Sanctuary Cities/States - DON'T Come all ye to Bethlehem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

They used to fly f-15’s there but moved them to Western Mass. They were the first ones to respond on 9/11. I just read it’s a superfund site as well.
    Which base housed the ones who shot down United 93?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post

What?? Are you telling me that Obama's EMPTY house isnt suitable housing? The 50+% of island homes that are unoccupied after Labor Day aren't suitable? There isn't ONE suitable house on the entire island?

Let me repeat, NOT ONE Person of Color who got off one of the planes is still on the island. There isn't ONE compassionate liberal remaining on MV willing to put their money where their mouth is and take in ONE "migrant"?? Please explain that.
      MV is all people of color. Vacation spot for colored folks.

plus why would anyone want to stay there? Holiday season is over. Seasonal help has left. Get on the cape and one can highway anywhere in the USA to find work. Easy to get onto I95 and head back to work for trump

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

plus why would anyone want to stay there? Holiday season is over. Seasonal help has left. Get on the cape and one can highway anywhere in the USA to find work. Easy to get onto I95 and head back to work for trump
        Again, Ron DeSantis played this perfectly, if his goal was to pander to Republicans. He even picked the right time of the year to send them there. If someone like Drew S., who purportedly voted for Biden and is horrifyingly the type of voter Democrats are hoping to court in November 2022 and 2024, is parroting the Republican line of attack on this, I am confused where we're at on immigration as a party if the DeSantis shtick worked on him.

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post

Again, Ron DeSantis played this perfectly, if his goal was to pander to Republicans. He even picked the right time of the year to send them there. If someone like Drew S., who purportedly voted for Biden and is horrifyingly the type of voter Democrats are hoping to court in November 2022 and 2024, is parroting the Republican line of attack on this, I am confused where we're at on immigration as a party if the DeSantis shtick worked on him.
          If Drew and his like are the only hope for our society we're all ****ing doomed.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Smiley emojis arent working I see. :-)

Sorta close - 84% white, 4% hispanic. Of the 4% hispanic, a grand total of 0 have been added in the last week. The potential was there, mind you, but the compassionate MV residents believed an aging air base that is also a SuperFund cleanup site, would be a more fitting resting place. In their defense while these POC's were on the island, they did scrounge up several boxes of cereal (the good stuff, not that cheap store brand Cr@p) to ensure they had full belly's to complete the off-island journey.

Comment

What the group will find waiting at Joint Base Cape Cod

At Joint Base Cape Cod, the migrants will find respite in dormitory-style accommodations. Emergency management officials said there will be spaces both for singles and families, and that families will be kept together.

Besides having a place to sleep, they will be provided with clothing and toiletries kits, and food. They will have access to legal and health care services, as well as mental health and crises counseling services. Interpreters will be on hand to assist with communication.

The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency is working with various organizations to provide these services.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by psych View Post

To be clear it doesn’t make me want to vote for Lepage instead of Mills or vote for Trump instead of Biden. More than anything else it I find it frustrating, irritating, and disgusting. The folks on MV, who have lots of resources, told the immigrants to **** right off and had the military remove them inside 48 hours.

If you think staying at Otis, which had its main mission taken away 15 years ago, is nice you are completely insane. They are staying in what used to be barracks and almost certainly have had little maintenance in the last decade and a half. They deserve much, much better from people with the resources who could have provided it.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Oh yeah, looks like total hell: https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...thas-vineyard/

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Also: every airbase is a superfund site. If not, it’s only because nobody bothered to check the soil. If benzene doesn’t get you down, let me introduce you to hydrazine.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Also: every airbase is a superfund site. If not, it’s only because nobody bothered to check the soil. If benzene doesn’t get you down, let me introduce you to hydrazine.
                      There are radioactive goblins who haunt the place too.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

There are radioactive goblins who haunt the place too.
                        And the only way to defeat the goblins is to read about amortization tables.

KDR

Comment

Ooooooohhhh......
                          https://***********/QasimRashid/stat...23305527492610

San Antonio Sheriff is opening an investigation into the kidnapping of 50 migrants from a migrant resource center in San Antonio. Confirmed that 48 migrants were lured, and the sheriff emphasized lured, under false pretenses to stay in a hotel and then board an airplane where they were flown to Florida, and then on to Martha's Vineyard. At Martha's Vineyard, they were posed for photo ops, and then "unceremoniously stranded." Someone, from out of state, preyed upon these people with false pretenses to "exploit and hoodwink" into being used for "political posturing."

Whalers, Drew, comment?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post

Smiley emojis arent working I see. :-)

Sorta close - 84% white, 4% hispanic. Of the 4% hispanic, a grand total of 0 have been added in the last week. The potential was there, mind you, but the compassionate MV residents believed an aging air base that is also a SuperFund cleanup site, would be a more fitting resting place. In their defense while these POC's were on the island, they did scrounge up several boxes of cereal (the good stuff, not that cheap store brand Cr@p) to ensure they had full belly's to complete the off-island journey.
                            https://www.vo*****/the-highlight/22...bluffs-inkwell

No emoji’s needed ;*)

mv is like the Disneyland for colored folk. Mookie been down and saw for himself many times.

are the whites you referring to pertain to the meth heads that live year round? Like on the cape? **** the cape is more dangerous than New Bedford for ****s sake. White folks are mean & nasty :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

To be clear it doesn’t make me want to vote for Lepage instead of Mills or vote for Trump instead of Biden. More than anything else it I find it frustrating, irritating, and disgusting. The folks on MV, who have lots of resources, told the immigrants to **** right off and had the military remove them inside 48 hours.

If you think staying at Otis, which had its main mission taken away 15 years ago, is nice you are completely insane. They are staying in what used to be barracks and almost certainly have had little maintenance in the last decade and a half. They deserve much, much better from people with the resources who could have provided it.
                              You are buying into right wing propaganda. What facilities do they have on Marthas Vineyard that could support these people? Is there a base or barracks that could house and feed 50 people there? If so, I am not aware of it. Comments such as "why didn't Obama let them stay at his place" etc etc are just stupid. Staying crammed into the floor of a church or school gym while school is in session is simply not sustainable.

Nobody is saying that the base is paradise, but it is a safe, functional spot in a neighboring town where they can be put up as they go through the system.

Comment

I'm sorry gang, I'm the ignorant doofus here. I've read/seen all sorts of stuff on this topic including some Fox News that I was forced to watch while in a restaurant and I still cannot figure out what the outcome was supposed to be that would have satisfied the right. Can someone on the right side of the aisle help me out by solving for X in the statement below:

If the people of MV had done X then I (Drew, Whalers, Fox News, et al) would be completely satisfied with the outcome of this scenario (i.e. not triggered).

Based on this discussion I'm beginning to think solving for X is like trying to divide by zero...

Comment

Working...
                                X