Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2022-23: How About A Lions vs. Jaguars Super Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy G has been on a couple teams that have done very well. He hasn't been the backbone of those teams, but he also hasn't sabotaged them either. It's more than other skill players around him, and the Shanahan system with its misdirection. It's the type of system that doesn't need a HoF QB, and looking at the league overall you could certainly do worse, but he also hasn't been quite what they needed to win it all. Add to that the injuries and there is doubt he will ever quite get there. Giving up three 1st round picks for Lance, who they hoped would be the solution but looks to be worse, did not help.

McCaffrey could do well in the 49ers system. The question is if he stays healthy.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I’ll give him the SB year, but he only threw for 131 and an interception last year against GB. That was SF’s special teams that won that game.

I agree with you that he gets more hate than he deserves. He’s an average QB, which unfortunately in today’s NFL means he’s terrible.
      Horrible in the eyes of the talking heads, I suppose. But he's better than most out there- capable of effectively running the system that he's being asked to play. And since he came from a totally different system, he's capable of adjusting.

Lots of teams need solid QBs, and they all turned their backs on a good deal to get him. Sucks for them, but SF is doing pretty well as him as the playing back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Horrible in the eyes of the talking heads, I suppose. But he's better than most out there- capable of effectively running the system that he's being asked to play. And since he came from a totally different system, he's capable of adjusting.

Lots of teams need solid QBs, and they all turned their backs on a good deal to get him. Sucks for them, but SF is doing pretty well as him as the playing back up.
        Exactly. He's never going to win any stat competitions, but you can't argue with the results of the two seasons he was healthy: very close to winning one SB and very close to getting to another. His main job in their system is to run the offense, not pass for 5000 yards in a season. You can certainly wonder if with another QB they get over the hill in SB LIV or 2022 NFC CG, but you also have to make do with the QBs that exist, not one you want to create out of thin air, and there are far more worse QBs in the league than better ones.

All that said, it's the injuries, and the fact he's only had two full season of the four he's been here, that I think ways on people. The 49ers need to do something while all of their skill position players are still very good, and they have a limited timeframe to do it. Is a QB who is hurt as often as healthy the solution there?

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

All that said, it's the injuries, and the fact he's only had two full season of the four he's been here, that I think ways on people. The 49ers need to do something while all of their skill position players are still very good, and they have a limited timeframe to do it. Is a QB who is hurt as often as healthy the solution there?
          Which is part of the reason they got Tre Lance. Who just got hurt by playing.

It's pretty ironic that nobody chose Jimmy G because of his injuries, and now he's playing (and winning) because of his replacement's injury.

Comment

Which is part of the reason they got Tre Lance. Who just got hurt by playing.

It's pretty ironic that nobody chose Jimmy G because of his injuries, and now he's playing (and winning) because of his replacement's injury.
            Oh yeah. I get the point of wanting someone to replace Jimmy G because of the injury issues, but Lance was just such a comically bad choice to be that guy. "Let's give up 3 first round picks for a guy who played one full season at NDSU."

KDR

Comment

• Russell Wilson has more bathrooms in his house (12) than he has touchdown passes through 6 games (5).
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Jimmy G has been on a couple teams that have done very well. He hasn't been the backbone of those teams, but he also hasn't sabotaged them either. It's more than other skill players around him, and the Shanahan system with its misdirection. It's the type of system that doesn't need a HoF QB, and looking at the league overall you could certainly do worse, but he also hasn't been quite what they needed to win it all. Add to that the injuries and there is doubt he will ever quite get there. Giving up three 1st round picks for Lance, who they hoped would be the solution but looks to be worse, did not help.

McCaffrey could do well in the 49ers system. The question is if he stays healthy.
                Well, he did sorta puke up that Super Bowl.

I see the faults, but I don't really get the hatred either. He's Kirk Cousins, or Alex Smith. Probably not gonna win you games by himself, but he won't be the sole reason you lose them either(most of the time). There's a lot worse QBs out there.

As Garropolo fanboi 98.5 The SportsHub's Tony Masserotti says, he just wins.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Well, he did sorta puke up that Super Bowl.

I see the faults, but I don't really get the hatred either. He's Kirk Cousins, or Alex Smith. Probably not gonna win you games by himself, but he won't be the sole reason you lose them either(most of the time). There's a lot worse QBs out there.

As Garropolo fanboi 98.5 The SportsHub's Tony Masserotti says, he just wins.
                  I very much don't put that on him- they changed how they played the game and let KC back into it.

Comment

• Let us take a minute to laugh at Aaron Rodgers.

It turns out that ayahuasca does not make you better at football.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• And Taylor Heinecke just beat Kaaron Rodgers.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Ironic the other ten guys completed their laterals but Rodgers ****ed his up.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          So, Trent Dilfer.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Giants go to 6-1 by 2 yards.

Ugliest 6-1 team in history.

Meanwhile, Jets and their ugly new uniforms leading Russell Wilson.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I very much don't put that on him- they changed how they played the game and let KC back into it.
                              Kyle Shanahan was the Atlanta OC at 28-3. Still tries to run out the clock in the playoffs to this day.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Let us take a minute to laugh at Aaron Rodgers.

It turns out that ayahuasca does not make you better at football.
                                Given how the Lions are just as bad as last year, that's the only other highlight in our division. Pretty funny. "Their greed will be their downfall" from Master and Commander works so well for Rodgers.

Great that the Lions ran the half time clock out to hold that precious 6 points at half. Worked out really well....

Comment

Working...
                                X