that their biggest problem is with the racial and ethnic makeup of those whose chains are migrating.

I didn't make assumptions about the racial makeup of the immigrants. You did. So I'll await the proof behind your assumption that they are all persons of color.

The compassionate people of MV did take care of the immigrants by establishing a group housing location in a local church on no notice and gathering whatever supplies they could assemble. Apparently you believe they were required to put them up in commercial hotels or even private homes, requirements that haven't existed in Texas and Florida and don't exist in sanctuary declarations either (contrary to the brain cramped thoughts of many, giving sanctuary does not require paying to put someone up in the Ritz-Carlton or offering the guest room). The federal government has spent a fortune setting up facilities in those states so immigrants are not placed in hotels except in limited or rare circumstances. In those unusual cases where they are, the facitilites were paid reasonable compensation. The overwhelmingly common practice, however, is to send immigrants to temporary government housing facilities, some of which, in Texas at least, are current or former military. Hey, that sounds familiar. If Abbott and Desantis think it's so bad for Massachusetts to send them to available military facilities instead of commercial inns, perhaps they'll show us how it's done by emptying their immigrant holding facilities and filling empty hotel rooms at an appropriate rate of compensation.

Comment

• Here's something more Whaler's speed...

A TikTok explainer: https://www.tiktok.com/@counterpoint...29072095972650
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Posting it before Drew does: https://twitter.com/IdahoTribune/sta...68751798554626

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Hey, so, how come everyone who was so vocal about the residents of Martha's Vineyard opening their doors and hearts to the immigrants have suddenly gone super quiet about why Mar-A-Lago, and other well to do red state residents, haven't opened their doors to their displaced Floridians?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Hey, so, how come everyone who was so vocal about the residents of Martha's Vineyard opening their doors and hearts to the immigrants have suddenly gone super quiet about why Mar-A-Lago, and other well to do red state residents, haven't opened their doors to their displaced Floridians?
            Strongly agree with this post. There is no difference between the two groups.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Hey, so, how come everyone who was so vocal about the residents of Martha's Vineyard opening their doors and hearts to the immigrants have suddenly gone super quiet about why Mar-A-Lago, and other well to do red state residents, haven't opened their doors to their displaced Floridians?
              Donnie didn’t even toss paper towels over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Strongly agree with this post. There is no difference between the two groups.
                Yes there is. One group claimed they wanted them and would compassionately care for them. But when they showed up unannounced, they kicked them out within 44 hours, to someone else's neighborhood. The other group wanted them to come LEGALLY thru proper channels so they can INTEGRATE into our great country. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Comment

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/er...4b6feec1e6a167
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Hey, it happened in Massachusetts, AGAIN. "Migrants" dropped off without any notice in Methuen, MA (north of Boston). 55 Haitian FAMILIES (not just 55 migrants like arrived on MV) were just dropped off at a hotel. The town, FAR less wealthy than the "compassionate" people of Martha's Vineyard, now has 75 new children attending their schools, AND they need to hire translators because no teachers speak Haitian Creole. Before you start the whole "they applied for asylum" joke, note that they passed thru at least 9 other countries on their journey BEFORE reaching the US.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/immigra...2022/41713162#

How many new Haitian Creole students have enrolled in the Edgartown or Oak Bluffs school systems?

Comment

• "Mainland town just outside of major city has better access to transportation and resources needed for large group of people than island at off-peak season."

Story at 6.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        "Mainland town just outside of major city has better access to transportation and resources needed for large group of people than island at off-peak season."

Story at 6.
                        Yeah, from the looks of it, the suburbs of decaying mill towns are just bursting with excess dollars. Wouldnt Cambridge, MA, Newton or Brookline have been closer? They have nice access to transportation and much larger resources. Of course those wouldnt work, they are the ACTUAL hometowns of the the Martha's Vineyard citizens, who already kicked the other "migrants" off the island within 44 hours.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                        X