Sanctuary Cities/States - DON'T Come all ye to Bethlehem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mv is like the Disneyland for colored folk.
    So where were they when 50 POC needed help? Not ONE household on the island saw fit to have one of the people stay with them? With all of their money and resources they have available in "Disneyland"?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
      I'm sorry gang, I'm the ignorant doofus here. I've read/seen all sorts of stuff on this topic including some Fox News that I was forced to watch while in a restaurant and I still cannot figure out what the outcome was supposed to be that would have satisfied the right. Can someone on the right side of the aisle help me out by solving for X in the statement below:

If the people of MV had done X then I (Drew, Whalers, Fox News, et al) would be completely satisfied with the outcome of this scenario (i.e. not triggered).

Based on this discussion I'm beginning to think solving for X is like trying to divide by zero...
      If the people of MV had actually stepped up and not shown their hypocrisy. If these migrants are indeed so great for OUR country, then people of money who vote to let them walk in to OUR country (which really means our house), then take them into YOUR HOUSE. If you dont want the country to have doors with locks, then take the locks off your doors first. Seems pretty simple, but these "compassionate" people of MV thought it was a good idea for .............. 44 Hours. To paraphrase, they are saying, "we already have our gardeners and trash collectors here, let them go work for those peasants of Cape Cod". :-)

Comment

I think you have your answer Talons.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

You are buying into right wing propaganda. What facilities do they have on Marthas Vineyard that could support these people? Is there a base or barracks that could house and feed 50 people there? If so, I am not aware of it. Comments such as "why didn't Obama let them stay at his place" etc etc are just stupid. Staying crammed into the floor of a church or school gym while school is in session is simply not sustainable.

Nobody is saying that the base is paradise, but it is a safe, functional spot in a neighboring town where they can be put up as they go through the system.
          If MV can’t handle 50 people how are small, poor towns along the border supposed to handle 8k a day? They don’t want ‘people like that’ and kicked them off, simple as. Every town should have to do their bit to house those coming across not just the areas along the border.

Somewhat of a separate issue but there should be harsh financial penalties for owning a second home. It would definitely open up some preexisting supply and give resources to build new supply.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post

So where were they when 50 POC needed help? Not ONE household on the island saw fit to have one of the people stay with them? With all of their money and resources they have available in "Disneyland"?
            "like" you dumb****. geez
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I can't believe the local McDonalds doesn't accept sick people suffering from emergency medical situations in their play area. It must be because they hate sick people and not because their play area is in no way set up to handle and process sick people.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Ooooooohhhh......
                https://***********/QasimRashid/stat...23305527492610

San Antonio Sheriff is opening an investigation into the kidnapping of 50 migrants from a migrant resource center in San Antonio. Confirmed that 48 migrants were lured, and the sheriff emphasized lured, under false pretenses to stay in a hotel and then board an airplane where they were flown to Florida, and then on to Martha's Vineyard. At Martha's Vineyard, they were posed for photo ops, and then "unceremoniously stranded." Someone, from out of state, preyed upon these people with false pretenses to "exploit and hoodwink" into being used for "political posturing."

Whalers, Drew, comment?
                I’d love to see DeSantis, Trump, and the rest of the maga crowd in jail but I doubt it ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I think you have your answer Talons.

They're outraged for the sake of being outraged. Just as I thought and now confirmed.

Comment

No, not outraged. As Drew mentions, these migrants have to live in SOMEONE's backyard, why not make it the backyards of the people who vote for this and profess to care so much? THAT is the question that needs to be asked and answered by others here. In all of the responses so far, not ONE of you has mentioned taking in any of the 2,500,000 migrants who have showed up since Jan 2021. Forget Martha's Vineyard, any Big resettlements in Chestnut Hill, Edina, or Westchester? Where is your compassion? No, you would be outraged if it happened.

Comment

What don't you understand that these people already were in an area awaiting processing. LEGALLY.

Your heros KIDNAPPED them and shuttled them off to an unknown location for a ****ING photo op.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I have a simple solution for the Republicans. Get the laws changed. You changed abortion law. Now change immigration law. I'm sure EVERYONE on Planet Earth will accept the country with the Statue of Liberty changing their laws so "asylum" is never allowed again to refugee's.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Whalers, I'd ask if you would do the same in return: if a Proud Boy needed to find refuge in your basement, would you open your house up to them? Feed them? Open your heart and wallet to them?

But, judging by your posts, you already are.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            What don't you understand that these people already were in an area awaiting processing. LEGALLY.

Your heros KIDNAPPED them and shuttled them off to an unknown location for a ****ING photo op.
                            My understanding is the vast majority of the people entering have no shot of getting asylum but are allowed to apply and can stay until it is inevitably denied. A lot slip thru the cracks/are never followed up on. What they’re doing is legal but disingenuous and is attempting to skip the line. With all that being said I’d be fine significantly increasing the amount of people allowed in legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

My understanding is the vast majority of the people entering have no shot of getting asylum but are allowed to apply and can stay until it is inevitably denied. A lot slip thru the cracks/are never followed up on. What they’re doing is legal but disingenuous and is attempting to skip the line. With all that being said I’d be fine significantly increasing the amount of people allowed in legally.
                              This. This right here. I disagree with nothing you just said. But your scenario has been going on since W was in charge. W (with a fully Republican congress), Obama, Trump (with a fully Republican congress) did nothing. No legislation of any sort. Not even talk of legislation. Z.E.R.O. I give W some credit, he paid some lip service to the problem but was immediately pilloried for it. And now you, Whalers, Fox News, fully blame the current guy for ALLLLLL the problems and scream HYPOCRISY!! from the rooftops.

Whatever, dude.

Comment

Tear down the ****ing statue. Build a wall. Shoot on sight.

Done. A policy Republicans can get behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X